Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/24 - 08/30 HUGE News!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on Keith for being chill with the fans on twitter.  Twitter is too crazy for me, I keep my rasslin opinions for what they're worth pWo exclusive these days.....

That said, while I'm sure some people massively overreacted in the negative to his debut, we've been down this road over and over with talent moving from NXT to RAW/SD, so the concern is absolutely warranted

As far as the theme goes.....Keith moving to the main roster has been in the the plans for a while now, they had time to get his presentation right.  So the "work in progress" excuse doesn't really fly with me

Also, as far as the CFO$ thing goes, they used Keith's NXT theme at Survivor Series and the Rumble.....is this a new development?  Also, NXT is on TV and is basically main roster anyway....not sure I buy that.  Are we even sure they did his theme?  I know they were doing a lot of themes several years ago (like when Enzo was in NXT which feels like a million years ago) but I hadn't heard them mentioned at all in a long time

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

I'm not sure on this but it seems there are some problems between CFO$ and WWE regarding the use of their music on the main roster, which would explain the change.

Something about CFO$'s previous publishing thing where half of the money they were getting was going straight to the publisher, if I read correctly. Now, they're officially broken up so this might also be playing a factor.

Yeah, music rights can get messy in a hurry, I don't begrudge anyone not wanting to deal with any of it.

My issue with his debut was more how his debut match was used as a backdrop for the angle with Drew and that they gave him the Kevin Owens makeover.  Anyone who never watched NXT but maybe heard buzz about him on the internet would see that and not understood what the big deal was. A main roster debut is your chance to knock it out of the park and I thought they squandered it. He should have been out there killing jobbers and shoulder blocking them into the top level of the Thunderdome. 

53 minutes ago, sek69 said:

My issue with his debut was more how his debut match was used as a backdrop for the angle with Drew

The only hope here is that the "my friend Drew" stuff is leading to a turn. It does seem suspect, as their "close friendship" appears to have materialized out of thin air. I don't remember it ever being mentioned before now. I mean, maybe on Instagram or something, but not in storylines.

They probably crossed paths on the indies (?), were in NXT together (?), and are IRL friends (?)

It's totally out of nowhere though, and if that's the story, they need to deliver on context for me to care but.....oh, the "ppv" is Sunday.  Oh well.

I'm a big Keith Lee fan, but I can't ignore the obvious and act like this was a good debut of him on RAW.  It wasn't.  And WWE doesn't get the benefit of the doubt on anything

Worst part is that all they really had to do what give us a more well-thought out finish to the match. Lee holding Orton's punch and crushing his hand was nice, the POUNCE looked awesome as it would work like that in real life, too.

It was on its way to be something at least good. A shame Drew appeared and like a magic trick, Lee vanished.

They were in a somewhat tough bind with Lee's debut, at least in my eyes.

On one hand, Lee coming in and destroying someone in a squash-like match would've been cool. 

But I posted some pages back how much they desperately needed fresh blood in the main event on RAW. After Orton, there just wasn't anyone I was excited about going against Drew. With Lee in the mix, there is the potential that he is going to be treated like a big deal not just this week, not just this month, but for the next 6, 9, 12 months.

There was a time when the WWE was doing a good job with slowly building up a talent...but its been years since that time (maybe Kevin Owens?). Bobby Lashley, Andrade, Aleister Black, even Buddy Murphy - the list goes on of guys who they didn't really push strong enough from the start  and ended up having to re-package or who became victims of start/stop pushes. Even Drew McIntyre suffered that fate, doing absolutely nothing of merit for at least a year after his call-up.

Time will tell if Keith Lee's name will be added to that list (sadly, I think it will), but hopefully they view him as a guy that they are actually going to insert into the upper midcard and keep him there. To me, Drew is an example of a guy who I was pretty cold on in January and February, became lukewarm about after Mania, but am now thinking is worthy of his spot thanks to the feud with Orton. They "force fed" him to me and it worked. I hope they force feed us Lee because I think it'll work even better.

1 hour ago, DMJ said:

There was a time when the WWE was doing a good job with slowly building up a talent...but its been years since that time (maybe Kevin Owens?). Bobby Lashley, Andrade, Aleister Black, even Buddy Murphy - the list goes on of guys who they didn't really push strong enough from the start  and ended up having to re-package or who became victims of start/stop pushes. Even Drew McIntyre suffered that fate, doing absolutely nothing of merit for at least a year after his call-up.

Surviving the initial burial/squandering on the main roster is the new "paying dues" in THA BIZ these days. 

37 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Surviving the initial burial/squandering on the main roster is the new "paying dues" in THA BIZ these days. 

My fear for Keith Lee is that he is going to end up in some awful angle based around him being "too fat." One can only assume that someone thinks that already based on the new attire. It also seems like the king of thing that would amuse Vince to no end.

Like if Vince feels he needs to cover up his upper body, fine. Have him wear gear like Mark Henry, no need to have him in those Kevin Owens shorts that had everyone on Twitter calling it a tennis onesie. That made it seem like someone was trying to sabotage him right out of the box.

I dunno, bubbas. Otis is the local "funny fat guy", and even so he's treated as a legit babyface, despite his goofy antics. And the whole point of his character is that he's *not* covering his body, so I dunno. Maybe they want Lee to feel more like Mark Henry? 

Anyway it's barely been two days since his debut

7 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Considering how they had Henry featured on big programs, title reigns and he went on to be a great, GREAT gatekeeper, things could be hella worse.

Yeah he could be macking on old ladies or being booked as a sex addict.

I get your point, but the last (awesome) era of Henry's career shouldn't be used to erase the decade of Wrestlecrap he was put through to make him quit on the massive contract they had buyer's remorse over. 

All they need to do is get out of the way and let him be Keith Lee and everyone will be swimming in cash.