Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - New Year's Smash day 2 - January 13, 2021

MoS

I really like Darby Allin. I think his psychology and his ability to tell a story in the ring is light years ahead of most of the AEW roster. I tend not to like smaller modern wrestlers simply because they tend not to work from underneath properly. Not Darby. He presents himself as the consummate under dog as he out maneuvers and  out thinks  taller, larger, stronger challengers on TV every week. Its such a much better approach then so many other small guys in AEW who just go out do a bunch of cool shit with little rhyme or reason and call it a match. 

Quite the main event indeed. I did not remember about the crucifix deal although the move attempt looked familiar. Best Brian Cage match since the last Sami Callihan match in IMPACT, in a totally reversed role (he was a fiery babyface there). Darby is kinda the best mix of Mick Foley, Raven and.... even Jeff Hardy (yeah, that's me saying this) ever.

Loving every minute of the Bullet Club/Elite drama. As soon as Callis got the mic, I saw the thing coming. Brillantly done. I love the reaction by Matt backstage, going "ok, whatever, you got us this time, that's cute". Of course The Bucks aren't gonna "turn" on Omega just because of this. And they did not "join" anything last week either, it's the Bullet Club, it's years and years of history and relationship, plus the stuff on BTE last week hinted at the direction they are going into (Bucks unsure about the Good Brothers real intentions). This is layered booking with people acting like human beings not simplistic heel/face turns and that's exactly what you're gonna get from the Elite everytime. And this is what I wanted from AEW, as opposed to...

...Jade Cargill. Ok, I get it, the whole "amazon look" thingy + mainstream star program. That being said, that ship has sailed as far as I'm concerned, in today's landscape (especially in a promotion like AEW) if you can't work, you won't get over. Has Cargill even had one match yet ? She's a total rookie, and usually people with her kind of body aren't the best suited for being good workers (yeah, I know, Brian Cage is right there but he's an oddity). She obviously can't talk worth a shit as it's been shown, so at this point she's basically a bodybuilder/fitness model body. In 2021 ? Hey, maybe she'll learn and be a good worker, but she has no business being on TV *now*, much less in a major angle.

Serena Deeb owns this women division, just give her the belt that matters. Really good match with Tay Conti, who's still learning but looks like money already. Her and Anna Jay are definitely the young girls to watch, they both got huge potentials. It's kinda cool and expected that the Dark Order is de facto becoming some sort of "babyface" group, or at least the group we saw on BTE.

Tully posting Marco was such a dick move.:lol: Come on Tully ! 

The whole Inner Circle segment was gold. "Come on you're booing food ?", "Sammy Hager ! Sammy Hager ?! Ok nevermind...", and at the end Hager almost burst out laughing when MJF did the "Championship !" bit.

Enjoyable episode of Dynamite. Glad Miro is being presented as the monster he’s supposed to has been. Not sure as to why you start now teasing dissension with the Bucks/Omega but we’ll see where it goes. Also would’ve been cool to see Rich Swann/MCMG to show up during the pull apart. Tay Conti had the her best match in her career so far with Serena Deeb who continues to show she is one of the best woman in the world. Make her versus Shida happen asap. The main event was hella fun, Cage being the big bully and Allin doing creative spots and playing the underdog was perfect.