Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Full Gear 2020

MoS

This would have been basically a forgettable PPV with Great Wrestlingtm  like a lot of modern wrestling, but Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston have changed that. I don't even care that Moxley will almost certainly win AND that he has beaten Kingston clean before; the wrestling fan in me will always pay for pro wrestling gold like that

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mox and Kingston talked me into buying it this past week. The build up to Revival vs Bucks and Omega vs Hangman has been so convoluted and so poorly done that ultimately I think it will actually hurt the PPV. 2 months ago I could tell you why those matches needed to happen and I had some sort of emotional attachment. After all the twists and turns and break ups and make up I don't remember why Revival and Bucks are fighting in the first place and I don't remember why I wanted to see Hangman beat up Omega 3 months ago... BUT MOX vs Kingston, that's been bringing me back these past few weeks and will get me to buy the PPV. 

I think the Omega-Page build has been pretty good, it's just that Mox-Kingston are doing a master class in selling a PPV so it kind of gets forgotten in the mix. I liked the one on one interviews each guy did, with Kenny being the fake-humble heel in denial of his heeldom and Page as "young guy not sure he can get over the hump and win the big one and is sliding into alcoholism as a result" with JR having to take the Dad Tone with him. Which by the way is one aspect JR is still very good at. 

I wonder if the usual suspects will scream again because Serena Deeb/Allysin Kay for the NWA women's title is the Buy In match. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

I wonder if the usual suspects will scream again because Serena Deeb/Allysin Kay for the NWA women's title is the Buy In match. 

Of course they will. Also, you know that *something* will ruin AEW forever on this PPV, as something does every week.

On paper, this is the best AEW PPV as far as pairings go. The long-term build of Omega and Page has been the best thing in pro-wrestling and exactly what I want from AEW. Kingston & Mox are probably gonna kill it, and themselves. Bucks vs FTR, despite a build that has been kinda odd at times, as MOTYC written all over it (let's be real). 

Eddie Kingston is like Orange Cassidy in that he doesn't fit into the cookie-cutter mold of what a wrestling star should be, but they're complete opposites in almost every other way. And they've both become breakout stars for AEW. It's amazing what can happen when you give people the chance to get themselves over and book to their strengths instead of cutting them off at the knees for no reason.

I'm also intrigued by Bucks/FTR. Matt's leg is legitimately injured so it's likely to be more of a storytelling match, which is fine by me.

Could you imagine if AEW actually pulled the trigger on Eddie Kingston? Holy shit, that would blow me away.

This card looks great. I haven't previously been the biggest AEW supporter, but I'll be watching this Pay-Per-View tonight with my girlfriend. The Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston segment from Wednesday was insane & I miss promos that could get me to buy-in like that. So good. 

And I love both Serena Deeb & Allysin Kay, so getting them at all in AEW is pretty cool to me. 

After finally getting the election results today, after this excruciatingly long & stressful week, no wrestling show will be able to take this smile off of my face. But I actually anticipate a great show tonight from AEW & I'm excited. :)

3 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Could you imagine if AEW actually pulled the trigger on Eddie Kingston? Holy shit, that would blow me away.

I thought about that too. I don't think they will, but even a one month reign before a rematch (with a gimmick like a cage or something) would be really cool.

19 hours ago, rovert said:

I don't know how this show is forgettable given how long they've built Omega/Page and FTR/Bucks specifically. Most fans are staying it is their most stacked show yet and I'd agree. Wednesday's Dynamite was a very strong go-home show too.

I think Bucks/FTR was a terrible build that actually killed interest in the feud. Meanwhile, I am a big Page fan but as I have been ranting in this forum for months now, they overcomplicated a simple build and it became convoluted and weird imo. Still looking forward to the match but I feel it could have been much better.

I think it's been built terrifically overall. One of the best built PPVs top to bottom in years. Really haven't been as invested in so many matches on one show in a long time (which admittedly isn't saying much, but still, these last few months of AEW have reignited my love of pro-wrestling when it was at it's all time lowest). Mox/Eddie, Cody/Darby, Omega/Page... I'm even on board with Jericho/MJF. Looking forward to the show.

10 minutes ago, El-P said:

That video package for the main event... They really are selling me on the fact Eddie could win the title.

I mean the only even remotely negative thing I can say about that video package on the main event is that it is really really hard to not want Kingston to win.   

In my opinion either Eddie or Darby Allin has to win a belt tonight.  If neither happens which I figure is happening unfortunately it doesn't say much about AEW

Serenna Deeb vs Alysin Kay is a much more interesting women's title match tonight for me.