Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite 2nd December: WINTER IS HERE

FMKK

3 hours ago, FMKK said:

I have to say, it is kind of amusing that HHH's twenty year long-game to take over wrestling has completely run aground because of some smark with money, Dusty Rhodes sun and three gamer nerds.

That 0.42 demo rating is actually really cool. One can only hope that they were intrigued by the Impact angle, and not completely underwhelmed like I was

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exclusive: Backstage News On Plans For Crossover AEW - Impact Wrestling Match, Don Callis' Future - Wrestling Inc.

I'm praying this is accurate re the Impact thing. Callis as Omega's manager, a Good Brothers match with The Bucks and idk, Darby over TJP for the TNT title on TV is about as much as I need to see. And even then, I'd prefer MCMG to Good Brothers. 

AEW was ready to rock the boat and while there's no telling what this will lead to with TNA it's sparked discussion and speculation. I trust Don Callis will be a wonderful fit and will know how to play his role effectively and only enhance Kenny's image.

It's refreshing to see a promotion strike while the iron is hot. Logic would dictate that Omega/Moxley is a PPV match, but it would have been so difficult to put together compelling television between those dates. This move spices the promotion up and ensures fans will be talking about it over the holiday break.

57 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Exclusive: Backstage News On Plans For Crossover AEW - Impact Wrestling Match, Don Callis' Future - Wrestling Inc.

I'm praying this is accurate re the Impact thing. Callis as Omega's manager, a Good Brothers match with The Bucks and idk, Darby over TJP for the TNT title on TV is about as much as I need to see. And even then, I'd prefer MCMG to Good Brothers. 

Even if it's just a one-off and we end up only having a handful of things, that would be awesome. I miss Don Callis in a managerial role (loved him as Cyrus in ECW with The Network) and that's something that would be so much fun to have.

The weird thing about that article is how they mention Callis' deal is up and assuming Impact is just going to allow one of their EVPs to walk away to become a manager in AEW, which seems.....unlikely? I mean maybe that's what will happen, but it seems odd that Impact wouldn't make a play for a guy that has done the work to rebuild them from the LOLTNA days.

4 hours ago, Big Pete said:

AEW was ready to rock the boat and while there's no telling what this will lead to with TNA it's sparked discussion and speculation. I trust Don Callis will be a wonderful fit and will know how to play his role effectively and only enhance Kenny's image.

It's refreshing to see a promotion strike while the iron is hot. Logic would dictate that Omega/Moxley is a PPV match, but it would have been so difficult to put together compelling television between those dates. This move spices the promotion up and ensures fans will be talking about it over the holiday break.

It goes back to the best thing about AEW - they learn. The shows after Full Gear last year were a bore because they were desperately trying to stretch stuff out to Revolution. So this year they flipped the script, set up a hot angle that will push the company forward for a while and avoid a December doldrum, without burning the angles they need for the next PPV.

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

The weird thing about that article is how they mention Callis' deal is up and assuming Impact is just going to allow one of their EVPs to walk away to become a manager in AEW, which seems.....unlikely? I mean maybe that's what will happen, but it seems odd that Impact wouldn't make a play for a guy that has done the work to rebuild them from the LOLTNA days.

Or maybe it just won't be a one-off thing between Impact and AEW after all. With all the buzz this has created over the past few days, both promotions would be crazy to not capitalize from it to last only until let's say the end of this year.

16 hours ago, sek69 said:

What is there to 'let' happen? If Callis doesn't resign then they can't really force him. I'm sure they'll make a play and maybe he likes being a power broken but it's a much easier job to hang out with his buddy Kenny than to try and run a promotion. Could be he's doing them a favour by getting them some huge buzz on his way out the door.

The story that was linked above made it sound like a done deal he was leaving, and I was just stating that I think that they would make some sort of attempt to have him stay. I mean, maybe he would rather hang out with Kenny and he's tired of being the boss, but being an EVP for Impact is kind of an easy gig too since there's basically zero expectations and if you manage to do anything positive (like say, get the company involved in a major angle with the #2 promotion on their biggest TV show ever) you're seen as a miracle worker.