Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/09 - 11/15 Luis Arce is Bolivia's president-elected!

KawadaSmile

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

She's well known, an attractive woman, and is actually into gaming. It would be shocking if she *wasn't* making loads of money. If I'm her and Vince tries to tell me that's now counting against my downside guarantee I'd tell him to GFY as well. 

Truth be told in her position I would just work out and make money on Twitch. Wrestling seems stressful

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could very well be a big tipping point for people in WWE deciding to take a stand, honestly. Paige has already been vocal about it on Twitter. Andrew Yang has taken notice & now Joe Biden won the Presidency & could very well put Yang in his cabinet. Aleister obviously has ties with Zelina. We know about the Lana stuff after Rusev left. 

The Twitch shit, the independent contractor shit, the union shit... something's gotta give.

Zelina is beautiful, smart & talented. She plays games, does cosplay, goes to cons. Has the Twitch following & apparently a Cosplay Only Fans as well. She's going to be fine financially. I'm more interested in this might be a spark for other WWE talent. Also WWE won't be able to talk about her father anymore during the annual Tribute to the Troops bullshit.

If Thea/Zelina decides to stay in wrestling, she'll be a big get for any company. If Tommy End finds a way to leave & go with her? That's a game changer. Like what I thought Scarlet/Karrion Kross would be. But then they went to NXT & he got hurt...

14 minutes ago, Coffey said:

This could very well be a big tipping point for people in WWE deciding to take a stand, honestly. Paige has already been vocal about it on Twitter.

I would get a huge kick out of the *women* workers in WWE ending up being the ones who take a stand and say enough with this shit. Then, it would indeed be a Women's Revolution, but not the kind of which Stephy could hitchjack...

9 minutes ago, El-P said:

I would get a huge kick out of the *women* workers in WWE ending up being the ones who take a stand and say enough with this shit. Then, it would indeed be a Women's Revolution, but not the kind of which Stephy could hitchjack...

That would be awesome. 

It also can't be stressed enough how smart it was for her to get that tweet out before the announcement was made. I'm seeing tons of folks who are into wrestling but not "in the bubble" like we are making comments on how WWE fired her for being pro union. It was a well placed kick to the dick by her that set the optics before WWE could.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Honest question: wouldn't unionization be something spread across the whole wrestling industry on a federal level?

It would be on a company by company basis. The argument that unions would crush smaller indies by adding too many costs, while probably true, is moot because mostly every company in the US actually treats its independent contractors like independent contractors. Guys in AEW/TNA/ROH are all allowed to do outside gigs as long as they don't conflict with their primary promotion, which most people consider reasonable. Also considering WWE normally allows people on Legends type deals like Jerry Lawler to take outside bookings makes it apparent they are only interested in controlling the folks on the active roster while crushing all potential competitors by any means necessary. 

Absolute wrong person to be tweeting this message.

WWE supported Mike and Maria through a drug problem and pregnancy. For all the shit the company gets, those two were well taken care of. The only thing they didn't get was a push, and WWE did try even there, letting them bypass NXT. Unfortunately, their gimmick died an instant death on the main roster.

From today's Observer update:

Thea Trinidad (Zelina Vega) was fired today by WWE. She later tweeted that she was in favor of unionization.  She tweeted that after she was fired. The gist of the situation according to those close to the situation is she was making more money outside WWE than working for WWE and they wanted her to give up her Only Fans account.  More will likely be coming out about this very soon. It's very interesting because of the Andrew Yang  connection and WWE attempting to control outside revenue making from independent contractors.

Twitch stuff aside, firing people in a pandemic (that is only getting worse) when the company is literally setting all time record profits is the grossest thing this company has done. Especially since they went out of their way to target folks who recently got themselves a larger payday. 

It's a good thing Zelina is making some good money on Twitch and is married to a man who makes six figures.

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

In other fun WWE news: Drake Wuertz follows the Proud Boys on Perler (basically Facebook for MAGA chuds and racists). 

He removed the WWE from his instagram handle. Can we expect the best?

23 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Interesting as just four hours ago on Twitter he said she was "let go for supporting unionization" which I think most people immediately knew that tweet wasn't why she got fired.

True, but that clarification means it probably went down like this:

1. They approach her asking to give up her OnlyFans like a good little worker bee

2. She tells them to GTFO with that nonsense

3. They fire her

4. *Then* she makes that tweet before they can make their usual canned corporate response

Makes it even more of a badass move that she would do it then knowing it would be a scorched earth play that would get a lot of negative attention to the company.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

In other fun WWE news: Drake Wuertz follows the Proud Boys on Perler (basically Facebook for MAGA chuds and racists). 

Kane is also there, according to an online friend of mine who used that as a defense for signing up (needless to say, he's an idiot). I told him that anything involving a rassler is never, ever, not for a single fucking second, going to impress me, because even the "smart" ones are generally stupid. 

Google's description of Parler:

Parler is an American microblogging and social networking service launched in August 2018. Parler has a significant user base of Trump supporters, conservatives, and Saudi nationalists. Posts on the service often contain far-right content, antisemitism, and conspiracy theories.

If WWE mattered to anyone outside the bubble, they'd immediately release anyone associated with this nonsense.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Linda herself was on it.