MoS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I always pop for the crowd singing Judas being officially A Thing AEW fans do.

It's going to be insane when AEW is allowed to run full crowd shows again. It's going to be LOUD. 

But with this pandemic, who knows when that will even be. (I still think we have a second, worse wave coming)

2 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Yeah, Taz beat Tajiri like that on an ECW PPV once too.

And unlike the ECW we could actually see it up close in order to show how brutal it was.   

And  Kingston did say I quit although it would have helped if Bryce was given a mic so it could be heard better

I only stayed up and tuned in for the main and I was slightly underwhelmed but considering the ceiling was, apparently, the pinnacle of the entire sport, it still did pretty alright. An insatiable appetite for deathmatches has left me feeling like they hold back with these sorts of things but the fight was undeniable.

Spoiler

Alcohol was great, finish with the wire was great, Kingston slamming Mox into the thumbtacks and then immediately looking him in the eye was so, so raw.

Eddie Kingston is going to be the AEW World Champion. It will not be today. But it will happen. And that's beautiful.

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

And unlike the ECW we could actually see it up close in order to show how brutal it was.   

And  Kingston did say I quit although it would have helped if Bryce was given a mic so it could be heard better

Yeah, but the mic thing also leads to them shoving it in wrestlers' faces constantly in the match, which is really annoying 

I do think it's amazing how much more okay I am with Eddie losing this then I was when Jericho beat Orange. I think it's because when Orange lost, I never thought he would be that hot ever again. Kingston can make himself the hottest man in wrestling with one promo on any given week. Also, while he was wearing Misawa tribute gear, the undeniable truth about Kingston is he's not Misawa. He's Kawada. And he knows that.

The only matches I didn't dig were the Nyla/Shida match & the pretaped Hardy/Sammy thing - but even that was fun w/ the cameos & the post match with Nyla & Vicky is intriguing. Crazy to me they did a Swanton Bomb off a ladder through a table & it wasn't the finish in the Hardy match though.

Really good PPV. 

2 hours ago, MoS said:

How is Shane Helms allowed to do the hurricane gimmick on television? Shouldn't that be a WWE trademark

He did it in another Elite Deletion-type thing with Impact Wrestling a couple of years ago. I don't remember which one it was but I think it was the tag match between the Hardyz and Decay