Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/28 - 10/04 Roman Reigns is the Tribal Chief of the World Wrestling Federation

KawadaSmile

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

Not to mention if you want to avoid the creepy connotation of Murphy macking on a 19 year old, the last fucking person you want to put in this story is Jerry Lawler.

Unless putting Lawler in there is a rib on him, which is something this company might think is funny. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

What the fuck is Alexa doing on twitter

She's defending Murphy flirting with Aaliyah by sayin "Oh I'm 29, my boyfriend is 38"

This federation is full of morons.

I hope that at least, those showing outrage at Alexa's tweet are equally if not more outraged by the notion that Velveteen Dream is still getting air time on NXT and being employed by WWE.

If not, then they should shut the fuck up.

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

No Raw Underground tonight. Has it been cancelled already?

They always resort to cutaways like that when Ric is around because he presumably can't take bumps anymore.

I'm sure he'd gladly do it but WWE doesn't want anyone over a certain age taking bumps after Lawler almost died on live TV.

2 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I hope that at least, those showing outrage at Alexa's tweet are equally if not more outraged by the notion that Velveteen Dream is still getting air time on NXT and being employed by WWE.

If not, then they should shut the fuck up.

True. Like, while Aaliyah is of legal age, the comparison she made was just bad. 

And like, even so, having the whole "exchanging messages with a teenager" angle when at least two of your wrestlers were in hot water precisely because of that seems very... spiteful.

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

No Raw Underground tonight. Has it been cancelled already?

COVID hit hard, man. No masks on an enclosed space? That's no good.

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

True. Like, while Aaliyah is of legal age, the comparison she made was just bad. 

And like, even so, having the whole "exchanging messages with a teenager" angle when at least two of your wrestlers were in hot water precisely because of that seems very... spiteful.

COVID hit hard, man. No masks on an enclosed space? That's no good.

I mean, I could've perceived the segment wrong but I was under the assumption that in the storyline, it was Aaliyah who messaged Murphy and not the other way around. So, I hardly see this as grooming as some people are ranting about on Twitter. Is that uncommon from girls Aaliyah's age to be attracted to older guys or am I completely overthinking this?

16 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Is that uncommon from girls Aaliyah's age to be attracted to older guys or am I completely overthinking this?

It happens, but when combined with WWE's real life issues, it's a bad idea and look all around.

Part of the problem is that they keep people in NXT forever, so guys like Murphy are seen as "young."

This angle would not be nearly as problematic in AEW, where they have actual young guys. Marko Stunt texting Aliyah? Fine, because there's only a small age gap there. 

Oh man I just saw some of the deleted tweets Alexa made about Aaliyah/Murphy. They were all bad but the one where she says she didn't blame Murphy for "going after" Aaliyah had to be the worst. Have no idea what she was thinking tweeting that shit. Then she tried to shift the blame to all the "negative" fans criticizing the angle. Alexa seems down to Earth and level headed but this was quite the blunder.

Honestly I think at first she was just trying to help with the storyline since it's public knowledge she used to date Murphy and they seem to still be friends. Then she saw the reaction was less "boo this heel" and more "holy shit is WWE really pushing a storyline with a 19 year old and a 32 year old" and had to backtrack quickly. 

Plus it seems like "blame the fans" is a terminal condition for anyone who works for WWE. 

I don't see the big issue with the storyline on the age thing, both are adults. It's not illegal for then to date or have sex don't see what the issue is?

From the UK and the age of consent is 16, but yes I would find it creepy and wrong for a 32 year old to date or sleep with a 16 year old. 

But I think if you can vote, join the army and drink, its hard to say to an 18 year old, your an adult but it's still wrong for you to date that person because of there age. 

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

Reports at the time made it sound like it was 100% going to be a relationship angle, and all known info on Vince would suggest people's reaction to this is going to make him want to push it even more in that direction.

Their names are mud online BUT Vince Russo and Billi Bhatti strongly believe Vince sees 1999 Stepanie McMahon in Aliyah. Initially dressing her up as preppy school girl initial so they can sexualise her later. Russo did write 1999 WWE TV obviously