Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite 2nd December: WINTER IS HERE

FMKK

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t want Mox to lose just yet but suit-wearing, dickhead Omega has won me over these last few weeks. I’d be reluctant to switch the belt since I don’t think Omega has any face challengers lined up off the top of my head but it’s the first title match in a long time that I genuinely have no idea which way it’ll turn so I’m pumped.

8 minutes ago, Log said:

Man, Adam Page should not be getting eliminated by Matt Hardy. 

Completely agreed. Tbh I think they have overpushed Matt Hardy; he should not have beat Sammy twice in a row either. Unless this leads to Page quickly and definitively beating him in the coming few weeks, it's another Matt Hardy booking I think is wrong. 

I really love how they have followed up on Cassidy becoming a legit draw by putting him over strong and giving him important wins. If this was WWE of the last 10 years he would have been putting over someone on Main Event.

Am I wrong to not care about this match and view it as Jericho vs. a tomato can? 22 years and Frankie Kazarian is still an opening card guy.

This match happening for the "first time ever" means nothing to me. Roman Reigns vs. Gillberg would be "first time ever" too, but that doesn't mean I'd care.

Doesn't help that the match completely stunk. I don't know if it was a clash of styles or just Jericho getting older and slower, but this was not good.

4 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Am I wrong to not care about this match and view it as Jericho vs. a tomato can? 22 years and Frankie Kazarian is still an opening card guy.

You're wrong. Kazarian was one of the first tag champs and remains pretty over. Jericho would be the obvious favorite in the match, but he'd be the favorite against almost all of the roster.

5 minutes ago, C.S. said:

This match happening for the "first time ever" means nothing to me. Roman Reigns vs. Gillberg would be "first time ever" too, but that doesn't mean I'd care.

Doesn't help that the match completely stunk. I don't know if it was a clash of styles or just Jericho getting older and slower, but this was not good.

I am no one to tell someone they are wrong for their opinion about a wrestler, but Kazarian has been a high midcarder for basically all his life, and was the inaugural AEW tag champ. Comparing him to someone like Gillberg is quite insulting and unfair imo. Unless you think anyone who never worked in WWE is an opening card guy. 

Match was so-so but I lOVED the throwback to MJF throwing the towel for Cody. I am intrigued at how they develop this slow-burning angle

4 minutes ago, MoS said:

I am no one to tell someone they are wrong for their opinion about a wrestler, but Kazarian has been a high midcarder for basically all his life, and was the inaugural AEW tag champ. Comparing him to someone like Gillberg is quite insulting and unfair imo. Unless you think anyone who never worked in WWE is an opening card guy.

Kazarian actually had a cup of coffee with WWE in 2005. As I recall, he left because they wanted him to cut his hair and they refused.

4 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Kazarian actually had a cup of coffee with WWE in 2005. As I recall, he left because they wanted him to cut his hair and they refused.

Huh. You learn something new everyday. 2003-05 was the peak of WWE pushing big tall roided guys, so I am not surprised he was not considered a must-get.

20 minutes ago, MoS said:

Don't get me wrong: I don't hate Kazarian. I just don't think he's a credible opponent for Jericho. The result was obvious even before the match began. While that may be true for most of Jericho's AEW opponents, those matches weren't billed as "first time ever" like they're something special, which this wasn't IMO.

Also, I wasn't comparing Kazarian to Gillberg. Rather, I was just listing another "first time ever" match off the top of my head to highlight why that phrase doesn't necessarily mean anything.

BTW, Kazarian was in WWE. He was forced to cut his hair. He told them to shove it. Ironic, because he now has short hair. But I agree with him pushing back on what was one of the stupider "only Vince" policies in WWE. Everyone back then had short hair, or a version of it (except Triple H, of course), and most looked terrible. Christian is probably the only person that edict actually helped.

Just now, FMKK said:

Kazarian is a really solid veteran wrestler who can get a good match out of anyone and be credible enough without having to be pushed overly hard. Every roster should have guys like that.

Exactly. It wasn’t some hyped main event. The “first time ever” was just something to make it stand out a bit. I agree that the match wasn’t that good, but it’s not like it was what they’re selling the show on.