KawadaSmile

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, rovert said:

Legitimately thought the nobody Q ref's first name was Drew, lol, and was wondering what happened between Bix and Drake Maverick...

There goes what I thought were my amazing DrewAnon and QWuertz nicknames. I was wondering why no one else on PWO was praising my wit. :P 

I hadn't seen that Bix article though. Very enlightening stuff, and downright scary that someone in a position of power in a major company (talent relations for NXT) believes all that crap and will likely use it to influence who is hired.  

19 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I find it wild how the dude basically reformed, getting himself out of an addiction slump and became a worse person in the process.

That really is the worst part. He should be the best kind of redemption story, guy cleaned himself up and got a nice gig with the largest company in his profession where he doesn't have to do deathmatch shit anymore, yet somehow he's become worse because of it. He's like bizarro world Nick Gage.

Also, people on Twitter said he was one of the biggest heels in sports history.

Wildly untrue. Was possibly the biggest face in history for not only Argentina, but for the city of Naples as well. Heck, even Brazilians kind of like him, despite him slapping our asses in the 1990 FIFA World Cup.

He scored a goal with an assist from God himself, brother!

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Wildly untrue. Was possibly the biggest face in history for not only Argentina, but for the city of Naples as well. Heck, even Brazilians kind of like him, despite him slapping our asses in the 1990 FIFA World Cup.

He was a heel to the English, and that's about it. Everyone else loved him. Like a 10,000 bigger version of 1997 Bret Hart

29 minutes ago, MoS said:

You can't really get too mad when you get beat by a GOAT. 

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

FUCK THIS

REST IN PEACE MARADONA

Bob Ryder (of 1Wrestling, WCW, ECW, and TNA) also passed away.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/impact-wrestling/2020/11/25/21719523/tna-founder-bob-ryder-dead

If there's a separate thread posted here, I think it should be started by a fan of his.

Edit: More info from Meltzer

in wrestling terms, the Brazil/Argentina '90 match was the young lion, after some piss-poor performances, finally getting their act together but being unable to keep the more experienced opposition down. it only took them one single shot: Maradona dribbled past 3 or 4 of our linesmen, and gifted Caniggia with a peachy pass.

10 minutes ago, El-P said:

Wow, that's a name I have known since probably day 1 of my online pro-wrestling fandom. That's sad. 

Bob Ryder seemingly had been around the business like forever. I at least remember that he was working for WCW in their final years and 1wrestling.com was my go-to site in the early 2000s.

48 minutes ago, MoS said:

He was a heel to the English, and that's about it. Everyone else loved him. Like a 10,000 bigger version of 1997 Bret Hart

Only if your name is Peter Shilton or were part of that team who lost in the World Cup quarter finals.  I've spoken with friends on the phone about him today and seen comments on message boards and have not seen one negative post about him.  Yes, for a period folk were pissed about Mexico '86, but his sheer talent, skill and couldn't give a fuckery won most folk over.  Watching clips on YouTube and his control of a football was second to none, plus he was tough as nails.  Check out clips from the Copa Del Ray in '84 against Bilbao, the Athletic team target him something rotten and he just gets up and carries on (until it all boils over).  He played in an era when players got little protection and someone as skillful as him got it worse than most.  The guy lived a colourful life and probably crammed several into those sixty years.

11 minutes ago, GSR said:

Only if your name is Peter Shilton or were part of that team who lost in the World Cup quarter finals.  I've spoken with friends on the phone about him today and seen comments on message boards and have not seen one negative post about him.  Yes, for a period folk were pissed about Mexico '86, but his sheer talent, skill and couldn't give a fuckery won most folk over.  Watching clips on YouTube and his control of a football was second to none, plus he was tough as nails.  Check out clips from the Copa Del Ray in '84 against Bilbao, the Athletic team target him something rotten and he just gets up and carries on (until it all boils over).  He played in an era when players got little protection and someone as skillful as him got it worse than most.  The guy lived a colourful life and probably crammed several into those sixty years.

I said it cuz the ones talking about him being heel were English people I follow like Allan, who also posts here. Not saying that the British did not like him; as you said, he was so good and so charismatic, it was almost impossible to not like him. 

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

Greatest babyface ever. The Bruno Sammartino of Naples. Let the English gammons seethe forever.