Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Tracy Smothers

KawadaSmile

29 minutes ago, ragemaster said:

Plus wasn't Sapphire also a rib on Dusty

I'm not sure if it's based on fact or not, but Vince was certainly under the impression Dusty didn't care for black folks which is why Virgil was named Virgil and why Dusty was paired up with and older black woman. 

20 hours ago, ragemaster said:

Thought it had something to do with Dusty dating lifestyle in his interviews, talking about dating young attractive black woman, so Vince put him with an older black woman as a rib on him.

I had this impression too. Dusty would often talk about getting women of colour in bed in his promos, and apparently he had a big following amongst black wrestling fans

I thought I had heard a few folks - including Bruce Prichard - say that the original pitch for Dusty's valet was that she would be a younger more conventionally attractive woman, but it was Dusty that flipped it into something more "common man" appropriate, having remembered Sapphire from her being a gopher/superfan for the Kansas City territory.