Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/28 - 10/04 Roman Reigns is the Tribal Chief of the World Wrestling Federation

KawadaSmile

You have to be 21 to drink here, but point taken

I personally don't have any issues with it.  I also seriously doubt any 19 yr old young women have a problem with someone their age being involved with a hot guy who's in his early 30's.  Not that there are many of them watching WWE programming, but whether it's the real world or Hollywood that kind of age difference isn't wild.  If it's Ric Flair and Aliyah flirting, yea, that's a major problem....

I do agree that it's probably not the best look for WWE right now, but I personally didn't make the connection to this storyline and the speaking out stuff.  I get it, but personally my mind doesn't go there immediately.  Then again, I'm not actively looking to be outraged, and I'm not even watching their TV other than clips on youtube

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It doesn't help that WWE still has guys on their roster who have been accused of grooming/flirting with underage girls. Aalyah is 19, but it still feels iffy considering the optics. Imagine if Austin Theory was still on RAW as a Rollins discipline. He's 23, so he'd be more age appropriate for the angle. But with what's been said about him, no one would be comfortable with it.

Social media is exhausting sometimes. I even mentioned on twitter that Aaliyah isn't old to buy herself drinks, thus it was not quite the same as Alexa (29) dating a 38 year old.  The age gap is iffy, but still legal. People then proceeded to reply as if I said she wasn't an adult, making comparisons to Kelly Kelly doing an exposé gimmick when she was 19, or even name calling. It's weird.

On the other hand there are people acting like this is a straight up crime, which it just isn't.

But then again, WWE did have an angle featuring necrophilia, so this recent angle, while a bit questionable, is just a minor (heh) nuisance than anything.

7 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Dorks like MSW who make mountains out of molehills and pull quotes out of context to try to rile people up are the absolute worst. Case in point, Meltzer literally says "she was a real college hurdler" right before the excerpted clip. Please keep that trash off this board.

Fair enough, bubba.

9 hours ago, ragemaster said:

I don't see the big issue with the storyline on the age thing, both are adults. It's not illegal for then to date or have sex don't see what the issue is?

From the UK and the age of consent is 16, but yes I would find it creepy and wrong for a 32 year old to date or sleep with a 16 year old. 

But I think if you can vote, join the army and drink, its hard to say to an 18 year old, your an adult but it's still wrong for you to date that person because of there age. 

A huge difference in ages, especially when the man is older, is a red flag for grooming behavior.  

Also the whole deal with the company just recently having an issue with at least two known cases of talent reaching out to teenagers online and do this kind of angle right now is extra gross because it comes off as the company endorsing those folks' behavior. 

Grooming Behavior is to do when a child is involved, she's an adult. If they add in an element of him babysitting her when she was 12, I will agree with you.

I don't at the moment see it comparable to any of the cases in the speaking out movement. People are just putting that spin onto it, because of the age difference. 

The cases of the talent reaching out was to underage children, should obviously be/been investigated by the police. But that is a different topic than this angle.  

25 minutes ago, GSR said:

I've amended the post and deleted the tweet.

Agree with the other comments about that account being sad and pathetic.  I didn't even listen to whatever it was they posted, but no surprise that it was out of context, framed and edited like most of the shit they post.

Thanks, bubba.

Also, I have to apologize to you all for the clip. My bad, bubbas.

To be fair, they're probably too dumb to realize what that really is.

Wrestlers, by and large, are not intelligent people. 

We'd like to think they are, but when dumb dodos like Kane are lauded as among the smartest people in the company, that says it all.

Any large group who uses "brother" and "daddy" in sentences unironically cannot possibly be intellectual.

9 hours ago, C.S. said:

To be fair, they're probably too dumb to realize what that really is.

Wrestlers, by and large, are not intelligent people. 

We'd like to think they are, but when dumb dodos like Kane are lauded as among the smartest people in the company, that says it all.

Any large group who uses "brother" and "daddy" in sentences unironically cannot possibly be intellectual.

Drake is really annoying and weird. Just signing a shirt or whatever can be the path of least resistance to get him out of your hair. 

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Interesting how so many guys buried by politics in 21st century WWE (Matt Morgan, Alex Riley, Tyler Reks) turn out to be chuds. Maybe John Cena was the woke hero we deserve all along.

Prior to that Ken Kennedy wanted to defend the WWE/the industry during the Benoit scandal as he was a "big Fox News guy". His appearance would quickly backfire on him and WWE.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Interesting how so many guys buried by politics in 21st century WWE (Matt Morgan, Alex Riley, Tyler Reks) turn out to be chuds. Maybe John Cena was the woke hero we deserve all along.

Dude was on Jimmy Falon last night putting BTS over. He gets THE BUSINESS like no one else.