Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/7-12/13 Congrats to Becky and Seth

sek69

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

The greatest commentator of this or any generation, Mauro Ranallo, addresses his exit from WWE.

https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1213230-mauro-ranallo-wwe-became-too-much-for-me-calls-nxt-his-vision

I love that the first comment on that story was a WWE bot claiming Mauro will never get another gig as good as WWE.....dude he just called that Tyson/Jones fight and can pretty much have any boxing or MMA gig he wants. It's amazing how well WWE has convinced people anything outside their company doesn't exist.

3 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I love that the first comment on that story was a WWE bot claiming Mauro will never get another gig as good as WWE.....dude he just called that Tyson/Jones fight and can pretty much have any boxing or MMA gig he wants. It's amazing how well WWE has convinced people anything outside their company doesn't exist.

Because most rasslin' fans are deep in the bubble.

Even I have to admit I had no idea he was commentating Tyson/Jones. I would've ordered it if I had known that. B)

But yeah, there's definitely a whole wide world outside of WWE.

I can see him ending up in AEW down the road, if that's what he wants. But he may not, since he's a professional sports broadcaster too, which is a role that gives him more credibility and presumably less BS and less mental health triggers to deal with. 

It sometimes feels WWE is run like a frat house instead of a professional organization.

8 minutes ago, sek69 said:

For a second I thought they were going to do a bit where Jeff ate one of Riddle's donuts then came out all stoned as a spoof of the infamous TNA match with Sting.

I've never wanted anything more in my life than I want that.

So it occurred to me how much of a pain in the ass getting to the new Thunderdome will be for talent. Amway Arena is basically in downtown Orlando, and most of the talent lives around the area due to the PC being nearby. Tropicana Field is in St. Petersburg, which is about 2 hours away in an area so remote the Rays couldn't pay baseball fans to attend games there even when the team would be competitive. I suppose at least it will curb the covid-spreading clubbing they do since by all accounts from the locals there's approximately dick all to do in the surrounding area. 

"Roux" means "redhead" in French. It's the masculine form of the word too (Becky is "rousse"). And no, you don't pronounce the X at the end. It also pronounces exactly like the word that means "wheel" (roue). Basically, "ru" in English, like Ruth, but without the th... So there. I guess in the US it's exotic or something (that girl is gonna hear the question "How do you write it ?" a billion times). In France it would sound pretty stupid/odd, like someone called "Blonde" or something.

Back in WCW, Lash LeRoux = Lash TheRedhead.

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

So it occurred to me how much of a pain in the ass getting to the new Thunderdome will be for talent. Amway Arena is basically in downtown Orlando, and most of the talent lives around the area due to the PC being nearby. Tropicana Field is in St. Petersburg, which is about 2 hours away in an area so remote the Rays couldn't pay baseball fans to attend games there even when the team would be competitive. I suppose at least it will curb the covid-spreading clubbing they do since by all accounts from the locals there's approximately dick all to do in the surrounding area. 

It's not bad as a downtown. It's just at least a 30 minute drive from any other downtown. But it is a decent drive from the P.C.

3 hours ago, FMKK said:

The Randy Orton debate: Wrestling Observer Radio - YouTube

It's hilarious that the penny finally dropped for Dave that Orton kinda stinks after about 15 years of hyping him up so much

I listened to a little of that, and putting aside that there's literally no video proof that Ray Stevens was more than Ok because that's a personal bugbear, it's interesting the things he lists at the beginning are ... "All of his stuff looks good, his timing is good, and he doesn't make mistakes."

Basically just mechanics.

It's also interesting when he goes about what makes for greatness other than that.

• What are the list of great matches?
  • Does he draw a ton?
  • Does he make anyone on the roster look great?
  • Do people get excited and think "oh man, this will be good" when he comes out?