Pro Wrestling Only

AEW All Out 2020

MoS

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. He always comes off as a troll, including on here years back, where I remember him dying on the hill of some long forgotten WWE b-show he basically declared anyone not liking a loser, and then being banned shortly after. His books are always highly praised though. I read "Shooters" and liked it at the time, but that was before he went full asshole on here. His Shamrock bio was being praised as one of the best wrestler/fighter bios ever written by Meltzer 

On 9/8/2020 at 5:08 PM, FMKK said:

How is this Snowden dork a bluetick, employed journalist? Just seems like a completely bizarre crank.

Didn't he write that Shooters book? A couple of folks here vouched for it, calling it one of the best wrestling books ever, but I couldn't even finish it.

On 9/8/2020 at 10:08 PM, FMKK said:

How is this Snowden dork a bluetick, employed journalist? Just seems like a completely bizarre crank.

The only explanation I've ever heard that would make sense for his behaviour (which could be completely false) is that he suffers from PTSD. He did serve in the United States Army. Was stunned that Bix decided to associate with him again after he spent years threatening to assault if he ever saw him publicly. 

Snowden is a good writer, he also tends to get very stubborn in his opinions and doesn't handle it well if the majority of people disagree with him. I get the feeling he's only on social media because it's basically how writers get pub these days (see also: Meltzer, Dave) and his personality just isn't a good fit for it.

Also I wonder how it went over for a Bleacher Report staff writer to spread false information about the owner of AEW when they're all supposed to be part of the Turner family?

19 hours ago, C.S. said:

Didn't he write that Shooters book? A couple of folks here vouched for it, calling it one of the best wrestling books ever, but I couldn't even finish it.

I found it poorly written and edited with less depth & detail than you'd find in the WON on a given subject matter.  Very disappointing after seeing such praise for it.

20 hours ago, MoS said:

Snowden is an excellent historian with a long history of being an asshole (and stupid) on wrestling forums including this one. He also deleted his tweets and then flat-out lied about what he said, so whatever cred he had is gone. 

Yeah, that's about what I know about him too.  I've been around the block on the various boards and in the early-mid 2000s? he was kinda troll level.  Like I'd end up wandering into and reading stupid fights over bullshit and he'd be at the middle of it.  I don't know the guy, but yeah.  I have to guess, like most of us, he's matured a bit since those days

3 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

I found it poorly written and edited with less depth & detail than you'd find in the WON on a given subject matter.  Very disappointing after seeing such praise for it.

The fact that I couldn't finish it really says a lot, because I have a high tolerance - I got through the Mayor Kane book and I'm powering through one of Jesse Ventura's political books (it was briefly free on Kindle, so I grabbed it for the hell of it), even though I don't align with the politics of either. Jesse does have some good ideas and points, but then goes off the rails in other areas. 

12 minutes ago, cm funk said:

I have to guess, like most of us, he's matured a bit since those days

But has he? The tweets we're all talking about are days old.

With that said, I know nothing else about the guy other than this recent gaffe and his book, so I have no opinion of him personally.

Snowden's Twitter antics do match his behavior on a myriad of message boards dating back decades, and that's just ones I've personally witnessed. 

I suppose he has matured in the sense it took him longer to blow up in Twitter than it used to back then, so there's that.