Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/31 - 09/06 Real Big Dog Hours

KawadaSmile

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

So I saw someone making a good point elsewhere, is Brucie going to have to give up his podcast side hustle along with everyone else losing Twitch/Cameo money?

(of course he won't)

Conrad Thompson pretty much confirmed that in a tweet shortly before Smackdown; this doesn't affect Something to Wrestle in any whatsoever

5 hours ago, MoS said:

Duncan consistently stepped up in the big moments though

This Bayley-Banks culmination is the best thing they have done all year. Really hoping the feud is as good

If I'm being nitpicky, while the Bayley-Banks beatdown was excellent, man, this one went too long to my taste. I would've had Bayley destroy Sasha's knee and then go with the chair around the neck move and that would've been it. I don't know if they were trying to fill time or something but I truly think the segment would've been even better if it had been shortened.

So Thunder Rosa mentioned she turned down a WWE tryout in September (she was in the middle of training for her MMA debut at the time), but noted they weren't interested in her as a wrestler but a referee.

Adds another level of irony in her having a top notch match on Dynamite vs Serena Deeb (who got covid fired by WWE).

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

If I'm being nitpicky, while the Bayley-Banks beatdown was excellent, man, this one went too long to my taste. I would've had Bayley destroy Sasha's knee and then go with the chair around the neck move and that would've been it. I don't know if they were trying to fill time or something but I truly think the segment would've been even better if it had been shortened.

It definitely had elements of a segment being padded out to fill time, but by the end it was awesome enough to cancel those parts out IMO. 

Overall SD was a pretty solid show, having a clear #1 like Roman back was what they needed to regain their focus.  Him vs Jey is not only a match they haven't run a million times, it has the additional family intrigue angle that gives it a feel that has been largely missing in WWE main events.

Kudos to WWE for doing something fresh with Jey Uso.  It's totally out of left field but the story writes itself.  And there's an easy promo for him to cut about being seen as only a tag wrestler but so were guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy and Edge once upon a time.  All he needed was an opportunity to shine and all that

It's definitely got me interested, far more than I would be in seeing Roman against Wyatt or Braun yet again.  It's not like it matters what they put on a show like this anyway really, and Jey can take a great shitkicking.  I figure Roman is going to be a champ until at least Mania so no reason to burn through top challengers right away

9 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Duncan's obviously a top 5 player ever, but he wasn't flashy and played "boring", yet effective basketball.

When it comes to having the best fundamentals in the game, there might be some comparison...

Duncan man doesn't need brass knux to to quiet your slander.  He's got a ring on each finger for it.  Respect the big man!  

6 hours ago, rovert said:

Lana denied Meltzer's report on Twitter just a few moments ago.

Don't expect this to stand it has been said publicly and privately to me in various forms that top stars are plan to ignore it and one top star, in particular, has already threatened legal action.

I was watching Mike Rome's stream yesterday and basically, he said the only thing that changes is that they can't use WWE likeness to do so. Zelina Vega seemingly said the same thing about her stream too. So, at the end of the day, this might be passing as another one of Vince's "phases" or something.

On 9/5/2020 at 7:19 PM, rovert said:

Lana denied Meltzer's report on Twitter just a few moments ago.

Don't expect this to stand it has been said publicly and privately to me in various forms that top stars are plan to ignore it and one top star, in particular, has already threatened legal action.

As I said this wasn't going to stick