Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/02 - 11/08 Descanse em paz, Louro Jose

KawadaSmile

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Bob Saget (of "Full House" fame) lowering himself by interacting with an irrelevant vanilla midget dork?

The best part is that Saget clearly has no idea who the fuck Aries is.

And why would he? Austin Aries has never made it as a major league professional wrestler, has always been a big fish in a small pond, and never lasts even on the independent level. If Aries was as good as he thinks he is, he'd be bigger than Hogan, Rikidozan, Baba, Inoki, Austin, Rock, etc. and get taught in grade schools. Instead, Aries won a few indie "World" Titles and let it go to his head despite being a mostly underwhelming, marginal, and ultimately forgettable presence wherever he's gone. 

But even if Aries was amazing at his job (he's not and never has been), he's still a worthless, useless, arrogant little shithead. He's also a sex pest (Christy Hemme situation, in-ring, in front of cameras, shown on fucking TV).

So, yeah, fuck this repugnant toad. 

3 hours ago, C.S. said:

So, yeah, fuck this repugnant toad. 

The more wrestlers talk, the more chance they have to show everyone how stupid they are. So, in that regard, them making Twitter accounts is almost always a mistake. There's a lot more Jerichos & Austin Aries' than Samoa Joes & Sami Zayns.

When it involves something like politics or a pandemic? Boy, howdy. 

There are tiers to ignorance, though.

We have dumb fucks like Aries and full on conspiracionist cult members such as Drake Wuertz and Matt Morgan (who IIRC is mayor of a city in Florida). Those guys are reposting zany conspiracy theories about how the election was a FRAUD and other stupid garbage. The fact that some of those dudes have any sort of political power is astounding and dangerous.

I love how Aries has a quote about how the country has been "set up for civil unrest." 

By who, Austin? 

The only people spreading lies about widespread voter fraud, which would've required hundreds if not thousands of individuals across many states to commit treason in order to *idiotically* have Biden win the Presidential election but for Democrats to not take over the House or Senate (I mean, if you're going to rig an election, why not rig it for full control?), are Trump supporters who bought into his bullshit. Trump never even admitted that he lost the popular election to Hilary in 2016. In his mind (and words), he drove the narrative that he "crushed" Hilary. He didn't. He said he would "crush" the "worst nominee in the history of the US" Joe Biden. He didn't. Every poll, every analyst, everybody except Trump and his most rabid fans, knew this was going to be a very tight race. That is why they can't comprehend that a 50/50 win could go either way and that it went to Biden, fair and square. They believed Trump's false narrative that he was the most popular President in US history despite the inarguable fact that HE WASN"T. His supporters seem to believe that he was *more* popular in 2020 than in 2016. 

But because this is PWO I'm going to circle back to a point that is Pro-Wrestling.

It has been said by many a wrestler but when you're cutting a promo, when you're running down your opponent, when you're calling him an egg-sucking dog or a jabroni or a son of a bitch, you *still* make sure your opponent is somewhat protected. The philosophy is that a heel or face shouldn't run down their opponent too much because if you end up losing to a "loser," you've lost to a loser, and if you beat them, you didn't beat anyone - you just beat a loser. In other words, even heels like Ric Flair would give credit to Lex Luger's strength and physique and even The Rock would give credit to Triple H's craftiness and cunning. 

In this election, Trump and his supporters treated Biden as a joke. They called him the worst nominee for POTUS ever. Some even smeared Democrats as child-molesting Satan worshippers. Well, Donald Trump lost to a child-molesting Satan worshipper now, I guess, and that is a hard pill to swallow. The small irony is that, in some ways, this is also what happened in 2016 as many Democrats (and Hilary) underestimated Trump and believed Americans would have to be crazy, racist morons to vote such a monster into office. Well, it happened. He won in 2016. In a tight race, fair and square.

I expect this post to be deleted, but I had to vent somewhere - sorry! Also, fuck Austin Aries and Chris Jericho for not understanding the basic idea that, historically, when record voter turnout happens, Democrats do well. To make another wrestling reference, its kinda like how, at a small indie show, you might see lots of people wearing Austin Aries shirts. But when you go to a big WWE show, you'll see way more John Cena shirts. Just because your fanbase is "rabid" doesn't mean its representative of the people outside your indie world bubble. The country is split. If you can't concede that, you're blind. If you do agree that the country is split, then it shouldn't be hard to understand that one candidate defeated another fairly without a massive conspiracy.

There are people believing that the earth is flat, others that a significant part of the leading politicians are nothing more than a pedophilic, satanist cult, not to talk about all the bullshit spread about COVID-19 all over the net. Believing that an election is rigged is nothing compared to that.

Matt Morgan is the mayor of Longwood, where I had the misfortune of living for three years as a kid. It should be noted that Biden actually carried Seminole County (where Longwood is located), the first Democrat to do so since 1948. He's also the first Democrat to carry Duval County (where Jacksonville is located) since 1976. So wrestling can't be held responsible for Florida being a Republican hellscape.

Also, the Trump campaign booking the wrong Four Seasons for a press conference is the political equivalent of Johnny Ace signing the wrong one-legged wrestler. He truly belongs in the WWE Hall of Fame.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Also, the Trump campaign booking the wrong Four Seasons for a press conference is the political equivalent of Johnny Ace signing the wrong one-legged wrestler. He truly belongs in the WWE Hall of Fame.

I saw a story on Twitter about a journalist who was trying to get to the bottom of how that happened. only to find out it's impossible to know for sure who's fault it was because everyone there is equally inept at their job. 

Apparently Sasha-Bayley did a record quarter number and took the SD rating from a bad one to the best in recent weeks, cuz their quarter was a record one. 

So fucking happy for them. Sasha has been jerked around so much for the last few years, losing big blowoff matches when she should really have won them, including to people who don't need such victories like Charlotte. I hope she continues to defend her title and be a great world champ.

Although Roman/Jey has been one of the best things WWE has done lately, Sasha and Bayley carried that show throughout so many empty arena weeks, no praise is enough for them. Like, they managed to work through a damn great feud, with tons of buildup and nuance.

If this leads to Bianca Belair getting a push, it's even better.

7 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Ha! This is new to me but definitely isn't the first time something similar has happened.

I remember Adam Cole telling a similar story way back when in the time Kevin Owens was doing interviews with other indy guys (IIRC).

He was 6 months fresh into wrestling when he was contacted by WWE saying how interested they are and how impressive he is. This went on for a bit until Adam Cole got his flight tickets and saw they had the wrong surname on them. When he sent a photo of himself they immediately rescinded the offer. They didn't want Adam Cole, they wanted Xavier Woods (Austin Watson).

The two joked in the interview that  they probably confused him for Xavier because his name sounds "more black" (Austin Jenkins). Of course that was tongue-in-cheek but I would not be surprised if that wasn't half true.

On 11/7/2020 at 10:30 AM, Burgundy LaRue said:

Carmella is a case of someone maximizing their potential. She's very good at the character work and can have solid matches. I thought she was the best worker in the triple threat match with Becky and Charlotte at Summer Slam 2018. No one will mistake her for a 5-star technician, but she knows how to get the most out of herself. Not sold on this new character yet, but I'll wait and see.

Agreed. the Charlotte/Mella rematch that headlined Smackdown after that was one of my favorite matches of 2018.