Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/30 - 12/06 Romain Grosjean with the big comeback spot of the weekend

KawadaSmile

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think pairing Blake & Cutler with King Corbin could be interesting. They both need to get the stench of being associated with Ryker and with a heat magnet like King Corbin, they'll at least be booed for the right reasons rather than just being paired with a dumbass like Ryker.

Also, it seemed like Dominick was chanelling his inner Rock with his outfit tonight and I'm stunned no one thought of giving him a fanny pack before coming out for Murphy's match.

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

Just look at Kevin Owens, who has a similar body type to Chris Hero and wears similar "t-shirt and baller shorts" gear as he did. It's done in a way that isn't unflattering to him. 

I've never been able to take Kevin Owens seriously specifically because of the way he looks. He was a pick-up basketball game dude with a beer gut. Even worse since using the Stunner but at least he's in better shape now. Definitely could have used real gear.

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

Just look at Kevin Owens, who has a similar body type to Chris Hero and wears similar "t-shirt and baller shorts" gear as he did. It's done in a way that isn't unflattering to him. 

I've never been able to take Kevin Owens seriously specifically because of the way he looks. He was a pick-up basketball game dude with a beer gut. Even worse since using the Stunner but at least he's in better shape now. Definitely could have used real gear.

I guess the idea is that Owens is the common man, so it would make sense to look like someone who came from the crowd. I mean, I'm not 100% against the t-shirt/shorts combo. Raven used JORTS and his look was iconic.

That is not to say his old singlet/tee or just singlet look wasn't better, though. Wish he used the former more.

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I guess the idea is that Owens is the common man, so it would make sense to look like someone who came from the crowd. I mean, I'm not 100% against the t-shirt/shorts combo. Raven used JORTS and his look was iconic.

That is not to say his old singlet/tee or just singlet look wasn't better, though. Wish he used the former more.

The Raven character doesn't work in trunks or a singlet though. You dress him like a traditional wrestler, and the character dies. Nothing in the Kevin Owens character requires him to dress like that, so it just ends up making it look like either A. He's a slob or B. They are trying to cover up him being fat.

Stone Cold Steve Austin also played the common everyday man. His entire feud was basically the working man being able to beat up his boss. And he would wear jorts & a t-shirt all the time. Sometimes even with like a camo jacket or camo hat. But he still put on ring gear for matches. I think that's the biggest difference for me.

Although Cena wrestled in the denim shorts & he did pretty OK for himself...