Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/21 - 09/27 Liverpool and Bayern are just gonna dominate European football, aren't they?

KawadaSmile

I agree. I would have gone with KUSHIDA myself, and I hope he has a program with KOR down the line. Their chemistry is very, very good.

Actually I don't think I've ever felt this engaged by NXT's main event scene in a long time. Reed, Kushida, KOR, Grimes, Balor and Thatcher is a great title scene. Unfortunately, my pessimistic side is telling me that whoever holds the belt will be just keeping it warm for Kross.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

...did Tegan Nox injure her knee AGAIN?

It is true I knew for a while and was under strict instructions not to say anything - it is WWE/Tegan's news to share. Believed to be out for 9-12 months which is sad in itself BUT no one I've talked to is talking "she needs to retire" and with COVID around this is the time to be injured and get "fixed".

The last time I saw Tegan Nox live was as an unannounced entrant in a scramble for Fight Club Pro, just before she flew to America. I remember hoping she'd look after herself and not risk an injury (which of course meant she did a Molly-Go-Round to the floor onto a group of people). The fact she's now had 3 ACL injuries since arriving at the PC is devastating, it feels like an injury that must be as harmful mentally as physically at this point.

On a cheerier note, I thoroughly enjoyed Danny Burch translating Fandango-to-English for Regal, and using cockney rhyming slang to call their opponents a wanker and a c**t.

2 hours ago, Strummer said:

Alexa Bliss did an interview saying she pitched working with Bray Wyatt all the way back in 2016. The current deal is a variation of the storyline she pitched back then

Yeah, I read that interview too this afternoon. Nice to see that even after 4 years of pitching that storyline to work together, Alexa & Bray have the chance to do it.

It is true I knew for a while and was under strict instructions not to say anything - it is WWE/Tegan's news to share. Believed to be out for 9-12 months which is sad in itself BUT no one I've talked to is talking "she needs to retire" and with COVID around this is the time to be injured and get "fixed".

I don't know if there's anyone on the current WWE/NXT roster that has had worst luck than Tegan Nox since she's signed with WWE. While I agree that right now is "a good time" to be injured, I'm still concerned that they'll never give her a proper run once she's cleared to return.

57 minutes ago, sek69 said:

So apparently the whole "Fandango pitches a weird tournament format to Regal" deal on NXT came from someone (or some number of folks) being part of the covid outbreak and having to redo what was probably going to be a more normal tournament. 

Tyler Breeze and Bobby Fish were notable by their absence. 

Just now, rovert said:

Tyler Breeze and Bobby Fish were notable by their absence. 

Meltzer said pretty much this on the audio the other day; noting if you were looking for names, check who was absent from the Undisputed Era congratulating Kyle O'Reilly at the end of the show.

He also mentioned some main roster folks were affected as well, and that it all started from one of the coaches being lax with the safety procedures which is another ringing endorsement of the system they got running there. 

Taz was right after all, the seem to actually run a sloppy shop.

11 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Nobody should sign with WWE unless they're a big enough star to bypass NXT. If you have any preexisting damage to your knees or shoulders, the PC will aggravate it exponentially. If you don't, the PC will inflict some.

People are talking about Ben Carter seeing WWE as his main ambition but to me, these guys should realise that they'd get a better push in WWE if they do AEW for a few years and then jump rather than rotting in the PC doing weightlifting drills.

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

People are talking about Ben Carter seeing WWE as his main ambition but to me, these guys should realise that they'd get a better push in WWE if they do AEW for a few years and then jump rather than rotting in the PC doing weightlifting drills.

He might be angling for a NXT UK gig. Which would allow him to wrestle for a major company and still sleep in his own bed.

We don't know his family situation either or if he needs to finish off his education. AJ Styles famously turned down WWE in the early 00s as it would have meant his now wife dropping out of college for example.

PWinsider is reporting that Mercedes Martinez will be known as Retaliation and Mia Yim will be known as Reckoning. Did Rob Liefeld join WWE's creative team and no one told me?

Also:

"My brother SLAPJACK." My fucking sides. You know what, I respect his commitment to playing this lameass gimmick completely straight without trying to be self-aware and winking at the audience.

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Roman was right. He was always right. Can't trust bums who like to go out and are anti-mask.

His new tees basically tell us everything - arrive to job, beat fools and leave. Don't talk to anyone else, don't shake hands, nothing. Better for his own health.

Roman is a dork. Out here doing the usual WWE interview where it's all the fans fault that their TV is awful.

https://twitter.com/mitchellpwtorch/status/1309498712465584128?s=20

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Roman's comment is unintentionally revealing. Good steak should be eaten rare (medium rare at most). If you leave it on the grill, you're cooking all the flavor out of it.

I'm a fucking vegetarian and confident I could cook a better steak than this dude. He's like my grandad leaving it on the pan until the smoke alarm goes off.