Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/05 - 10/11 Jimmy Buckets had the best single performance in NBA Finals history

KawadaSmile

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Fire all the good wrestlers and keep all the failed reality stars. Sounds like a business model and a half.

We both know that's not what I said.

Fire all the people who are "good rasslers" but can't do anything else - such as generate interest,Ā captivate an audience, makeĀ meĀ care.

I will never, ever care about useless "workrate" robots who bring nothing else to the table. I'll take a million Evas over people like that, because I actually give a fuck about Eva and want to see her.Ā 

Even Seth Rollins is good at character work.

1 minute ago, FMKK said:

Who are the characterless workrateĀ robots in current WWE?

How frequently does anyone get the opportunity to portray any natural charisma on WWE television?

When have Eva Marie ever exhibited a single shred of said charisma?

ļ»æ Ā 

1. Take your pick from NXT, for one. On the main roster, you have your Riddick Moss types.

2. Not a false statement. There are many things wrong with WWE, and this is one of them.

3. When has she not?Ā 

I don't care one way or the other about Eva Marie getting resigned. Good for her I guess. But I can't believe there are people actually trying to force a narrative that she ever offered anything beyond her look. She was about as wooden as pretty much anyone I've ever seen and I think it was that complete lack of personality which actually earned her the backlash she got as much as any failures at the mechanical side of wrestling.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Eva Marie's NXT match with Bayley in 2015 where the live crowd were losing their minds because they thought Eva Marie was going to win the NXT Women's Title is good shit.

More precisely it was the height of the "NXT will save wrestling from Sports Entertainment" timeframe, and the crowd was afraid Vince's model beauty queen who can't wrestle was going to go to the "real" rasslin show and be put over the hero of NXT.Ā 

Eva played her part well, but the real heat was Bayley turning back the tide of the evil mothership like Eric Embry saving the USWA.Ā 

The type of heat she got can definitely be harnessed into something worthwhile, but it has absolutely nothing to do with her charisma, of which she has none that I've ever seen, or her 'showmanship', which seems to just involve coming out in a robe and awkwardly blowing kisses. And I think we have to be wary about drawing a correlation between heat in the building and actually adding tangibly to the product. Heat is good, don't get me wrong, but if you're actively turning people off from watching or eroding any faith viewers might have in the decision-making abilities of those in charge (which WWE can't stand to take any further hits on), then is it worth it?

Is Eva Marie being considered someone good at character work simply cuz she sucks at wrestling and does a pose when she makes her entrance? She is like if Alexa Bliss had no personality or charisma. Hot women with no personality have always been dime a dozen in WWE, I doubt that it's one of the missing pieces of their puzzle right now.

I don't know if I agree with saying she doesn't have charisma but it's pointless to argue about it.Ā Reminds me of when people used to say that about Shawn Michaels. Cutting promos into a microphone is not the only way to be charismatic. To me, Eva Marie very obviously have a physical charisma that you can't teach.

Like, defending Eva Marie is not a hill I'm willing to die on, it's not that big of a deal ultimately. It'll just be another face most likely lost in the crowd, like 85% of the roster currently. And I'm sure her TV time would be better served going to someone like Naomi but still. I would take Eva Marie & her not being able to work over Nattie being a veteran ring general seven days out of the week. Or Ember Moon. Or Billie Kay, Carmella, Candice LeRae, Nia Jax, Dakota Kai, Lacey Evans, Ninja Warrior Girl & her stupid battle royal spots, Kay Lee Ray, Lana or a bunch of other people that get TV time on either the main roster or NXT.

Ā 

It's not just the women though. I'll take, in example, Eva Marie over any & all of the sexual allegation motherfuckers. I would be OK not seeing Austin Theory, Velveteen Dreams, that big goof Lars, Matt Riddle & whomever else.

14 hours ago, C.S. said:

1. Take your pick from NXT, for one. On the main roster, you have your Riddick Moss types.

See, I actually think WWE has the opposite problem. It's been a long time since they've had consistently good matches on TV imo and have really moved away from 'workrate' guys, as has the hardcore fanbase to an extent.Ā 

My problem is that the company seems to have a lot of people who are basically overdramatic theatre geeks 'projecting' characters rather than just being charismatic - e.g. Bray Wyatt, Alexa Bliss, Killer Kross, Johnny Gargano, Tomaso Ciampa, Seth Rollins, Retribution and so on

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

That well-known workrate machine Riddick Moss.

LOL, that's on me for not being clear...

I meant him as an example of a bland robot with no character or charisma. I obviously don't think he's an amazing "workrate" machine, lol.