Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Saturday Night Live - August 22, 2020

MoS

Pandemic hurt their momentum.  They'd just started the group with Pac and I'm pretty sure Pac was set to be the next challenger for Moxley (they rushed Harper into the spot).  It's easy to forget but pre-COVID Pac was one of the top guys in the company with a bunch of big wins.  Then he's gone completely and Lucha Bros were gone for months

I LOVED Brodie Lee beating Cody like that.  Came completely out of nowhere.  Cody sold being hurt immediately when Lee tossed him out of the ring early, then it was just Brodie domination.  When he hit the discus lariat I thought for sure Cody would kick out and we'd get the match going proper with Cody working from underneath....there was still a fair amount of time left in the show.  But nope.  Total squash destruction and I loved it.  Then the angle afterwards was well done too, actually getting physical with Arn which is rare, and they sold the Cody injury as well as you can

I've been pretty high on the Dark Order stuff since Lee was revealed.  I love the stuff with Cabana, and adding Anna Jay was a good move.  Angels, Silver and Reynolds are showing to be very good in the ring and are a great trio if they ever add 6 man belts.

I wish they'd done a better job introducing Tully with FTR other than just "hey, he's their manager now"

I dug the MJF promo video the most of all them so far.  The stip request is stupid, but whatever, it's classic pro-rasslin

I loved Kenny wanting to murder dude by powerbombing him on a stretched out chair before the Bucks made the save.  I CAN'T WAIT for the return of Psycho Kenny

I was MARKING OUT for the idea of a Mimosa match and yelling "MIMOSA!!!" before Jericho even said it.  It's so wacky yet so perfect.  Only thing that segment was missing was a return shot for the OJ drop with a champagne drop, but they did the beatdown and waterboarded him with bubbly instead, so it worked just fine

About Tully, I think they set it up well 2 weeks ago during the Tag Team Appreciation Segment in which Tully berated Arn & the Rock N' Roll Express, citing Arn's involvement in the Cody vs Spears match at All Out last year and once FTR sucker punched Ricky Morton, I kinda saw they were going there (in addition to Tully scouting FTR a few weeks back from the lower bowl). I'm just waiting now to see if the Nightmare Family will eventually implode when Cody returns to TV to have him join Tully for that rumored modern Horsemen stable.