Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/05 - 10/11 Jimmy Buckets had the best single performance in NBA Finals history

KawadaSmile

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this will read like a "complaint for complaining's sake" post but its a shame that Sasha and Bayley will have to work their Hell in a Cell match on the same show with 2 other Hell in a Cell matches. Just makes it less special to me.

Also, I haven't watched RAW in awhile but why is this Drew/Orton feud even continuing? That Ambulance Match really did feel like the end of the feud as Orton not only got beat, but also got his comeuppance from all the legends. A Hell in a Cell Match with Drew feels like a hat on a hat. I'd have much preferred Drew not even wrestling on the show, but maybe being involved in some big angle/segment with his next challenger - whether that's AJ or (I"m puking in my own mouth) Bray Wyatt.

Lars Sullivan and Austin Theory are dreadful and have zero upside, so why keep them?

Velveteen Dream and Matt Diddle obviously had dollar signs printed all over them at one point, but they ruined that and probably won't ever recover. WWE is living in a delusional bubble by thinking otherwise.

Listening to the Corny podcasts, his gushing over Theory is surreal. Not even just because I don't see whatever it is that he sees, but like, has Brian Last not even told him about the shit surrounding Theory or does Cornette just not care?

Did anything else ever come out about it other than the word of that 13-year-old girl? I don't remember hearing anything else & it kind of just went away.

14 hours ago, DMJ said:

I know this will read like a "complaint for complaining's sake" post but its a shame that Sasha and Bayley will have to work their Hell in a Cell match on the same show with 2 other Hell in a Cell matches. Just makes it less special to me.

That, and it's the first match of a feud that's had years of buildup behind it.

I know that a match being in the Cell, without the proper build, simply because it's a program that happens to be taking place at the time of the show has been a problem since they introduced the HIAC PPV.  But this is even worse because it's a feud with proper backstory that would actually deserve being in a Cell as the final blowoff.........and it's the first match after Bayley turned.....surely to be the first of many

Somewhere along the way, WWE forgot how to do basic pro-wrestling 101.

Build a feud to a blowoff match.

Now they START with the blowoff match & kill every gimmick match they have in the process.

Used to be a cage was the end all, be all. Then Hell in a Cell. Now we have Elimination Chambers. It's never enough.

2 minutes ago, Strummer said:

WWE has re-signed Eva Marie and she will be at the tv tapings tonight.

Great signing. Half the women in the division could learn a thing or two about showmanship from her. "Good rasslin'" alone means nothing, and that's why their careers are on the skids and we're all talking about Eva. 

WWE must truly be running on empty if they're turning to the Total Divas era for nostalgia. I mean, even if you can overlook the fact that Eva Marie is absolute death once the bell rings because she's hot she "plays her character well," Alexa Bliss and Carmella already have that niche covered. And really, presuming that anyone in WWE's career is on the skids due to their own failings and not Vince's brain worms is laughable. I don't know what reliable advice you could give to a woman in the company who wants to get ahead beyond "dye your hair blonde and get implants." And even then, there are outliers. Like Asuka, who was too talented and charismatic to be denied despite creative's best efforts. And Nia Jax, who is terrible at literally everything except being related to someone who was a star in the Attitude Era.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Eva Marie rocks, and I'm not joking. We complain about how no one is a character anymore, and she was VERY good at getting her character across.

I remember when she was in one of those women's tag matches at Wrestlemania - I believe it was 32? And not only it was really good, but she excelled at it.

Pretty sure it was 32. Also billed as "Brie Bella's Retirement Match" unofficially.

As for Eva Marie, if we've been able to deal with Lana for over 5 years now, I think we can survive Eva Marie again. Anyway, Asuka will probably knock her out cold during a match if she ever gets a match against her.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Eva Marie rocks, and I'm not joking. We complain about how no one is a character anymore, and she was VERY good at getting her character across..

She got heat, which is more than a lot of the current roster can say. It was funny because at first everyone was saying it was X-Pac Heat, or Go Away Heat or You Can't Wrestle Heat but I'm a firm believer that heat is heat. X-Pac himself was a great heel because everyone wanted to see that slimey bastard get his ass kicked. Or course, X-Pac was a helluva worker. Eva Marie more works her gimmick & character than can work in the ring but at this point in time, I'll take it. WWE had plenty of faceless people that can work & not a lot of people that make the fans give a fuck.

11 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

WWE must truly be running on empty if they're turning to the Total Divas era for nostalgia. I mean, even if you can overlook the fact that Eva Marie is absolute death once the bell rings because she's hot she "plays her character well," Alexa Bliss and Carmella already have that niche covered. And really, presuming that anyone in WWE's career is on the skids due to their own failings and not Vince's brain worms is laughable. I don't know what reliable advice you could give to a woman in the company who wants to get ahead beyond "dye your hair blonde and get implants." And even then, there are outliers. Like Asuka, who was too talented and charismatic to be denied despite creative's best efforts. And Nia Jax, who is terrible at literally everything except being related to someone who was a star in the Attitude Era.

Thank You.

Maybe next we can wax nostalgic for Jackie Gayda or Jillian Hall

17 minutes ago, Coffey said:

She got heat, which is more than a lot of the current roster can say. It was funny because at first everyone was saying it was X-Pac Heat, or Go Away Heat or You Can't Wrestle Heat but I'm a firm believer that heat is heat. X-Pac himself was a great heel because everyone wanted to see that slimey bastard get his ass kicked. Or course, X-Pac was a helluva worker. Eva Marie more works her gimmick & character than can work in the ring but at this point in time, I'll take it. WWE had plenty of faceless people that can work & not a lot of people that make the fans give a fuck.

The one thing we can't fault Eva Marie though is that she did her best to improve in the ring. She asked herself to go down to NXT and to work with Brian Kendrick in private so that tells me that she's willing to put in the work and be an asset to the company. She can't control what WWE has in mind for her but this is something that I will commend her for.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Eva Marie rocks, and I'm not joking. We complain about how no one is a character anymore, and she was VERY good at getting her character across.

I remember when she was in one of those women's tag matches at Wrestlemania - I believe it was 32? And not only it was really good, but she excelled at it.

Agreed 100%.

Eva means more than half of the women's division, and that's not even an exaggeration.

Her time on Total Divas gave her exposure outside of the usual WWE bubble fans, and her character work gets an instant reaction, unlike half of the women (and men) floundering around with no personality, star power, or charisma. Knowing how to apply a waistlock means nothing by itself - NOTHING - and never, ever will. 

If I ran WWE, I would instantly fire anyone who is a "good rassler" but has no character, charisma, personality, or charm, because those types will never, ever generate interest and attention. They are beyond useless.

I wouldn't even want them training my future talent, because why would you want them exposed to some lower card, lacking charisma, bore who never main evented outside of Main Event and therefore has no wisdom to impart about how to become a star and make money?

Maybe they can join the ring crew or become a ref. Not even a commentator, because you need personality and charisma for that.

39 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Has there ever been a more hilarious unintentionally ironic name for anything ever than a show that has never showcased a single match that would be considered a "main event", unless we're talking a D show from the 80s or something 

When they first introduced it in 2012, there was an intent there. The first episode had WWE Champ CM Punk vs World Champ Sheamus and the second episode had Big Show vs Randy Orton, but yeah it fell off real fast.