Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/12 - 10/18 JaVale McGee has three more rings than Karl Malone. Life is good!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

With Andrade-Zelina, I think having to move 4-5 people anytime they want to transfer Charlotte plays a factor. As soon as Charlotte was drafted last year, we knew Andrade-Zelina-Aleister would be right behind her. Throw in Garza this year. Needing to move that much of a roster for one person can be burdensome.

Simple solution to that: Tell Charlotte to "suck it up, buttercup." Why should she get special treatment?

I agree it was gross when WWE purposely split up couples in the draft to be spiteful, but doing so for business reasons is different.

(Granted, the draft and brand split are both pointless, but that's another story.)

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

Simple solution to that: Tell Charlotte to "suck it up, buttercup." Why should she get special treatment?

I agree it was gross when WWE purposely split up couples in the draft to be spiteful, but doing so for business reasons is different.

(Granted, the draft and brand split are both pointless, but that's another story.)

WWE has done a much better job of keeping real-life couples together for the past few years. It's not exclusive to Charlotte. For example, they moved Zelina to SD so she can travel with Aleister. Same with Montez Ford and Bianca Belair.

Everything is at the same arena in Florida for the foreseeable future anyway so it's not that big a deal if one of them works Monday and the other works Friday, especially if they live within driving distance of the place, which I presume most of them do.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Their lease for the THUNDERDOME is up at the end of October, and WWE wants to start to attempt touring at some point. 

They actually renewed it through November.  Meltzer thinks they'll be there into next year and will re-negotiate to have limited fans in, if they haven't already.  The date being talked about for the 2021 NBA season starting is MLK day in February and it's highly unlikely to begin before then, but everything is up in the air with that.

I posted this in last week's thread earlier regarding the draft, so I'm moving it here after realizing my error:

The draft actually makes me less interested in WWE, at a time when my interest was already at an all-time low.

The ladder match between Sami, Hardy and AJ was one of the few things during the pandemic I went out of my way to check out.  It was fantastic and memorable and it made Sami look great.

Then he's a total afterthought in the draft, coming off a classic ladder match, WHILE HOLDING THE IC TITLE.  They might not care about shit like that, but I do.  Oh and meanwhile they're feeding Hardy to F'n Lars Sullivan of all people.

Oh and the RAW and SD champs just swap belts, and are having a match on the PPV without either titles on the line?  what?

Shit like this is why nobody cares about titles or anything else that happens in this horrible, horrible wrestling promotion

And to add to that, WWE is adding title reigns for New Day and Street Prophets to their official lineages due to the title swap, making in WWE canon New Day 10x tag champs and Street Prophets GRAND SLAM (NXT, RAW, SD) tag champions, despite not actually winning the belts

this fucking company.......

I've been kinda following from afar as usual, and I came to the conclusion that I have no earthly idea how can anyone still follow much less defend this company without consuming an ungodly dose of heavy drugs (which seems confirmed by the fact some people around here are praising the signing of Eva Marie, that has coke + alcohol + MDMA written all over it).

In full disclosure I haven't been able to watch WWE without alcohol in years.  I don't watch much these days, but it's partly why I would pick and choose what to watch, I can't afford to drink that much

It would probably be fun for me watching a marathon of WWE programming on heavy drugs.  I wouldn't subject that on a poor innocent stranger though

4 hours ago, El-P said:

I've been kinda following from afar as usual, and I came to the conclusion that I have no earthly idea how can anyone still follow much less defend this company without consuming an ungodly dose of heavy drugs (which seems confirmed by the fact some people around here are praising the signing of Eva Marie, that has coke + alcohol + MDMA written all over it).

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't drink alcohol and I've never taken a drug in my life. 

However, I don't follow the company week-to-week. That would be unbearable torture. I watch the PPVs and otherwise tune in whenever I feel like it (which is rarely).

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

In PA, I had to have a qualifying condition and have a Dr  sign off on it. It wasn't too difficult.

Same here in Massachusetts, where it's also legal for rec sale.  I believe medicinal is the same in NY state.  There are doctors who specialize in it.  You have to pay for the license and renew it anually, but it allows you to grow plants on your own if you are so inclined.  Haven't looked into the NY laws in a bit, but I know where I am near the NY border the rec shops get lots of traffic from out of staters

C.S. no offense brother, but maybe I don't know......many of your rasslin heroes partook in a joint or a drink here or there.......it ain't gonna turn you into a pumpkin