Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/16 - 11/22 Bolsonarismo got fucked

KawadaSmile

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Anyone expecting some title changes tonight on RAW? They've been hinting so much at Drew vs Roman at Survivor Series that it would totally be such a Vince move to just have Orton beat Drew decisively instead.

Honestly RAW needs a shot in the arm, something to make people tune in. A title change seems like the logical thing to do, but sometimes WWE defies common sense and given how they've featured that Sheamus/Drew friendship over the past few weeks, it wouldn't surprise me if Sheamus cost his buddy the title.

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Holy shit.

I am fine with Joey Ryan genuinely improving himself, if that's what he's doing - and, no, I'm not really naive enough to believe it for a second - but WTF is this idiot Wuertz doing cozying up to such a toxic presence in such a public fashion?

Then again, it's not like WWE cares - Velveteen Dream and Matt Diddle are still gainfully employed.

I know it's stupid and petty, because the two have pretty much nothing to do with one another, but still, I kinda do get a kick out of learning that someone I consider a terrible all around performer is also part of the dumb-as-fuck clan.

At this point, the idea that you are gonna work with these people if you sign with the company has to get in line in your thought process. 

As stupid as Nia sounds, there are many people who won't trust this vaccine because it will be rushed out so quickly, hasn't been studied as extensively, and the long-term effects are therefore unknown.

My point is, it's not just the radical fringe QAnon WWE/NXT dumbells who are wary of the vaccine. Don't be shocked when a large number of ordinary people also have doubts. That, IMO, is going be the big news story of 2021 all around the world.

Unfortunately, a vaccine is only as effective as the amount of people who take it. That's why it's critical for other solutions and cures to be developed alongside a vaccine. Columbia University is working on a Covid nasal spray, for example, that sounds very promising.

Thing is, Nia was one of Drake's biggest supporters, wearing those "Save The Children" tees and dedicating social media posts to it. If she were "just" an antivaxxer, it would be stupid, but nothing truly shocking even in places like California in which people avoid vaccinating their children because they want to lead a "natural, healthier lifestyle".

She seems to be fully in QAnon territory at this point. And that's no good.

I told you, bubba. The Rock never speaks his mind on anything "controversial". Not that in the NTP that would be controversial, but the one time he publicly supported a presidential candidate, people started saying he ate babies and that he was a clone or a body double of the original Rock, who died many years ago.

Shit's wild, is what I'm saying.

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

Unfortunately, a vaccine is only as effective as the amount of people who take it. That's why it's critical for other solutions and cures to be developed alongside a vaccine. Columbia University is working on a Covid nasal spray, for example, that sounds very promising.

Just mathematically speaking, a vaccine alone won't eradicate the virus anyway. For that to happen, you would need a vaccination rate of something like 75% to 80% (if the basic reproduction number without any social distancing is, as estimated, in the range of 3 to 5, the efficiency of the vaccine is in the promised range of 90% to 95% and the vaccine relatively stable against mutations of the virus), which just won't happen (it took something like 50 years to (mostly) eradicate Polio, and that is a very cheap, simple and safe vaccination (unless your name is Robert F. Kennedy Jr.)). I am not even sure if an authoritarian country like China can reach that number.

3 minutes ago, El-P said:

Well this thread turned into an even more depressive one than the usual weekly WWE stuff... Plus guess what, France is the country with the most anti-vax in the world apparently. Yeah. Super. Let me fucking leave already !

I read that with the French pronunciation and it was considerably more sarcastic. But hey can ya give me some data on that? It sounds wild.

15 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I read that with the French pronunciation and it was considerably more sarcastic.

That was exactly the intent. ^_^ 

https://www.lepoint.fr/sante/la-france-championne-des-anti-vaccins-19-06-2019-2319729_40.php

Basically 1/3 French people don't believe vaccines are totally safe and 1/10 don't believe vaccine for children are useful. From the American study based on 144 countries that is quoted in the article, France is apparently where you find the most doubtful people. That being said, our vaccination rate is actually going up, so there, everything is not that dark... 

Selfishly I don't want her to leave wrestling for Hollywood but given that house shows seem to be done its possible for her to do both.  Her passion for wrestling is probably bigger than mostly everyone on the roster so I don't see her leaving the business altogether anytime soon. She's related to Snoop ,Brandy, Ray j and Daz so its definitely in her to do great things outside of Wrestling.

I felt the same about Becky when I heard she was working with Rocks agent, then hearing she was looking into outside projects before she got Pregnant.