Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
KawadaSmile

WWE TV 11/09 - 11/15 Luis Arce is Bolivia's president-elected!

Recommended Posts

Further proof that anyone who would WANT to work with the Fiend is an idiot and should never be taken seriously, no matter how talented they might be otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MoS said:

Further proof that anyone who would WANT to work with the Fiend is an idiot and should never be taken seriously, no matter how talented they might be otherwise

While I don't think MENSA will be calling Alexa anytime soon, I wouldn't be opposed to working with The Fiend.

He does have great ideas and a great mind. Unfortunately, they rarely translate when it comes to his own character and ring work. Try as he might, Bray never manages to stay fresh and compelling for long. But he would probably be a great idea man for others.

I actually think his mind might be better geared toward Hollywood. The Fiend would work as a slasher movie villain more than it does as a wrestler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note how the interviewer went out of her way to avoid putting Alexa on the spot by changing the topic mid-question from the status of WWE wrestlers as independent contractors to whether she had ever felt pressured to work while injured. Regardless, anyone who uses the term "cancel culture" unironically is almost certainly a massive doofus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Didn't Bayley say something similar? It is what it is. Very few are going to be completely candid about their status as independent contractors

I think she did so, yes. If anything, the only mistake Alexa did here was to bring up "cancel culture" when she shouldn't really have. I believe she might've wanted to use the example of people on social media constantly stirring shit about anything she posts or says and if we're being honest, the backlash she's getting today kinda proves her point.

I know you'll all shit on me for saying this but I don't care. Quite frankly, people are losing their minds over this when they all know that somebody else will make the same comment eventually and the outrage will pass on to that person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like, of course she said something dumb. On the other hand, at the moment, I'd rather have regular ol' bootlicking than cult members seemingly having institutional approval to conduct their shady and dangerous businesses. 

Fuck Drake Wuertz, bubbas. Dude is out there spreading dangerous rhethoric about children kidnapping, death cults, satanism and all kinds of horrible lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

I think she did so, yes. If anything, the only mistake Alexa did here was to bring up "cancel culture" when she shouldn't really have. I believe she might've wanted to use the example of people on social media constantly stirring shit about anything she posts or says and if we're being honest, the backlash she's getting today kinda proves her point.

I know you'll all shit on me for saying this but I don't care. Quite frankly, people are losing their minds over this when they all know that somebody else will make the same comment eventually and the outrage will pass on to that person.

So she should not get backlash for saying something obviously stupid and wrong, because a lot of her co-workers would say the same thing, because the company they work for is terrible? That is ass-backwards logic, sorry. Being anti-cancel culture is treating wrestlers with kid gloves and not calling them out when they say dumb shit? Cuz then why stop here, let's also let Drake Wuertz spread conspiracy theories about democrats eating babies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's all fine and good but where was the same outrage when Bayley said it last year? Because I genuinely can't remember one instance of anything. People were more stunned by the fact that the FOX journalist didn't know about WWE's corporate policies than what Bayley said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She really did not address the independent contractors status at all, she said they were being taken care off when something happens to them inside the ring and that she was never pressured to work injured. If crowd favourite Steven Regal says the same thing about his many rehabs while asked the same question, I doubt people will get angry at him, for instance...

The "cancel culture" line is totally misplaced indeed because the question has nothing to do with this at all, but honestly she's absolutely not wrong on the matter, people are just getting "outraged" for five minutes the time it takes to do a # and tweet some "socially conscious" shit then move on to the next thing and feel like they are such great militant of the cause, whatever the cause be. That's the reality of things. Are people getting angry at Alexa Bliss gonna stop watching WWE as a protest because this company is so awful and filled with so many awful and stupid people ? Probably not. They haven't yet, despite propaganda shows for Saudi Arabia, among many other things. And it's not like there's no alternative either... So there... Alexa Bliss is a good little soldier, but really, I don't see what the fuss is all about here. (compared to say, the conspirationist nest in NXT)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El-P said:

She really did not address the independent contractors status at all, she said they were being taken care off when something happens to them inside the ring and that she was never pressured to work injured. 

We literally know this is not true for the vast majority of wrestlers in the promotion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you expect her to say ? "Oh yeah, this independent contractors deal are complete jokes, these people are assholes." 

I mean, the other day Whatever-his-name-is (not a dig, I litteraly don't remember that guy's name because I don't watch WWE) made kind of a rather hypocritical (for reasons already explained the other day) tweet about Jericho and all the fake outrage crowd was acting like he was some hero of the French Resistance. And there Alexa Bliss, who's always been a good little WWE soldier acts, well, like a good little WWE soldier but really doesn't say anything extraordinary either and she gets shit on ? Yeah. This :

2 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I believe she might've wanted to use the example of people on social media constantly stirring shit about anything she posts or says and if we're being honest, the backlash she's getting today kinda proves her point.

Indeed.

And again, people are getting angry at Bliss ? Why not get angry at the company and actually act out about it ? Why ? Because it would take to *actually do something* that would cost them, like, stop watching a program they probably still enjoy, which is why it's much easier to make a bunch of angry tweets directed at a peon, it takes them two minutes and then they can go back posting gifs of their favourite matches on Smackdown...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, El-P said:

Because it would take to *actually do something* that would cost them, like, stop watching a program they probably still enjoy

This is false. Nobody actually enjoys current WWE. I mean, look at the weekly threads. We spend far more time talking about what the wrestlers do on social media than what they do on Raw or Smackdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, El-P said:

And again, people are getting angry at Bliss ? Why not get angry at the company and actually act out about it ? Why ? Because it would take to *actually do something* that would cost them, like, stop watching a program they probably still enjoy, which is why it's much easier to make a bunch of angry tweets directed at a peon, it takes them two minutes and then they can go back posting gifs of their favourite matches on Smackdown...

Please. No offence, but you have literally been on the other side of the fence here, with people right on this board saying this exact same thing to you for criticising WWE a few years ago when you were still checking out their stuff. You were of the opinion that those harbouring that view were the trolls then. Making this a trial of fire of WWE viewers is just bullshit moral posturing, sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

This is false. Nobody actually enjoys current WWE. I mean, look at the weekly threads. We spend far more time talking about what the wrestlers do on social media than what they do on Raw or Smackdown.

Come on bubba, don't do me like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

We spend far more time talking about what the wrestlers do on social media than what they do on Raw or Smackdown.

Yeah, and honestly, I'm not a big fan of the board becoming repost of stupid shit from Twitter, but that's what it's turning into sadly.

As far as no one enjoying the product, well, that was a funny line but come on, there are still more replies and discussion about WWE here than about AEW or any other promotions.

33 minutes ago, MoS said:

Please. No offence, but you have literally been on the other side of the fence here, with people right on this board saying this exact same thing to you for criticising WWE a few years ago when you were still checking out their stuff. You were of the opinion that those harbouring that view were the trolls then. Making this a trial of fire of WWE viewers is just bullshit moral posturing, sorry. 

Wow, that's pretty rich, really. The issue here is this. For a time (long time ago) I wasn't really watching anymore yet still trashing the promotion because I really didn't enjoy it anytime I was trying it for 5 minutes. So yeah, people were angry at me. Fair game. Then, I wouldn't know when exactly, I did actually watch back a bit, I believe around the time Daniel Bryan got pushed and mostly when the women movement got traction, and then from 2016 on I was actually doing the PPV watch-alongs because it was shown live on free TV where I was living. At that time, I did pimp what I enjoyed and trashed the company for its awful booking and stupid shit. Then people had all the right to disagree with me, but I was mostly talking about the *product*, and I did enjoy some of it. Then things got kinda really embarrassing with the Saudi Shows, around then I kinda stopped watching altogether because I was disgusted with the whole thing and only came back to check out that women only PPV (and yeah, there was one infamous troll on the board who would bug me about that one, but he was *always* a useless troll). Then the free live PPV's have been cancelled in France anyway, but by that point I had basically quit. Anyway, the only things I actually watched in eons, apart from short clips of stupid shit on social medias have been the Taker/AJ Styles match and the Staircase to Hell thingy I believe.  So, yeah, bullshit moral posturing my ass, because I did quit watching (and was never a subscriber to the Network anyway).

However giving shit to Bliss about such nothing is total bullshit moral posturing indeed. 

Can't believe I'm actually *defending* Alexa Bliss being a model WWE employee here.:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but Jerome, I think you basically confirmed my point. Also to be clear, I am not accusing you of bullshit moral posturing; years and years of reading your posts have told me you personally are extremely non-judgmental about basically everything (this is truly not a dig), but the general idea of "If you are criticising, don't watch, you h8er" is what I was getting at. You know the type, and I don't even think you would disagree with me. 

Also, good bubba @KawadaSmile is right about Drew Mac as champ being intriguing. Unfortunately, they made him look completely inferior to Orton in their feud, first needing a bunch of legends to beat him in the Ambulance Match, and then losing to him cleanly in HitC, a traditional feud ender.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MoS said:

Also, good bubba KawadaSmile is right about Drew Mac as champ being intriguing. Unfortunately, they made him look completely inferior to Orton intheir feud, first needing a bunch of legends to beat him in the Ambulance Match, and then losing to him cleanly in HitC, a traditional feud ender.  

I wasn't even mad at Drew getting help. It felt like the culmination of the months they spent with Randy going after everyone, and then reaping what he had sown. Frankly, if they ended the feud there, I would say it was a very well written one.

However, like a long-running show, they kept on going after the logical conclusion. While some moments like this opening promo have been good and Miz's addition is welcome because he is just so damn good, it does feel like a step down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MoS said:

Also to be clear, I am not accusing you of bullshit moral posturing; years and years of reading your posts have told me you personally are extremely non-judgmental about basically everything (this is truly not a dig), but the general idea of "If you are criticising, don't watch, you h8er" is what I was getting at. You know the type, and I don't even think you would disagree with me.

That's fair enough.

To me it's more of a case of being tired of social medias going crazy for little things and really having zero effect on reality. In that case, I honestly don't think Alexa Bliss said anything outbloodyrageous, she's being a good little soldier and I've heard a lot worse. So, if there's a huge backlash for *this* from a crowd of people (again, I'm talking about social media in general, certainly not pointing fingers to anyone on this board) who on the other hand don't actually do shit about anything (because that's how social media work, every week, hell, every day you have your outrage about this or that, sometimes about real bad stuff, sometimes about real insignificant stuff), I think it's bullshit. It's not "don't criticize" (I mean, coming from me, yeah, that would be bullshit !) but rather "ok, let's stop being ridiculous here, this doesn't warrant a social media backlash and outrage, because you're *not* really that outraged about the independent contractor issue IRL".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×