Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite 2nd December: WINTER IS HERE

FMKK

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here’s a little thing that sets AEW apart from WWE. When Sting went up to Darby, Allin didn’t cower or back down. He straightened up and stared him in the face. That’s a very small thing, but it puts their guy on the level of the returning legend instead of below him. 

(For the record, I’m not saying Allin is on the same level as Sting career-wise.)

EH, am I the only one to not feel too excited about this? Like fine, Sting is on TNT again, but, like, he is 60 years old and lost every match he had in his WWE run. 

Maybe all the old classic PWO threads here about Sting's worth as a hall of famer is making me feel this is an unnecessary over-investment. Now, if they had got Luger, that would be interesting

7 minutes ago, Log said:

@MoS have you seen Luger lately?

I actually had forgotten. Googled him. I stand corrected.

Man, what the fuck was the point of that Shida interview? It made her look like a complete chickenshit heel. That was so unfair to Shida, who has been such a good world champion. Is Omega still booking the women's division? Cuz it makes sense that he would book the big stars to be dorks, given he himself is the dork of dorks

1 minute ago, MoS said:

I actually had forgotten. Googled him. I stand corrected.

Man, what the fuck was the point of that Shida interview? It made her look like a complete chickenshit heel. That was so unfair to Shida, who has been such a good world champion. Is Omega still booking the women's division? Cuz it makes sense that he would book the big stars to be dorks, given he himself is the dork of dorks

I agree. At first I was glad when she said she’s just doing zombie cosplay. One of my least favorite things in wrestling right now is all the “scary” characters and their opponents having to act all freaked out by them. I’m a grown man. Some dude in a mask isn’t scary to me. If I’m a trained fighter, there’s no way in hell it’s be scary to me. 

But then they had her actually be scared because something fell? Dumb. 

The main event was not a great match (IMO), but man, what a great story.

(That describes the whole show, really. Matches were just okay, but some damn awesome developments.)

I am definitely intrigued.

Now, how the hell do I watch Impact? I don't have AXS. 

I’m not sure how I feel about that yet. I always remember something I read years back about one of the bigger Japanese promotions not being interested in some wrestler because he “had the stink of death match wrestling” on him or something to that effect.  

While it will definitely get wrestling fans talking, I’m not sure if AEW wants the “stink” of Impact on them. 

5 minutes ago, C.S. said:

The main event was not a great match (IMO), but man, what a great story.

(That describes the whole show, really. Matches were just okay, but some damn awesome developments.)

I am definitely intrigued.

Now, how the hell do I watch Impact? I don't have AXS. 

Pluto TV online carries Impact (it's free so no worries about illegal means to use)

In Canada, Fight Network & GameTV show Impact (FN in the regular Tuesday night timeslot; GameTV Saturday nights at 7 PM)

9 minutes ago, Log said:

While it will definitely get wrestling fans talking, I’m not sure if AEW wants the “stink” of Impact on them. 

I thought it was handled awesomely. Callis saying "find out this Tuesday" and then the interview saying, "You mean Wednesday?" and Callis correcting him with "No, this Tuesday on Impact."

7 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Conversely, this is Impact's chance to show a bigger audience that they aren't the same old LOLTNA (and they really aren't anymore).

Agreed. I'm intrigued. I just hope AXS (who? what?) isn't the only way to watch the show, because that's a network no one has heard of and even less people have, so generating interest doesn't help if no one can actually access your product. 

2 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Pluto TV online carries Impact (it's free so no worries about illegal means to use)

I thought Pluto only had old TNA/Impact shows?

Or did something change and they now have new episodes of Impact live or the following day?

Been a while since I've looked at the app.

Yeah but it should not be AEW's job to rehabilitate Impact. 

This feels so underwhelming to me. I will give it a chance but I dunno, this was not something that thrilled me. And yeah, Mox could have very easily pinned Omega and then beat him up. Or even got himself disqualified so he retained his title. This made him look like a stupid babyface, as @Dav'oh said, and it is my least favourite trope in modern wrestling. 

I know covid has destroyed all plans, but if they had to do an interpromotional angle, surely New Japan is 10000 times better than Impact, which will, fairly or unfairly, always have the stench of TNA attached to it?

I mean the story was Kenny could have won the first match but got cocky, now Mox did the same in the second one. Textbook storytelling to set up the rubber match IMO.

I'm sure in a perfect world they would have wanted to work this kind of angle with New Japan, but between covid and it not being clear if NJPW wants to play ball yet, it's just not feasible at this point.

Just tried Twitch to see if I could access Impact that way. Site and app are total trash, and Impact only does live feeds - nothing is archived (unless I'm missing something). WTF are they thinking?!

Edit: No Apple AirPlay functionality either, so I can't AirPlay it to my Roku. Instead, the app has its own casting system that wants access to my local network. How about no? Epic fail!

Next week, everyone will want to watch Impact and no one will be able to. Just kill this company, because it's already dead.

Impact airs their shows live on Twitch for free, but I think you need to sub to their channel to get access to the archives.

I'm pretty sure you can watch the archives on impactplus.tv, you have to make an account but you don't have to pay unless you want to go way back.