Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/16 - 11/22 Bolsonarismo got fucked

KawadaSmile

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Carmella isn't the greatest but she's fine. Does she have some Nia Jax rep I don't know about?

I assume @sek69 means Sasha is going to put her body at risk with big bumps to "carry" Carmella to a watchable match. I think that's kind of unfair. 

Bayley had a genuinely great match with Carmella earlier in the year. Carmella was a babyface which probably works better for her. I'm still rooting for Carmella in this Sasha feud though. Sasha gets more hateable every week. Mella blindsiding her with superkicks each week should be the new Lana through a table spot.

The only Carmella match I have any distinct recollection of is her awful title defense against Charlotte at Backlash a couple of years ago. I also recall her defenses against Asuka being really bad, but I remember nothing about them except James Ellsworth returning at the end of the second one. I would hope she's improved since then, but I strongly doubt she's improved enough to be able to carry a match.

I dont understand the logic of a babyface (Otis) just being given a spot in the Survivor Series team when everyone else had to win a match. If he was a heel and Adam Pearce was a heel it would make more sense. Before the pandemic I was into Otis as a tag team guy. But now I have no interest in him as a singles guy. He just seems like another mid card comedy act.  I really think they need to give the wrestlers a different kayfabe reason for wanting to win Survivor Series. Like maybe a cash prize to the winners, or maybe a future title shot or a bye into a tournament or something.

I dont plan on watching Survivor Series,  but I hope Drew has the kilt and the sword for it. I know it would never happen, but I would love it if Roman blades and Drew ran his sword across it and made it look like he was cutting it.

I was very surprised that they didn't put Big E in that final Survivor Series spot. They actually didn't have Big E wrestle once since the split from Kofi &  Woods and while I presume he'll get involved in the New Day vs Street Profits match tomorrow, that's not a really good sign in my book for Big E.

As for Otis, clear as day that Gable turns on Otis in a matter of weeks.

11 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

The only Carmella match I have any distinct recollection of is her awful title defense against Charlotte at Backlash a couple of years ago. I also recall her defenses against Asuka being really bad, but I remember nothing about them except James Ellsworth returning at the end of the second one. I would hope she's improved since then, but I strongly doubt she's improved enough to be able to carry a match.

The Backlash match also had the laziest Charlotte performance I've ever seen.

I don't think Carmella is completely useless, but she's a clear step below the level Sasha normally works with. I have a bad feeling the only options will be Sasha trying to work at her level and having a ho-hum match, or Sasha deciding she needs to push her usual risk taking to new heights to make up for it.  

I suppose Sasha could always surprise me and have a "Ric Flair carrying the broomstick" performance,  hopefully that's what we end up with. 

Here's Bruce Prichard admitting Eddie Guerrero almost didn't win the WWE Title because he's Mexican.

"So he had it all, and I think a lot of people felt that it was a bad decision," he recalled. "[They] felt that Eddie was too small, and the fact that he was Mexican. All these things were like, 'Ah, he's a little guy'. I don't know. There was just opposition, but in the end, I remember thinking, 'he's the guy.' He was just the guy at that time, and I think Eddie needed that title."

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/11/bruce-prichard-says-eddie-guerrero-race-almost-kept-him-677189/

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that watches it but 205 Live has gotten better recently since they started filming before NXT. It's so under the radar of WWE that you get things like Brian Kendrick going Finlay on rookies and a show built around Curt Stallion. I mean who would have thought that would happen 2 months ago? it's the easiest show to watch since it's only 30 minutes.

16 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I was very surprised that they didn't put Big E in that final Survivor Series spot. They actually didn't have Big E wrestle once since the split from Kofi &  Woods and while I presume he'll get involved in the New Day vs Street Profits match tomorrow, that's not a really good sign in my book for Big E.

As for Otis, clear as day that Gable turns on Otis in a matter of weeks.

I was suprised they didnt keep it as TBA and have Taker as a suprise entrant being it being 30 years farewell to his debut in a Survivor match.

Wont be suprised if they have him at the PPV just to get a beatdown by that racist Sullivan guy.

I don't know about anyone else, but that Lana doc they did rubs me the wrong way. Yes people were/are mean to her online but this company has been fucking with her and her husband for YEARS (to the point where he left the company) which seems like it would be the much larger source of emotional distress. 

I dropped into NXT this week for the first time in a while, because I heard about Io vs. Rhea and, well, I'm nothing if not a good lesbian.

This is the first time I'm seeing it, and I think the chain link COVID fence actually improves the look of (what I assume is still) Full Sail heaps. Gives NXT a semblance of grit it has been missing for years. Also Wade Barrett was born to be a commentator so this is a good move.

INDI HARTWELL IS ON TV??? The kid from Melbourne I've been watching on the undercard of my rinky dink indy in Marayong... what a world. I missed seeing the first, and probably second generation of Aussie indy talent locally, I only started going to local indies in the last couple years. So Indi is the first local kid to make it that I feel a "I knew them before it was cool" connection to. Good for her.

Kacy and Lacey Lane's New Name need to team for a million years and flip over everything on earth.

WHAT HAPPENED TO DON'T YOU REMEMBER ONE EMBER SPARKS THE FIRE, ONE EMBER FANS THE FLAMES???? A travesty. I sure hope Ember asked to go back to NXT, because woah boy should she be carrying one of those God forsaken main brands by now.

Conversely, I think Toni's entrance has improved immeasurably.

Billing Rhea as 5'10" is fucking hilarious and I am all for it. Rhea is #1 in my big gay heart of course, but I actually have no fucking idea who is supposed to be the heel or babyface here. By the end I think I realised, nobody is, but then I still couldn't figure out if they were both faces or both heels. Everyone is just angrier and tougher and cooler than everyone else. An entire roster full of Triple Hs. This is why I'm much happier watching SHIMMER shows from 2007 where the babyfaces happily slap hands with the crowd and the heels are despicable pieces of human scum who spit at babies, punch their nannas in the tit and burn down orphanages.

Despite my 2020 grumble grumble, this did bang and bang hard. Loved the big moves, loved the strikes, loved the arm work, loved how it got meaner and meaner. IO DROPKICKED RHEA'S FUCKING EARRINGS OUT OF HER EAR~! FUCKING TOPE SUICIDA SUNSET FLIP BOMB THROUGH THE FUCKING TABLE~! They shot the finish a gem because all you see is Rhea's corpse JUST diving in to beat the count after her death, and rolling around selling on the mat and then suddenly BAM MOONSAULT. Nice work. This was sick stuff, and my semi-annual reminder that I should really watch more wrestling because I love these women and they're so fucking talented and are getting all the time in the world to show it. I'll be back to normal tomorrow. Well, I might try to watch the War Games.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Redman said:

WHAT HAPPENED TO DON'T YOU REMEMBER ONE EMBER SPARKS THE FIRE, ONE EMBER FANS THE FLAMES???? A travesty. I sure hope Ember asked to go back to NXT, because woah boy should she be carrying one of those God forsaken main brands by now.

I don't watch NXT at all, but they changed Ember's theme? That is terrible if so.

I'm pretty sure she asked to go back to NXT. Her injury was so bad it was thought to be career ending for a while, and I seem to recall her wanting to go back to NXT to make sure she didn't go back to WWE Main Rosterland all rusty and out of timing in ring wise.