Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/05 - 10/11 Jimmy Buckets had the best single performance in NBA Finals history

KawadaSmile

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Badlittlekitten said:

Haha nah, she sucks.

WHERE'S BIANCA BELAIR.

Mandy is good dude, come on. There's just so much you can do against Jurassic Nattie and Lana Perry tho

2 hours ago, MoS said:

You'll take Butler's performance over Jodan's flu/food poisoning game?

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

You youngsters obviously never heard about Magic scoring 42 while playing all five positions.

1 hour ago, WingedEagle said:

It probably was the single best Finals game since Lebron dropped 51 and still lost game 1 in 2018.

Look, Butler's starting five had Myers Leonard, Duncan Robinson, Jae Crowder and Tyler Herro. He put on 40 point triple double and won. Shit's herculean no matter how you look at it.

It is absolutely in the conversation with all those performances you mentioned (plus others like Zeke ankle game etc)

And btw they are finally doing something with Ali. Where will this take him is something we shall see, but it's a grateful surprise

Ali!! So glad to see them finally do something with this guy. It's far from ideal but you could tell just from his look when he said "get 'em!" that he has the 'it' to pull this stuff off. He's so beyond those dorks Ricochet and Apollo. Would enjoy a feud with him vs Kofi to play up to their recent history. Fingers crossed they don't give him a wacky name.

15 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Mandy is good dude, come on. There's just so much you can do against Jurassic Nattie and Lana Perry tho

Nattie might be painfully boring but she can go, there's a reason she's always working with the greener women. I liked Mandy/Otis/Sonya as much as anyone and she hits a good knee, but she's awkward as hell. I don't think it's a coincidence they always drop her push.

As someone who doesn't watch the weekly programming, I get most of my news and "follow" the major storylines by reading threads here, Reddit, and, most importantly, watching the monthly PPVs. I feel like no one has talked about Otis in months.

When was the last time Otis was even on one of their major shows? Was it Money in the Bank? I don't think he was on Backlash or Extreme Rules. 

Was he involved in the Mandy/Sonya match at SummerSlam? I forget. If he was there, it wasn't in a big enough spot for me to mention him in my match reviews.

I don't think he appeared at Payback or Clash of Champions either (based on my match reviews).

I get it - the roster is loaded, Otis is featured on SmackDown weekly (I wouldn't know but I presume he is), he might've even wrestled on a Network Special pre-show in that time, but we're talking about a guy that they seemingly are giving a push to not appearing on one of their PPVs/Network Specials since May. 

We've talked for ages about 50/50 booking making everyone seem like just a guy, but another cause of nobody being a star is that even when someone seems to have momentum, they often disappear from the spotlight for lengthy, lengthy stretches and when we see them again, they're not fresh, they're just less over because if they're not worth being featured when they're on a "hot streak" (like winning the briefcase), why would I care about them after 6 months of putzing around in the midcard of one of their inessential, mostly-filler TV shows?

13 minutes ago, rovert said:

Correct.

I always thought the amount of praise she got for a bog basic angle that didn't move any metric was insane.

It was cute, and for once the babyface "won" and got the girl rather than get humiliated by the heel. 

44 minutes ago, rovert said:

I always thought the amount of praise she got for a bog basic angle that didn't move any metric was insane.

It was light, sweet, and fun. Exactly what the doctor ordered in the neverending nightmare that is 2020.