Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Clash of Champions 2020 SHIRTLESS ROMAN TIME

KawadaSmile

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be conflicting reports about Nikki Cross being pulled off tonight's show due to precautionary measures (NXT COVID-19 outbreak; her being married to Kilian Dain, might've been exposed) but haven't seen anything confirmed yet. Judging by WWE's Twitter account, that one seems to be still on.

I had that match on and didn't watch a single second of it. "Good rasslin'" means nothing to me in a vacuum when I'm given no reason to care, no one is over or means anything, and the result is a foregone conclusion anyway.

Granted, the result is also a foregone conclusion with the Reigns-Jey Uso match, but the difference is, I've been given plenty of reasons to care - and I do.

Nakamura is past his prime, but imagine wasting and marginalizing Cesaro for as long as WWE has

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

It is that Nakamura is past his prime or that he is really only a great depending on his level of competition?

He's had exactly one good match in WWE, and that was his NXT debut against Sami Zayn.

He's been disappointing ever since.

So, either Zayn is the best wrestler in the company - even better than AJ Styles (and I'd agree to that, but AJ is no slouch) - or Nak has been on cruise control the whole time.

Nakamura's match against Gran Metallik was very damn good. It's not that he's past his prime - he is 100% cruising it more than Orton.

And guys, I dunno, I love Cesaro but should he be a main eventer? Dude is just an insanely talented tag wrestler who works well with pretty much every single being on this planet. It's sad, they had huge momentum with him when he slammed the Big Show over the top rope, but that's it for him as a singles.

I wouldn't say Nakamura is past his prime. He's just happy to collect a big paycheck and go surfing whenever he wants. He's always been lazy in that way. I expect him to return to NJPW as a big time attraction with limited dates at some point. 

This ladder match has been fun. Most of the Covid-era ladder matches has been lackluster due to the lack of crowd, but these guys are making this work. Sami Zayn is a god damn treasure.