Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - December 9, 2020

MoS

2 minutes ago, Log said:

The announcers are way overselling how dastardly what Callas and Omega did was. They just cheated in a wrestling match. That happens multiple times every week. 

They cheated and went on another company's TV show with the belt. That's the kind of stuff Vince screwed Bret to keep from happening!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main event was a really good match with a really lame finish. This was the weakest Dynamite episode in a long time. I liked the Inner Circle stuff and Kingston and Archer are always a great watch, but I didn't like so many of the segments and some potential directions of angles.

21 minutes ago, MoS said:

I am sure a lot of Omega fans will praise this promo to high heavens, but I thought it was a weak, lame promo. The idea that this is the new Bock-Heenan is genuinely insulting in my opinion. Callis was still fine, Omega was just bad

It was awful. Basically an inferior regurgitation of their Impact promo, which was fantastic.

The whole show sucked, except for maybe the Inner Circle segment, and even that was strained ha ha comedy at times.

haha I am glad to see I am not the only one who thought this episode was weak and that the Omega/Callis partnership under-delivered on this Dynamite episode. I like what I like and I won't make any apologies for it, but the Twitter consensus has been so overwhelming in the opposite direction, I was beginning to feel like I am a WWE fanboy who just hates AEW; and anyone who has seen my posts about WWE and AEW knows that is not the case haha

I was just reading @EricR’s workfare report over at Seguna Caida and was reminded of something I was thinking about last night: what the fuck was up with Butcher and Blade? They both looked like they were working their first match out there. They both (Butcher especially) seemed to be totally lost for pretty much the whole match. Kingston seemed to be trying to direct traffic, but they would just freeze. It was weird. 

Also, I’m going to run this into the ground, but for fuck’s sake, stop making wrestlers (especially your champions!!!!) act afraid of other wrestlers in horror cosplay! It’s dumb. 

Alex Reynolds Says He Wasn't Knocked Out In AEW Bout, Corner Drag Spot Was Planned

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/alex-reynolds-says-he-wasn-t-knocked-out-aew-bout-corner-drag-spot-was-planned?utm_source=TW-FightfulWrestling&utm_medium=Fightful Wrestling News&utm_campaign=dlvr.it.organic

This doesn't sound credible no matter how you approach this.

That’ll be why he hasn’t wrestled since then and Silver got a mini singles push, obviously.

I thought this show started well enough with that ridiculous opener and then got steadily worse. The Shaq/Brandi stuff was muddled, as was the Cody/Sting angle. Sting can’t possibly be a heel, I can see Shaq being the babyface but Cargill definitely isn’t but Brandi is acting heelish despite having a broken arm. Let’s streamline this thing a bit. At least it’s giving a lot of the women something to do.

What’s the deal with Santana? Is he carrying an injury? Or something more personal since he’s been in the pre-tapes (I believe) but hasn’t actually appeared in-ring since the Best Friends match, I believe.

There’s only so much goodwill they get from delaying the Omega announcement across two separate shows. Moxley coming back next week, driving through that gap in the stadium, of course, seems like an obvious angle.

For some reason, the live Dynamite shows always feel better paced than their taped shows.

15 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Santana posed his stepfather passed away recently so he's been dealing with that. 

Seems like he's had a nightmare year from a personal POV (on top of everything else). Right before Christmas as well, awful.

I'm glad they've done another great rating but it feels like a lot of this show was built on promos that would deliver clarifications or further directions on storylines and not a single one did that.

On 12/9/2020 at 9:41 PM, Log said:

The announcers are way overselling how dastardly what Callas and Omega did was. They just cheated in a wrestling match. That happens multiple times every week. 

Thank you. This is what I'm continuing to struggle with. No problem with Omega going full heel aligning with Don Callis. But I'm left scratching my head at continued references to this being a screwjob; planning this for years; the worst thing that Schiavone has ever seen in wrestling, etc. I get appearing on a competitor's show is bad, but Omega didn't align himself with Impact.