Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Clash of Champions 2020 SHIRTLESS ROMAN TIME

KawadaSmile

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I love Cesaro but should he be a main eventer? Dude is just an insanely talented tag wrestler who works well with pretty much every single being on this planet. It's sad, they had huge momentum with him when he slammed the Big Show over the top rope, but that's it for him as a singles.

The thing is, when someone comes around that's extremely talented, that doesn't necessarily mean they should be at the top of the card - especially in WWE. That's never been what it's about in WWE. There's a reason Hulk was on top during his era & although they were ridiculously talented, they didn't put Mr. Perfect & Rick Rude up there. Could they have? Yes, absolutely. Ted DiBiase too & probably also Jake the Snake. Honestly, looking back, it's kind of remarkable to me that Macho Man Randy Savage got a run at the top in WWF. I mean, there's a difference between being in the main event & being WWE champion, too, but there's a lot of talent that doesn't get put up there, for whatever reason. In all eras, really.

52 minutes ago, Coffey said:

The thing is, when someone comes around that's extremely talented, that doesn't necessarily mean they should be at the top of the card - especially in WWE. That's never been what it's about in WWE. There's a reason Hulk was on top during his era & although they were ridiculously talented, they didn't put Mr. Perfect & Rick Rude up there. Could they have? Yes, absolutely. Ted DiBiase too & probably also Jake the Snake. Honestly, looking back, it's kind of remarkable to me that Macho Man Randy Savage got a run at the top in WWF. I mean, there's a difference between being in the main event & being WWE champion, too, but there's a lot of talent that doesn't get put up there, for whatever reason. In all eras, really.

All the guys you mentioned would have been multi-time world champions in modern WWE. Is Cesaro really less suited for a main event run than Jinder Mahal?

I'm having a bleh day and just want to do nothing, so figured I would throw this show on in the background and see if anything jumps out at me. I don't totally know what the card is now that I heard the women's stuff has been changed or removed, but Reigns/Jey could be good. I'll still write some stuff. 

https://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2020/09/wwe-clash-of-champions-disinterested.html