Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/14 - 09/20 Nearly all of our biomes are burning

KawadaSmile

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Post 2015 Brock still has some bangers, tho. The Rey, Balor, and Daniel Bryan matches are wayyyy too good.

Brock's only banger post-WM31 was the AJ match in 2017. The Rey match was so awful that I turned off Survivor Series in disgust immediately afterward. That was the point where I decided I had no desire to ever see Brock again because the Suplex City crap had damaged him beyond repair.

I'm not ashamed to say that I liked the 4-way at SummerSlam 2017 and, though it was way too short to ever be considered rgreat, the Lesnar/Samoa Joe match from Great Balls of Fire was fun. 

I also thought that his run in the Royal Rumble this year was excellent until he got eliminated. Seeing him toss fools around was the Lesnar that I still generally find more captivating and exciting than about 95% of the rest of the roster.

Put her on RAW. Asuka needs fresh challengers and that seems to be the direction they're going with Zelina Vega challenging her for Clash. Besides, we know that Bayley and Sasha will be hogging the Smackdown  Women's title picture for a while again so that's the best option they can have for her.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Can't work a lick, as showed in the NWA. Which looks more and more like a non-existent entity as each day passes and its talent is being signed here and there.

Her knee has gone out several times in recent years working a light indie schedule. 

It is another vote against the NXT talent. Another time Bruce Prichard has shown more comfort working with talent he has previously worked with. 

Didn't the souring on her have something to do with backstage relationship BS with people who aren't there anymore (well, other than Morrison)?

Melina was pushed as a big deal 15 years ago, yea.  But given WWE's audience is basically the same people who were around 15 years ago she'll get a good nostalgia pop at least.  Oh, wait......nostalgia thunderdome

I haven't seen her in the ring in a million years but I don't remember her being good 15 years ago.  Much better as a manager and a character

This feels like WWE signing someone to keep them away from AEW, which is dumb because I'm not sure why they'd sign her

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

It's bad when the nostalgia signings nowadays don't even come from hot business periods anymore.

Why the convention/signing business was badly hitting the skids just before the indies got hot and the climb towards the establishment of AEW.

A lot of 80s stars aged out or died. What was left was like ex-Divas, Carlito, Masters, Kennedy types. Also, you can only get the same autograph so many times.

I haven't watched an actual episode of WWE TV outside of an NXT here or there in months.  Decided to check out SD based on the good reviews it's been getting in recent weeks and interest in the stuff with Reigns/Heyman/Uso and to a lesser extent some of the other stuff going on.  I'm halfway in and two things I wanted to note before I forget.....

- Graves referred to Cesaro and Sheamus as being the tag champs right after Cesaro and Nakamura entered and the match with Metalik started.  That really F'n annoyed me.  I mean, I get it, but come on man.....this isn't JR getting Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit confused repeatedly

- They cut to a commercial break when AJ was in control against Sami.  They come back, Sami is in control, and predictably don't show us what happened during the break and how Sami took control.  FUCK YOU WWE.  I hear Alvarez rant about this all the time, but not really watching their TV anymore......yeah this sucked. 

And that's where I am in the show

when I watched the rest I don't remember much other than being kinda bummed that the main event didn't play out the way I wanted to with Roman & Heyman following up on the promise to be in the ring.....and then the match starts backstage with Corbin and Sheamus beating the fuck out of Uso in the parking lot and them in the ring looking at it like, "yo what the fuck man?!" and kinda not showing urgency......letting him get beat up 2 on 1, then showing up like SUPERMAN REIGNS to save the day

when I saw that setup for the match I was like YO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS

THEY DIDN'T DO THAT AT FUCKING ALL

Also, now that I think about it, Big E was beating the crap out of Corbin and Sheamus.....then they held their own against Reigns and Uso mostly

yeah, WWE blows.  That protects the 2 dudes out of the 5 that don't need to be at all.  They're total geeks right now.  I like Sheamus' look but every time I see Corbin in the KOTR gimmick I'm reminded we haven't had another tourny for it in forever, and he ain't no Owen F'n Hart with the gimmick.  Shit, I enjoyed King Mabel and Sir Mo better than this crap, AND I ACTUALLY LIKE BARON CORBIN.  FUCK!

Big E didn't touch Corbin and only got a punch or two on Sheamus. He went in on that security guard, though.

As for the match, they made sure to have Corbin/Sheamus double team Roman a lot, so them having the upper hand made sense. Whenever it was one-on-one, Roman was handling them.

The bigger point was to show how territorial Roman has become and how Jey has crossed the line in Roman's mind. That death glare to Jey and nod to Heyman was some of the best foreshadowing WWE has done in a while.

Renee Young on her "meeting-in-the-hallway" style first meeting with former boss Vince McMahon:

"Little me is walking around backstage with a clean face, squeaky clean, and he comes walking down the hallway, and I'm like, 'Hi!' And I don't remember who it was with him, but they said Vince should not see you without makeup on. You should be fully done...He would not remember that, but I just remember that happening and I had not a clue that that was how it's supposed to work."

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/09/renee-young-recalls-weird-first-meeting-with-vince-mcmahon-674898/

This company, man...