Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/31 - 09/06 Real Big Dog Hours

KawadaSmile

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being used as the cudgel in which WWE tries to beat down AEW with has been the worst thing to ever happen to NXT.  They've totally adopted the Eric Bischoff-running-WCW method of hot shotting week to week to beat the competition instead of trying to build a better show of their own. 

3 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Oh..... Oh Shawn....

Did you see that match, it was so epic

It had the stuff, that drives the fans wild.

All the moves, you know they used them.

Then they kicked out, at two point nine.....

this board NEEDS the like function. stuff like this is just incredible.

also how fucked up it is that you hyped a four way ironman match between 4 ex-champs and they don't give you a finish?

fuck that

I'll admit it is confirmation bias, but when they announced a 60-minute match between these 4 guys and I thought, "There's no way I'm watching that even out of morbid curiosity," and then I read the non-result this morning, I was just like, "I'm so glad I didn't waste any time watching that even out of morbid curiosity."

People criticize AEW for being "too niche" and "indie-based," but as a poster noted above, NXT has become the same thing only for the past couple years,  they've been doing it far, far worse.

19 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

nxt uk has to be a money laundering scheme i can't believe they made such a gorgeous facility to a show no one watches

If they want to do a money laundering or tax evasion scheme in Europe, there are better places than UK. Ireland, Jersey, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Switzerland or Liechtenstein would have been better choices.

14 hours ago, sek69 said:

Being used as the cudgel in which WWE tries to beat down AEW with has been the worst thing to ever happen to NXT.  They've totally adopted the Eric Bischoff-running-WCW method of hot shotting week to week to beat the competition instead of trying to build a better show of their own. 

40 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:
everyone wins

Well, not really, since the only reason NXT was put in front or AEW was to hurt them and prevent them from finding an audience. They don't want *everyone* to win. This move shows that they have actually lost and this is them registering that loss, although of course they'll try to twist it into some sort of bold positive move...

3 minutes ago, ButchReedMark said:

Other than the far superior Impact.

The beauty of it is that Impact is so under the radar that I don't think he can be hurt anymore. :D

But yeah, if you look at it that way, it's hilarious. They tried to compete with AEW and now revert to "counter-program" Impact !

4 minutes ago, El-P said:

Well, not really, since the only reason NXT was put in front or AEW was to hurt them and prevent them from finding an audience. They don't want *everyone* to win. This move shows that they have actually lost and this is them registering that loss, although of course they'll try to twist it into some sort of bold positive move...

It's whatever at this point. They will have a bigger viewership, AEW will have too, and fans won't have to choose.

From what I've heard that decision was pushed by USA Network, too. The whole "Wednesday Night Scuffle" was bad.