Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/12 - 10/18 JaVale McGee has three more rings than Karl Malone. Life is good!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I don't want to wade into the NBA discussion, but "LeBron wouldn't be one of the best in any other era" is a laughable argument that deserves to be called out and ridiculed.  And I'm old enough to have watched Magic, Bird, Jordan and everyone else over the last 35 years.  Jordan and LeBron are neck and neck.  I grew up on Jordan and LeBron is a couple years younger than me.  I'm a Knicks fan and Jordan killed my team, I saw his greatness on a painfully first hand basis as a teenager.  I can take the emotion out of it and rate them objectively

Also, LeBron's only out here putting gigantic numbers because he may have the best physical conditioning in all of NBA history. I mean, dude's 6ft9, 250lbs. No one in the 80s was near that kind of physique.

But of course, the catch of comparing athletes from considerably different ages is that maybe if LeBron lived through the 80s, he wouldn't have that type of body. And maybe if, say, Kevin McHale or Larry Bird lived in the 00s, they would be built different.

16 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Also, LeBron's only out here putting gigantic numbers because he may have the best physical conditioning in all of NBA history. I mean, dude's 6ft9, 250lbs. No one in the 80s was near that kind of physique.

This is a circular argument though. MJ was blessed with a naturally unreal hang time. 

So, with most of the talent having returned from their pandemic breaks, is there a reason Drew-Orton is still continuing? I am legit curious. The better not have Orton win the Hell in a Cell match after losing the last couple of matches. That would be the inverse of good, logical, face chases the heel booking. 

Lars Sullivan being brought back has to be a rib. I won't be surprised if it is Vince doing his usual self-victimisation bullshit where everything is an unfair attack on his promotion, and he has to fight back to show the haters who the boss is.

6 minutes ago, cm funk said:

Just saw that Chad Gable is staying on SD after not being drafted on Friday.  The best hope for him is Daniel Bryan wanting to work with him, but that didn't end up doing anything for Gulak so who knows

He could go back to NXT & work with guys like Finn Balor, Tommaso Ciampa, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reily, Kushida, Roderick Strong, Timothy Thatcher & Johnny Gargano, I guess? Seems like he would fit in with that group of dudes.

Lana vs. a returning Eva Marie would be an amazing feud for the Raw Women's Title. :)

Actually, I'd have Eva debut on Smackdown and beat an exhausted Bayley or Sasha for the title after Hell in a Cell.

Lana dominates Raw, Eva dominates SD, and the two meet in a titanic title vs. title confrontation at WrestleMania.

Special guest commentator: Mauro Ranallo, of course.

Who needs Ronda Rousey or Becky Lynch? B)

14 hours ago, sek69 said:

Also, in wrestling related talk, why would either brand want to draft Retribution? It makes zero sense in a kayfabe sense for either show to want to have the group bent on destroying the company.

In the first WWE Draft in 2002, the NWO was drafted to Raw. To be fair, by that point they were just another stable and not the 'inject WWE with a lethal dose of poison' group anymore, but still. 

17 hours ago, sek69 said:

Also, in wrestling related talk, why would either brand want to draft Retribution? It makes zero sense in a kayfabe sense for either show to want to have the group bent on destroying the company.

It gets better. Per PWInsider, Retaliation Mercedes Martinez has been removed from the group and sent back to NXT. Retribution is such a mortal threat to WWE that the company can demote its members at will.

17 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

With Charlotte and Andrade on RAW they could pair them up and create something fresh. Like, Flair managing Andrade would be good because it would avoid pushing her again as a wrestler, would use her in a different role, AND would elevate him.

I don't know, man. As stale as Charlotte is, she's still one of the best wrestlers in the company, male or female.

Wasting her prime years as a manager would be insanity IMO.

Splitting up Zelina and Andrade makes no sense to me, but it didn't make any sense when Rusev and Lana were split up either, so WWE's gonna WWE, I guess.