Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Summerslam 2020 Renee Young is the best

KawadaSmile

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy for brother KawadaSmile and clearly it's something WWE badly needed, but it does make Roman look like a carny fuck for saying he's staying home to protect himself from his non-mask wearing non-quarantining co workers only to turn back up when they needed him the most.  

Please, WWE. It's really fucking easy. Run Roman vs Big Bill Goldberg and have Big E Langston win it. Roman vs Big E at next year's Mania.

It's really simple.

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

I'm happy for brother KawadaSmile and clearly it's something WWE badly needed, but it does make Roman look like a carny fuck for saying he's staying home to protect himself from his non-mask wearing non-quarantining co workers only to turn back up when they needed him the most.  

He's playing chess while we were all playing checkers.

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Or he had Covid already - got it some other way - and it wasn't publicized. (Obviously, a pure guess on my part.)

Kyle O'Reilly, another person who was staying away due to being in a high risk group, came back a few weeks ago, so I'm thinking some kind of mandate came down that if you continue to sit out you won't get paid or something like that. 

I mean, Roman was 100% right when he said he couldn't trust his co workers to follow precautions and not bring covid into the workplace. Nothing in regards to that has changed, and presumably Roman hasn't stopped caring about his family, so something else must have happened for him to suddenly go against what he was so adamant about before.

3 hours ago, Kadaveri said:

Is there any reason to think that wasn't legitimately the reason why Roman was away for 5 months.

According to Roman himself, his doctors said he wasn't at any more risk for COVID because of the medication he takes for his leukemia. He left because his wife had just gave birth and didn't feel his co-workers were taking the same precautions as him to stay safe.

That leaves a lot of wiggle room, TBF. Does having leukemia at all make him more at-risk? He hasn't said. Does he think others in WWE are doing better with safety measures? We don't know.

But when you factor in WWE testing everyone now, Roman probably feels a lot better about the situation. And I would guess they will give him every accommodation possible to make him feel comfortable (separate dressing room/private tour bus, limit who has access to him, etc).

Being in Amway helps a lot, too. Bigger space, not breathing in the same recycled air as everyone else in the cramped PC.

Speaking of ThunderDome, the rumor floating around is it was designed with the idea of bringing Roman back. If that's true, it's not hard to imagine Vince had to put some nice perks on the table for Roman to return beyond that. More money, more flexibility to pursue outside projects, could be anything.

Roman comes across as one of the more level-headed big wrestling stars in recent memory, but we do have to remember he grew up in a wrestling family. He's got the carny gene by natural inheritance. So him using the situation and WWE's possible desperation to get him back on TV to his advantage wouldn't be a shock. That's all speculation of course, but not far-fetched.

34 minutes ago, sek69 said:

EgJvkBUWoAM38AN?format=jpg&name=large

From Alexa Bliss's Instagram. Looks like someone's not happy they weren't on the show after being a central part of the angle leading up to it. 

Considering that she's been the focal point of the Braun/Fiend buildup for the past month, it certainly was a headscratcher that she wasn't involved in any way, shape or form in the main event. Did they decide to prioritize Roman coming back over her involvement? Very possible. Maybe they're planning something for Payback next weekend and they felt like Roman's return would've overshadowed anything Alexa would've done in the match anyway.

But that would be par for the course from Bruce Prichard & Vince McMahon to just act like she hadn't been involved in the storyline in the first place, despite having a video package prominently featuring her minutes before the main event.

8 hours ago, C.S. said:

For us non-Europeans, that's a good thing, right? :D 

Of course! I probably should of just said good! :lol:

I'm hoping they save Roman's return match for Payback. Otherwise they've got nothing they can whip up in 6 days to sell me on that event other than the inevitable Banks/Bayley turn.  

8 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Being in Amway helps a lot, too. Bigger space, not breathing in the same recycled air as everyone else in the cramped PC.

This is probably a key. Way easier for him to come in one of the many entrances and head straight to a private dressing room to protect himself. At that point, he ends up being exposed to a pretty minimal number of people.