AEW Dynamite - September16, 2020

MoS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, MoS said:

Tony Khan could not ultimately resist the lure of being on TV lol

I'm OK with it as long as it's a Jim Crockett/Jack Tunney role where he only appears occasionally to deliver major news. It's not a secret that he's the boss and you should have an authority figure that lays down the law when needed. Just because WWE abuses it doesn't mean it's not a role that has value.

6 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I'm OK with it as long as it's a Jim Crockett/Jack Tunney role where he only appears occasionally to deliver major news. It's not a secret that he's the boss and you should have an authority figure that lays down the law when needed. Just because WWE abuses it doesn't mean it's not a role that has value.

The only times he's ever been on screen is sitting at a table in the backstage looking like a dork. I'm fine with that.

Private Party are really bad at doing all the things between moves. Their moves look nice, but it’s rough getting there. Like, the both just seem to never know how to get into position for anything. 

In more positive news, Jake Hager’s pants are a little less disconcerting this week. 

25 minutes ago, MoS said:

Nice to see them go all in on Will Hobbs. I haven't seen much of him, is he good?

I've been thinking he has something for a couple of months now. He has a certain intensity and in-ring execution that really works. And boy oh boy is he getting the rocket strapped to him, with the battle royale performance and now teaming with the top guy in the company. Good for him, and good on AEW for really committing to making new stars.

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

That facepaint makes Santana & Ortiz look like Tama Tanga and Tanga Loa.

It was an homage to the 90's flick, Dead Presidents. But I can very much see what you are saying.

That may have been the best street fight/parking lot brawl/whatever you want to call it, that I have seen in wrestling. I was actually disappointed to see Orange Cassidy, because I thought it deserved a finish as a 2 on 2 fight.

Great episode.

If I remember correctly Ivelisse had just taken an uppercut and a snapmare before that spot, so perhaps that was just selling. It definitely looks bad in that Gif, but I never noticed it when I was watching the show.

I thought that match was quite good, and I feel like Ivelisse has been putting in some good work in AEW. I really don't understand the amount of hate she seems to get from nearly everyone.

Yeah I actually thought the match was really good and one of the better AEW women's matches we have seen altho that's not much of a compliment. There were times when the match felt it would spiral out of control but Ivelisse ultimately put in a good performance in a good match I thought. It helps that both Rosa and Ivelisse are very charismatic, particularly Rosa whose physical charisma is ridiculous, so maybe I missed things I would have ordinarily noticed. 

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Bubbas and bubbettes, you are keen AEW watchers. 

I saw a Thunder Rosa/Ivelisse gif, and Ive looked like she could not give less of a fuck. Was she like that throughout the whole match?

That was the gif in question:

Also, check out the strike exchange at the start and how many times they walked away from each other and Ivelisse's body language in general. And keep in mind the match was edited and taped last week. I hope people report the events around the ring and after the match. Ivelisse is intent on ruining every opportunity she is given sadly.

A very strong edition of Dynamite that never dragged. Having relatively restrained/traditional matches all-night set the table for and helped emphasise the brutality of the main event. A relatively mature decision by a company who can overdo violence and high spots.