Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/09 - 11/15 Luis Arce is Bolivia's president-elected!

KawadaSmile

I've been watching for the past hour and absolutely nothing makes sense. Nothing has explained through vinegettes and promos or by the announcers. Nothing that happened seems to be going anywhere that won't be forgotten in a week. I can't tell who the faces and heels are. Its just bad.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, joeg said:

I've been watching for the past hour and absolutely nothing makes sense. Nothing has explained through vinegettes and promos or by the announcers. Nothing that happened seems to be going anywhere that won't be forgotten in a week. I can't tell who the faces and heels are. Its just bad.

WWE's idea for building up Survivor Series this year (and the last several as well) has been to just make everyone into completely unlikable assholes who suddenly care about BRAND SUPREMACY for about 3 weeks. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

WWE's idea for building up Survivor Series this year (and the last several as well) has been to just make everyone into completely unlikable assholes who suddenly care about BRAND SUPREMACY for about 3 weeks. 

Hey Man, the battle of t-shirt colors is a very important thing that the wrestlers care deeply about from after the October PPV until whenever Survivor Series is! Because whichever brand wins the battle for brand supremacy gets ummm.... they are.... uhhh.... It Matters Okay!!

Those 2 posts are more of an explanation of what's going on than I got last night. Its just like I tune in to Raw probably once every 3 weeks or so and the guys who were wrestling each other 3 weeks before are now teaming up and vise versa with no explaination of what happened or who to root for or who to boo. It just doesn't make any sense. I can nitpick the gaps in AEW's bookings logic to death but at least there seems to be some sort of a plan there. WWE nothing makes any sense at all. 

If there wasn't a draft lottery every other quarter-year then Survivor Series might make more sense. WWE isn't ashamed of its jingoism and that could trickle down to brand patriotism. However, there's no reason to have loyalty if you're just going to be drafted in the next couple months. Especially because there's now a hierarchy created at Survivor Series and if you get drafted to the losing brand you're trading down. 

There are so many possibilities to draw from here and they don't need to be deeply woven into a character's personal story.

~>Someone was offered [more] opportunities by their brand

~>They have/had a grudge with a member on the opposite team and want to get to them

~>They have a connection to/are friends with the team captain and want to help their bud

Heck, anything. A throwaway line is better than nothing.

Well, OK, one that doesn't make a 6'8", 37 year old sound like an angry kindergartener.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Leon Ruff winning the title is something that would be much more effective in front of a live crowd

Yeah, but it was a nice "1-2-3 Kid beating Razor Ramon" moment anyway. 

5 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Apparently, the Rascalz are NXT bound. Could be a matter of weeks before we see them on NXT TV.

I guess we're back to hoarding talent?

5 minutes ago, MoS said:

I know I argued with @El-P about imposing a bullshit moral inquisition on those who still watch WWE, but it's really becoming increasingly morally untenable to watch this promotion in good conscience

NXT has kinda become that for me with it becoming a safe haven for pedos and QAnon cult members. I love some of the acts there like Escobar, Shotzi and Io, but man, it's terrible seeing people like Theory do horrible shit without any repercussion

7 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Word is that she was making loads of money on Twitch

She's well known, an attractive woman, and is actually into gaming. It would be shocking if she *wasn't* making loads of money. If I'm her and Vince tries to tell me that's now counting against my downside guarantee I'd tell him to GFY as well.