Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - November 18, 2020

MoS

1 hour ago, Migs said:

So, what we learned last night was that DDP's video company has a very weak HR department in terms of doing background checks on their hires and definitely struggles in handling low performing employees?

Likely the case. Also, "PMA" (Positive Mental Attitude) advocates always end up becoming pretty toxic or passive-aggressive. 

I will say Cody has a lot to work on and has said so publicly about how he talks to people especially over text especially now he's an executive.

People in AEW who have a neutral "Cody is Cody" opinion of him or a negative one have told me and others that they think very little of how Louie has conducted himself online in the last 24 hours. Also, wrestlers in AEW and WWE are just REALLY tired generally when it comes to the social media swarm or the immediate/unfair mobbing up by fans towards successful people. So Louie is getting the cold shoulder more than you might expect from people inside of Pro Wrestling who may have taken the opportunity to twist the knife with Cody.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, sek69 said:

I'm still confused with the Perez Hilton tweet. Is he saying Perez is a n-word who's also a f-word? To my knowledge dude isn't black so that would mean he can't even racist properly. 

Also that "wrestling custom" video is probably the least creepy thing women are asked to do for those and she probably enjoyed taking a break from being asked to poop in a box or whatnot. 

I think it means that Perez fucks black dudes?

1 hour ago, rovert said:

Likely the case. Also, "PMA" (Positive Mental Attitude) advocates always end up becoming pretty toxic or passive-aggressive. 

I will say Cody has a lot to work on and has said so publicly about how he talks to people especially over text especially now he's an executive.

People in AEW who have a neutral "Cody is Cody" opinion of him or a negative one have told me and others that they think very little of how Louie has conducted himself online in the last 24 hours. Also, wrestlers in AEW and WWE are just REALLY tired generally when it comes to the social media swarm or the immediate/unfair mobbing up by fans towards successful people. So Louie is getting the cold shoulder more than you might expect from people inside of Pro Wrestling who may have taken the opportunity to twist the knife with Cody.

Fwiw, he made his account private. To go from having 4k likes on a tweet, with everyone expressing sympathy, to getting dragged over the coals for the many many shitty things he said, enough to lock his account, within 12 hours is a spectacularly steep fall from grace. 

Imo the DDP company should still be investigated because pieces of shit can also be bullied and treated unfairly. But unfortunately, nothing will come out of this because his past actions cooked his goose and people stopped sympathising with him. 

3 hours ago, rovert said:

I mean, can you really blame the wrestlers for that? Some can't even tweet what they had for lunch without getting shit on by some fans.

15 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Does having repellent personal views mean this guy deserves to be bullied and gaslighted by his employers? Or provide reason to think he's lying about the abuse he received?

Apparently he was also a dick to Jake when his rehab was ongoing which he supposedly admitted on Reddit. Also apparently would send pics in his undies to women on Twitter and then later laugh it off 

This does not maae the bullying or the gaslighting right; as I mentioned above, there should still be an investigation about this, and everyone involved should be held accountable. But because he went from mega-face to super-heel so quickly, I don't think people are going to push the powers-that-be to do something about it. He just lost all sympathy and did so very quickly. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is 

So the most charitable explanation is most likely along the lines of this guy was one of DDP's projects and  he was doing some kind of tough love deal to help him shape up. 

Agree that in any case it should be fully investigated, but honestly this guy shows all the signs of the typical shithead who pulls the "it was just a prank bro" when called out on it.

That doesn't mean the guy should be bullied or gaslit of course, but after his true character apparently got revealed I'm hesitant to go on his word alone. 

On 11/20/2020 at 4:26 AM, cm funk said:

wow, my post putting over Pac seems really out of place in the midst of this whatever bullshit.. oooopps

Actually, it was bringing back the topic  into way more topical things. But what would be an AEW weekly thread without some bullshit drama, right ? :lol: Yeah, Pac coming back is awesome, good thing they are going back with the Triangle of Death, makes for a great feud against what's left of the Fam. Deeb and Rosa absolutely killed it, and it's quite interesting they are throwing Baker with Rosa. Honestly at this point, they almost make the NWA title more important than their own, but in the end you know it's all about Thunder Rosa (despite her contract, who can still call her a "NWA talent" at this point ? The NWA isn't running any shows, she's been a fixture from the AEW women division for weeks now, now she's paired up with Baker... Corgan, let her go already). Best part of the Vegas stuff was Wardlow and Hager having a punching jabronie contest and Konnan showing up (fuck, just sign him and have him manage Santana & Ortiz eventually). And the Young Bucks absolutely worked their magic, considering one of those brothers was the pretty crappy Air Wolf in MLW (indie guy playing third rate luchador). And Omega looked awesome. 

46 minutes ago, El-P said:

And the Young Bucks absolutely worked their magic, considering one of those brothers was the pretty crappy Air Wolf in MLW (indie guy playing third rate luchador). 

One of the upsides of tag team wrestling - guys who have some good qualities but can't really put a match together can more easily get slotted into a formula and structure. As a single, he was generic flippy guy #382, but as a tag team with his brother they have nice chemistry and played their part in the match really well.