Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - New Year's Smash day 2 - January 13, 2021

MoS

So Jericho apparently had the rona back in September. Between him constantly pushing COVID conspiracies and his "I am apolitical except for all the times I gave money to Trump" deal, it will be interesting to see when he becomes a liability to AEW

HOW EXACTLY DO YOU HAVE THAT STUPID BRANDI CARGILL THING AS A NOMINATION FOR BEST MOMENT ON THE MIC BUT NONE OF KINGSTON'S PROMOS. I swear to God that as good as Brandi is at certain things, she is slowly really living up to the Stephanie McMahon comparisons. It's annoying as fuck

1 minute ago, Log said:

I thought the singing along to Judas thing was kinda cool when it was an organic thing that the crowd started doing. I HATE the wrestlers at ringside doing it. 

This show is also taped, and I got the feeling that the fans were not really singing along, and they added a couple of individuals singing along in post-production

Why would Omega fuck with the Bucks for no reason, right after aligning with them last week? Why do the Elite overcomplicate their booking, every single time, making it contrived and turning a surefire hot angle flat? This has been a consistent theme with the Bucks and Omega in the last 10 months or so. It was so with the Hangman angle, where I was told that I was complaining prematurely cuz surely the payoff would be great, and of course, there wasn't any payoff. It's now happening with Omega just dicking around with the Bucks. It's wrestling, STOP OVERTHINKING IT

Eh, I like it better that they’re not just suddenly all teaming up. I thought it was a little abrupt that they all joined up last week. 

Someone needs to tell Omega that if he wants to keep talking during matches, he either needs to speak up or enunciate better so that we can tell what the fuck he’s saying. 

I do think one issue with all of The Elite stuff is that we never really got a period where they were all together. Like, for a few months when AEW started, it would’ve been good to have them all chummy and doing well, then start showing cracks. They pretty much started the promotion with them not being 100% together. 

Jade Cargill is absolutely terrible at cutting promos and anyone who has ever booked her to cut one should be fired.

1 minute ago, Log said:

Goddammit. Jade has a AMAZING look and may be able to go in the ring (I have no idea), but they need to keep her off the mic. 

If anyone could have used a manager, it is Jade. Not Nia, who can cut great promos by herself and don't need a mouthpiece

2 minutes ago, MoS said:

Deeb-Conti was excellent. How many great matches in the AEW women's division are now due to Serena Deeb? She is awesome

I was thinking the same thing. She’s had really good matches with a few women who I haven’t seen have really good matches with anyone else.