Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/16 - 11/22 Bolsonarismo got fucked

KawadaSmile

Rock's a rasssler, I believe he'll always *want* to wrestle until the day he dies, it's literally in his DNA. I also believe he's smart enough to know that pales in comparison to the next $20 million (or more) check he gets to make his next movie. 

Plus I think he knows he's taking too many.....uhh....supplements to be able to wrestle since he tore every muscle in his body the last time. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, sek69 said:

Rock's a rasssler, I believe he'll always *want* to wrestle until the day he dies, it's literally in his DNA. I also believe he's smart enough to know that pales in comparison to the next $20 million (or more) check he gets to make his next movie. 

Plus I think he knows he's taking too many.....uhh....supplements to be able to wrestle since he tore every muscle in his body the last time. 

Rock teased the possibility up until the pandemic changed the landscape for all major live events . I believed that the it would've happened at this upcoming WrestleMania at SoFi Stadium it the pandemic never happened. I believe one or both of them teased it at the original press conference and San Francisco is a very meaningful place for their family so I can see Rock making that his last match. I don't see Rock doing that match in this current environment.  I don't see Rock working in front of just a bunch of LED screens. I don't see him wrestling in front of anything less than 50,000 so it may be a while before we see it, With Roman finally as heel and him doing his best work character wise it would get dope to see them in a program  but I want to see it in front of a live crowd. I feel the same way about Takers Farwell, I wish he got a chance to do it in a full fledged live crowd of thousands of people.

2 hours ago, ZThomas said:

Rock teased the possibility up until the pandemic changed the landscape for all major live events . I believed that the it would've happened at this upcoming WrestleMania at SoFi Stadium it the pandemic never happened. I believe one or both of them teased it at the original press conference and San Francisco is a very meaningful place for their family so I can see Rock making that his last match. I don't see Rock doing that match in this current environment.  I don't see Rock working in front of just a bunch of LED screens. I don't see him wrestling in front of anything less than 50,000 so it may be a while before we see it, With Roman finally as heel and him doing his best work character wise it would get dope to see them in a program  but I want to see it in front of a live crowd. I feel the same way about Takers Farwell, I wish he got a chance to do it in a full fledged live crowd of thousands of people.

Agreed with all this. I believe he wants to do it but  just can't see the Rock coming back to work in front of no live crowd.

On 11/17/2020 at 9:30 PM, KawadaSmile said:

Basically every single competitive televised match he had this year was good.

A shortlist:

• The feud with Drew McIntyre was long, of course, but it did provide great matches. The first two of their series was great, especially the Ambulance match. Yesterday also featured a solid showing. The weakest one, the HiaC match, was still good, but it did suffer from being too long.
  • His series of matches against AJ Styles as the beginning of the year were good, and he clearly showed he was willing to put some work in this year. Crowd was going wild, and he even did stuff like a Styles Clash. 
  • The 2nd match against Edge, aka the greatest wrestling match ever, was a legit great match. It had some weird shit like piped in crowd noise, when it was clear there was no one doing any noise.
  • The match against Keith Lee where he lost in quick and decisive fashion was also a damn fun sprint. The triple threat against Lee and Rollins deserves mention, too. 

If we include matches that were basically segments, like his one against KO or against Christian, it becomes even better because they served a purpose, and in the case of the latter, it was truly effective. 

Idk, a couple of TV sprints, an all time bad Mania match with Edge and a phoney 'match' where they got to do reshoots and edits and shit isn't really selling him to me. Orton does so much nothing that he gets a load of praise for doing the bare minimum, which is good work if you can get it, but it's not doing much for me.

It would be pretty difficult to name a WWE wrestler of the year for 2020 honestly. It's been a real low period. I guess Drew has carried himself well and generally performed when required even if people have mixed feelings on how interesting or exciting he is in the top spot.

How do you rate Lucha Underground, bubba @FMKK?

But I guess 2020 has been a bad year in general, if we are being totally honest. Even people like Thunder Rosa, Mox, Sasha Banks et al, who have had a great year, kinda feel like they are doing less then what they should've been due to the reduced/no crowd.

Even so, I still rate Orton's year pretty high. I imagine that not doing house shows is actually good for him.

38 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

How do you rate Lucha Underground, bubba @FMKK?

Hum... the only match that was infamously heavily edited was the Penta vs Vampiro finale. Other stuff was probably edited too as far as cutting out some of bad looking spots (like they always used to do back in the days) but it's not exactly the same thing as shooting the match the same way you would a movie, like Edge vs Orton apparently was.

4 minutes ago, El-P said:

Hum... the only match that was infamously heavily edited was the Penta vs Vampiro finale. Other stuff was probably edited too as far as cutting out some of bad looking spots (like they always used to do back in the days) but it's not exactly the same thing as shooting the match the same way you would a movie, like Edge vs Orton apparently was.

It wasn't *that* cinematic, to be perfectly honest.

They tried out some different camera lenses and angles, but the weirdest part was the canned in crowd reaction. It felt like a videogame in the worst of ways - I wonder if it was the blueprint to the now much more reasonable canned crowd sounds at the Thunderdome.

Other than that, it was not that different from what one would expect in terms of how it was shot. 

Orton started off hot this year and seemed motivated during the Edge feud. The angle where he Pillamnized his neck was excellent, although unfortunately it's been retroactively undermined by so many similar angles since. The Drew match at Summerslam was really good. But yeah, he's fallen off and has been same old boring Orton for a while now.

In WWE its hard to pick anyone that stands out for a great year because of no crowds and terrible booking. Drews been the best babyface they've had in forever but you can only do so much when you're working with a stale roster that has been beaten into the ground. I think Bayley has had a fantastic year and saved her career in some ways. She's had good matches with women who had never had good matches previously and her reinvention as a heel was a joy to see. Roman is the best thing in wrestling but I fear his acting matches will grow stale soon. Everyone else just kinda blends in.

17 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

It wasn't *that* cinematic, to be perfectly honest.

Understood, but what I meant is that it was *shot* like a movie, with retakes and stuff, and was made to look like a "real" match in the end. Which basically is kinda "cheating", as opposed to say, the Stadium Stampede or Taker vs AJ Styles or the multiple Deletion stuff, which don't pretend they are anything other than a cinematic match. So yeah, this is a pretty odd case.

My favorite era for Randy Orton was during his feud with Jinder Mahal solely because during every match he would toss the Singh brothers around at ringside. I miss seeing the Singhs bump around and wish they would have just been made into regular managers. I think the idea of having two managers like that is a pretty cool idea and am surprised we havent seen it more often.

5 hours ago, Strummer said:

Wwe programming will be moving to Tropicana Field starting Dec. 11

This is interesting since being in a domed stadium will give them the ability to have socially distanced crowds again, with the plan being to have a full crowd show for the day after Mania.

The problem is COVID is going to blow up like a MF due to everyone ignoring the rules and gathering with family for Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years so their timing will end up being horrible.

No way they have a full crowd in April. No fucking way. Whatever the situation is in the US at this point, there's no way people are gonna fly in from around the world (and even the rest of the US) to get packed into a stadium in fucking Florida. It will be very interesting to see how the Tokyo Dome looks in January, but again, Japan is very different.

There is a huge difference: Japan always had Corona pretty well under control (the highest number of new cases per day was something like 2000, a lot of European countries with a fracture of Japan's population would kill for such numbers), which might have something to do with the fact that wearing masks has a long tradition in Japan.

11 hours ago, Badlittlekitten said:

Leon Ruff is awesome. Best North American champ in an age.

I haven't watched NXT from yesterday yet, but hearing the results and what they did it feels very much like this is being booked similar to Mikey Whipwreck, Sandman and Austin in 95 ECW.  I fully expect Ruff to retain in the 3 way dance.  That makes Gargano Austin tho :P

9 minutes ago, sek69 said:

(I think WWE is finally breaking me)

I've been re-watching 1991 WCW on the Network & having a blast! I just watched a Clash of the Champions today where Cactus Jack came out of a box to beat the piss out of Sting & it owned. That era of WCW where Flair left but Hogan hadn't come in yet is a lot of fun. They're trying to find out what works & what doesn't. So you get some cool acts early on, like Johnny B. Badd when he's still a heel with Teddy Long as his manager but you also have to sit through Heavy Metal Van Hammer & Z-Man matches.