Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - September 9, 2020

MoS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my best friends who actually posts here every now and then has been calling for the Lucha Bros to break up for months now, about how they are two completely different kind of stars with main event potential, and that segment made it feel as if the breakup might be imminent. 

2 minutes ago, joeg said:

Kip Sabian is unwatchable. They could not have come up with a worse way to debut Rusev than throwing him in with these jackoffs

I am excited Rusev/Miro is here, but yeah, Kip Sabian is the dorkiest dork on the roster and this was a bad way to debut him. When he came out, I was really hoping he would kill Sabian

5 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

So did Rusev really cut a TNA-style worked shoot promo?

Abysmal shit. I'm in disbelief that they didn't learn from LOLTNA's mistakes when it comes to this stuff.

It's especially disappointing because AEW has had the good sense not to fall into that trap for the most part.

5 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Abysmal shit. I'm in disbelief that they didn't learn from LOLTNA's mistakes when it comes to this stuff.

It's especially disappointing because AEW has had the good sense not to fall into that trap for the most part.

I guess we've all turned heel on AEW? Suddenly Miro cutting the same promo others have done is LOLTNA stuff? 

I mean, this isn't Zack Ryder saying he's upset his action figure efed didn't get him a WWE Main Event push,  this is the dude who was told entire arenas chanting form him was the crowd mocking him. If anyone's allowed to cut a "shove the brass ring up your ass"  Miro IHMO.

8 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I guess we've all turned heel on AEW? Suddenly Miro cutting the same promo others have done is LOLTNA stuff? 

I don't remember other ex-WWE wrestlers in AEW cutting a LOLTNA promo like that. Podcasts don't count. I'm talking about TV. (Edit: I missed the Zack Ryder debut promo, but it sounds equally as terrible - and he already has below zero buzz, so it's not like that worked well.)

As for Miro coming in as a best man for a wedding: While the whole cuck dynamic with Sabian, Ford, and Janela does nothing for me, Miro obviously came in this way by design to poke fun at his last notoriously bad WWE angle - which was a terrible wedding and cuck angle involving Lana and Lashley. Reminds me of Bret Hart coming as a referee in WCW because he was screwed by one in the WWF. It's not great.