WWE TV 11/23 - 11/29 Lakers gonna three-peat

KawadaSmile

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I think the passing of time, plus the fact most people under the age of 40 weren't following football at the time, means that most people I know revere him as a genius, rather than a cheat. The fact Peter Shilton appeared in the Daily Mail yesterday still fuming about it is delightful though. 

Just now, ButchReedMark said:

Peter Shilton was overrated anyway. Hate him

To this day, his "efforts" during the World Cup '90 penalty shoot out against West Germany is a constant source of amusement amongst a group of friends.  So slow and old, the ball is already in the back of the net by the time he dives!

1 hour ago, El-P said:

This thread is like when it's the World Cup and everybody around you is talking about something you don't give a flying fuck about in a context where usually you don't have to listen to it. :lol: (damn, I wish that Covid thing had hit on a World Cup year instead)

Glad I'm not alone!

NXT had a ladder match between Pete Dunne and Kyle O'Reilly last night that was decent. Both took some stupid bumps. There was also a Tim Thatcher/Kushida match that I had really high hopes for, but unfortunately it never really got into that gear.

9 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

Glad I'm not alone!

NXT had a ladder match between Pete Dunne and Kyle O'Reilly last night that was decent. Both took some stupid bumps. There was also a Tim Thatcher/Kushida match that I had really high hopes for, but unfortunately it never really got into that gear.

what puzzles me about that ladder match is that they've done a similar angle so many damn times in the span of weeks.

are they literally reusing old scripts?

3 hours ago, El-P said:

This thread is like when it's the World Cup and everybody around you is talking about something you don't give a flying fuck about in a context where usually you don't have to listen to it. :lol: (damn, I wish that Covid thing had hit on a World Cup year instead)

Euro 2020 next year pal. I'll be posting non stop about Wales' March to elimination during the group stages. 

This isn't really groundbreaking news, bubba. I know that there are some dangers whenever any public figure passes away, specially those who inspired the strongest of feelings, but I believe most people are aware that he has done many, many bad things. He went to jail, had some issues with the mafia, plus the things you mentioned.

He himself didn't shy away from admitting to those things. Possibly could've and should've done a better job for attoning for them, but that's where the tragedy of his life lies. In some ways, he might be very similar to Ric Flair.

4 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

This isn't really groundbreaking news, bubba. I know that there are some dangers whenever any public figure passes away, specially those who inspired the strongest of feelings, but I believe most people are aware that he has done many, many bad things. He went to jail, had some issues with the mafia, plus the things you mentioned.

He himself didn't shy away from admitting to those things. Possibly could've and should've done a better job for attoning for them, but that's where the tragedy of his life lies. In some ways, he might be very similar to Ric Flair.

Pfft. 

Everyone knows Ric Flair would be Hal Robson Kanu