Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/14 - 12/20 *vacated space*

KawadaSmile

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost tempted to watch some of this dreck but that would defeat the purpose of having it on DVR and being able to plow through the entire show in under an hour.

Its hardly breaking news, but it remains striking just far the work of AJ Styles and Shuji Ishikawa have fallen since being two of the best in the world just 3-4 years ago.  Styles seemingly has a few more rabbits left to pull from his hat than Shuji, but both are very much at the stage of their careers where they're signing for the veteran minimum to chase a ring rather than pieces you build around.

1 hour ago, WingedEagle said:

I'm almost tempted to watch some of this dreck but that would defeat the purpose of having it on DVR and being able to plow through the entire show in under an hour.

Its hardly breaking news, but it remains striking just far the work of AJ Styles and Shuji Ishikawa have fallen since being two of the best in the world just 3-4 years ago.  Styles seemingly has a few more rabbits left to pull from his hat than Shuji, but both are very much at the stage of their careers where they're signing for the veteran minimum to chase a ring rather than pieces you build around.

Which is funny because AJ is solidly in the "guy getting the large payday for stuff he did years ago" phase of his career since by all accounts he was supposed to do the Lex Luger spot on the debut episode of Dynamite but WWE gave him a stupidly large offer to stay. 

2 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

Shuji is still fine in tags but his singles matches have not been consistently any good since the second Kento TC match in 2017. He just feels so tired to me, especially compared to his partner SUWAMA who despite being in AJPW far longer and being a lot slower than he used to still feels like he has more to give.

As for Styles I haven't seen anything of his since the Nakamura match at mania and he looked lethargic to me then, if it is worse now then it would strike me as sad.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Which is funny because AJ is solidly in the "guy getting the large payday for stuff he did years ago" phase of his career since by all accounts he was supposed to do the Lex Luger spot on the debut episode of Dynamite but WWE gave him a stupidly large offer to stay. 

Where is this from? There was no reason whatsoever to believe that AJ was looking to leave WWE around that time. If anything, he was just coming off a really hot run. 

Don't worry, help is on the way. Lana being taken out of the TLC tag and replaced by a mystery partner seems like an obvious setup for Charlotte to return. I wouldn't put it past her to try for a Hogan-style power play where she sits out the worst time of the year for ratings and comes back in time to take credit for the turnaround.

50 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Where is this from? There was no reason whatsoever to believe that AJ was looking to leave WWE around that time. If anything, he was just coming off a really hot run. 

When the Good Brothers did their "I can't believe we re signed with WWE instead of leaving" tour, they talked with the Bucks where they laid out what the plan would have been had they showed up on Dynamite. It was heavily implied that AJ was going to be with them when it happened.

28 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Don't worry, help is on the way. Lana being taken out of the TLC tag and replaced by a mystery partner seems like an obvious setup for Charlotte to return. I wouldn't put it past her to try for a Hogan-style power play where she sits out the worst time of the year for ratings and comes back in time to take credit for the turnaround.

Never has a pregnancy been better planned than Becky's, at least in terms of wrestling.

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

She'd be better off returning at the Rumble than TLC then, since WWE's ratings historically go up during the road to WM 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Yeah I'd expect Charlotte to be savvy to not waste her big return as a last minute replacement on a B level PPV. 

If anything, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they do some kind of pre-match attack on Asuka to remove her altogether and have Mandy Rose & Dana Brooke being the challengers instead.

I have genuine IRL sympathy for her, if that's worth anything

Changing topic....wtf is up with Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir?  I play WWE Supercard and I just pulled a new S7 Duke card...which means she's still under contract (they remove anyone who's cut or leaves from the draft board) but they don't do jack shit with either of them.  I've always assumed they signed for about 100k a year and WWE just lets it roll over and refuses to cut them because they hold on hope of working with Ronda again, and they basically just sit at home and collect checks.  Am I wrong?

6 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I'm only half-joking when I say that FOX has a hand in booking Smackdown.

Well supposedly Reigns and Heyman lobbied to have The Fiend drafted to Raw so that they could avoid a programme with him. Paul still knows how to play this game.

4 hours ago, cm funk said:

I have genuine IRL sympathy for her, if that's worth anything

Changing topic....wtf is up with Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir?  I play WWE Supercard and I just pulled a new S7 Duke card...which means she's still under contract (they remove anyone who's cut or leaves from the draft board) but they don't do jack shit with either of them.  I've always assumed they signed for about 100k a year and WWE just lets it roll over and refuses to cut them because they hold on hope of working with Ronda again, and they basically just sit at home and collect checks.  Am I wrong?

I guess the moment RAW Underground died, so did the hope of TV time for many.