Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/28 - 01/03 RIP Brodie Lee

KawadaSmile

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Man, if only Nia could learn to work even a little....she's got pretty much everything else figured out.

In this situation it's up to the road agent to build a match that circumvents her weaknesses. I agree that her on-screen persona has improved massively, and while I defend her as being passable someone should agent her matches better.

This Alexa Bliss shit is putrid. I had turned on Raw cuz India beat Australia in test cricket in Australia, something that's exceedingly rare, so I was in a good mood. That didn't last. It's like an e-grade horror script adapted by middle-school theatre writers featuring a bunch of untrained actors. It's just awful

It was so typical WWE. At first it was awesome having Alexa call Randy out on his bullshit, and if they would have ended it there it would have been great. Instead they did the WWE thing of having segments like this last about 2 minutes too long and we got that stupid ass ending.

What bothers me is how nonchalant nearly everyone is about Fiend/Alexa/Orton. Orton burns Fiend to a crisp and is tormenting Alexa, who's clearly suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Despite how off the wall it is, Orton is being consistent. Part of him would happily torch Alexa, but he enjoys being a sadist towards her even more. That's who he's been for over 15 years, an unrepentant sociopath.

But no one beyond commentary cares. McIntyre was all gun-ho to save legendary wrestlers from Orton, but he doesn't even blink an eye toward a fellow wrestler dousing herself in gasoline so she can join her abusive boyfriend in Hell? Why isn't Adam Pearce trying to intervene? There's no way a story that big should be self-contained. They can't even be bothered to carry the story to RAW Talk for a few minutes, when Alexa should have been screaming, either for Orton to set her on fire or from him actually doing it.

Thing is, it's the biggest story RAW has going. And as wacky as it is, they're invested in making it work. Everything else is just paint by numbers. I can't say RAW is actively bad. It's just dull.

9 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Also worth noting that some wrestlers like Big E, Woods and Eddie Kingston being so upfront about their emotions, not being ashamed of crying and showing vulnerability is something great. More people should be like that.

Haven't looked at the video yet, but I assume you mean Kofi Kingston? Eddie Kingston appearing on a WWE video for any reason would be huge news.

I'm glad Sonya Deville is back after the hell she went through this year. Not sure if it's full time or not. The Owens/Roman feud continues to rule. As did Bryan/Gable/Otis doing the three amigos dance.

As for NXT, It was basically a show to build to next week. Was kinda surprised Dunne beat Roddy clean. Io won all the NXT awards she was up for and Shotzi won breakout star of the year.

12 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

There were literally zero posts about NXT and I truly have no idea what even happened. It's not consequential.

Tbf, presumably even the regular NXT watchers were checking out the Brodie tribute show this week. Certainly all the WWE wrestlers were.

23 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

Was kinda surprised Dunne beat Roddy clean

23 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Indeed an interesting booking decision to have Roddy put Dunne over, considering that Adam Cole is apparently teaming up with Roddy for the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. I would've thought they'd give Roddy some momentum going into that.

Dunne is a future main eventer. Roddy, well, is not. In the big picture (which I realize isn't always something WWE does well), a Dunne win makes sense. Plus, The Undisputed Era defeated Team McAfee at WarGames, so this result could be looked at as the usual 50-50 booking. Either way, I suspect we've all given it a lot more thought than anyone in NXT has.