Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/21 - 12/27 Happy Holidays! Mario Odyssey is pretty fucking great!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

To be fair, he takes extended breaks from social media so it's possible he might not be aware of all the hijinks that ensued surrounding him.

That is probably the case, or he probably only heard about the Trump supporter part and not this...

8 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

I grabbed a Switch a couple years back, but could never get the hang of the controls and ended up giving it to a cousin.  Too many years invested in PS3/4/5 muscle memory for this old man to learn new tricks.

The Pro Controller is actually really good if you have the version that can work with the TV. I am more of a PC gamer so mouse and keyboard are what I am used to now. 

I actually just played Odyssey with the 8 year old. She controlled the hat. I controlled Mario. It was surprisingly engaging as a co-op experience despite that. I actually couldn't imagine playing the thing on my own, though of course, most people experience it that way. New Donk City was indeed great but it'd have been better if it was the whole game and about ten times larger. Very fun time. Now she's doing great on the Link's Awakening remaster, which is her first Zelda game.

The weirdest thing about this Raw was that there was no Dave Meltzer to review it on Radio. His mom passed away yesterday and thus he obviously couldn't do a radio show. It really makes you admire someone who has been so professional and stuck to his duties and obligations as thoroughly as Dave has over the years, despite all the disruptions in his personal life. Commiserations to Dave, much love and support to him, and I applaud him for not committing a crime on his already traumatised brain by watching fucking Monday Night Raw in December 2020. 

11 hours ago, MoS said:

The weirdest thing about this Raw was that there was no Dave Meltzer to review it on Radio. His mom passed away yesterday and thus he obviously couldn't do a radio show. It really makes you admire someone who has been so professional and stuck to his duties and obligations as thoroughly as Dave has over the years, despite all the disruptions in his personal life. Commiserations to Dave, much love and support to him, and I applaud him for not committing a crime on his already traumatised brain by watching fucking Monday Night Raw in December 2020. 

i mean the episode wasn't bad per se, but if it didn't exist nothing would've changed, and he clearly has more important things going on right now.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

i mean the episode wasn't bad per se, but if it didn't exist nothing would've changed, and he clearly has more important things going on right now.

Yeah but this is the episode after the Lowest Rating of All Time that was so upsetting to people in the company they promptly went out there and put on the most boring, ineffectual show possible. Despite all the newz sites saying WWE "clearly got the message". For it to be such a blasé show in that context is kind of alarming. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Yeah but this is the episode after the Lowest Rating of All Time that was so upsetting to people in the company they promptly went out there and put on the most boring, ineffectual show possible. Despite all the newz sites saying WWE "clearly got the message". For it to be such a blasé show in that context is kind of alarming. 

It's not like WWE doesn't have a history of putting filler shows during the Holidays anyway. Besides, we've already noticed that WWE is going back to dusting off Legends & Hall of Famers again for a themed RAW to try popping a rating again.

Vince has always had 3 safety blankets when he's on panic mode in the past couple of years: Roman Reigns, Charlotte Flair and the Legends. One is definitely justified at the moment as he's the most talked about on Smackdown brand. For the 2 others, that's questionable.

4 hours ago, jiraffejustin said:

Say what you want about Roman, but his current run as champ is one of the worst drawing titles runs of all-time. He just isn't putting asses in seats. 

That's the thing that has been totally ignored by the "poor ol' Roman" crowd. Roman as a top guy has been a complete and utter failure from day 1. He's been shoved down the throats of the audience for years despite the audience not wanting him (and let's not go into the "but the Shield was over"... sure, well, Mox has been a success in AEW, so there), which contributed to the trolling policy of the company, which has tremendously hurt them in the long run and has drove people away. And now that he's having his best run as a character, he's not drawing jackshit either (sure, the context doesn't help, but it helps no one). Whatever one thinks about Roman as a performer, the fact remains that he's been a miserable failure on top and *his years* are those of the WWE totally losing the sense of its own audience.

I'm not watching NXT, but whatever is happening has got Bryan Alvarez more drunk than Devdas, and it's led to him FINALLY being entertaining for the first time in his long life. 

As I said, first time he's ever been entertaining. Also more entertaining than whatever is happening on the pedo show. 

Happy holidays everyone! I hope you enjoy as much as Bryan is clearly enjoying

On 12/22/2020 at 10:50 PM, sek69 said:

It was funny to hear Bryan deadpan on the show "He can take as much time as he likes, but this is Dave so he'll probably be back on Wednesday".

Dave was in fact back on Wednesday as it turned out.  Bryan made a joke that he half expected Dave to do the Monday show, to which Dave said he probably would have but he passed out after having to deal with hi son having to go to the hospital for an intestinal blockage and that his son's girlfriend was diagnosed with COVID.  2020 is apparently spending its last week beating the shit out of poor Dave.

I haven’t watched NXT in months, but I flipped over to it this week. I came in for the Rhea pull-apart “brawl”. Jesus. Those were some shitty strikes. Also the worst “hold me back” acting I’ve seen. For all of the shit AEW got last year for that Dark Order beat down (rightfully so), this may have been worse.