Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/18 - 01/24 Brazil's president is annoyed that people started getting vaccinated

KawadaSmile

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything about the Fiend Cinematic Universe sucks donkey balls. Watching Raw is waterboarding basically.

I watched Bryan-Cesaro from last week's SD. Daniel Bryan is having incredible matches in 2021, 20 years after he had his first incredible match. GOAT

LITERALLY NONE OF YOU FUCKERS WILL UNDERSTAND THIS BUT I HAVE TO SHARE THIS. THE INDIAN MALE TEST CRICKET TEAM BEAT A FULL-STRENGTH AUSSIE MALE CRICKET TEAM IN A TEST CRICKET SERIES, DESTROYING THEIR DECADES LONG DOMINANCE AT A GROUND, WHILE FIELDING A SECOND ELEVEN SIDE!! FUCK YEAH BITCHES WE DID IT, FUCK YEAH I AM IRRATIONALLY HAPPY, I LOVE ALL YOU BROTHERS SO FUCKING MUCH <3 <3 <3 

6 hours ago, MoS said:

LITERALLY NONE OF YOU FUCKERS WILL UNDERSTAND THIS BUT I HAVE TO SHARE THIS. THE INDIAN MALE TEST CRICKET TEAM BEAT A FULL-STRENGTH AUSSIE MALE CRICKET TEAM IN A TEST CRICKET SERIES, DESTROYING THEIR DECADES LONG DOMINANCE AT A GROUND, WHILE FIELDING A SECOND ELEVEN SIDE!! FUCK YEAH BITCHES WE DID IT, FUCK YEAH I AM IRRATIONALLY HAPPY, I LOVE ALL YOU BROTHERS SO FUCKING MUCH <3 <3 <3 

would you say it's like maven eliminating the undertaker from the royal rumble?

Well, thanks to Youtube I have actually watched that segment, I mean, you people made it sound like it was so wacky I could actually enjoy it.

Holy fuck.

This is wretched. Everything about it. I loved Alexa Bliss years ago when she was rolling over everyone. What have they turned her into ? Seriously, Bray Wyatt's ideas are like the worst shit ever. He's Russo with ambition in term of having "ideas". 

EDIT : and I had not seen the match where Alexa is basically inhabited by Wyatt !:lol: This is all-time WCW level "This is not hot" garbage.

Edited by El-P

58 minutes ago, El-P said:

I loved Alexa Bliss years ago when she was rolling over everyone.

It produced nothing but terrible matches and killed off everyone she feuded with, but it was great otherwise. In fact, looking back, she was basically a proto-Fiend minus the supernatural garbage. This current storyline is unspeakably awful, but that's no reason to romanticize Alexa's 2017 reign of terror.

Yea, I'm going to second El-P on this. I found her matches with Banks, Becky, Charlotte, Naomi, and the Mania match against Nia Jax to be all quite good. And I totally get the argument that, given the same opportunities, a more experienced, more technically skilled wrestler might have performed the same exact gimmick and gotten it over even more, but its not quite fair to judge the reality (Alexa Bliss) against some hypothetical version of it that they could've done with Emma or Candice LeRae or whatever other wrestler with a similar look/gimmick.

Now this shit right here, though, it just seems off by a little. I like her commitment and I do think there was, inititally, some interesting avenues to explore with Bliss and Bray Wyatt...but like most things with Bray, it strikes me that they had half an idea and then ran with it. We're now months into this weird alliance and it has steadily become less interesting. Adding her character into the mix should've meant a raising of the stakes, a new wrinkle to the mystique, or a way for Wyatt to terrorize the company in all new ways - which is what I think they meant to happen but thought they could skip steps along the way and hope that Alexa on a swing would count as character development.

Yeah, when they first started with the Alexa/Bray alliance, it was actually decent. She was pulling off some stuff like looking hypnotized or under a supernatural influence, and most important, it was the development of a storyline.

Now, she apparently gets +20 to all her stats under pink lights much like Bray got his boost under red lights. Asuka, who was built for years as a world beater is now scared of maybe the lightest of the lightweights in the division, and she can't handle her offense. I get the idea, but it's so poorly executed.

It also highlights one of the worst things regarding Alexa's run. She's often the smallest person in the match and many, many times, she's booked to have the upper hand going against her opponents straight up. Nia had to sell her offense and that's less than ideal.

But truth be told, RAW has been an absolute black hole of ideas. NOTHING progresses, or it does so at a snail's pace. It's the worst kind of program you could have.

SmackDown doesn't even seem to be under the same company umbrella at times, such is the difference in creative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Cy_Qlh7VM&amp;t=30s

I think of this video a lot when I think of WWE's booking for the last few years.  I don't want to get into a debate on what the author of the video is saying (Snyder's filmmaking vs. Marvel movies).  But, I think WWE's issue is what he talks about here.  They are trying to create moments, and that's it.  

They've always done this, but the moments used to come at key points in a story.  Take the Megapowers story, for example.  There are multiple iconic moments in this story.  First, there's Honky Tonk Man throwing Liz to the ground.  Then, there's Liz leading Hogan down to save Randy.  Then, there's the ridiculously amazing handshake between Savage and Hogan.  Then, there's Hogan with Liz on his shoulder.  And so on...

Now, it's like they have the moment in mind, but don't take the steps to get there.  Like @DMJ said up there, they think Alexa on the swing is enough.  Why is she on the swing?  How did we get there?  

WWE wants to have that shot of Wrestler X pointing to the Wrestlemania sign.  They'll show it week after week in video packages.  I don't think they put too much effort into getting that wrestler to the point where we really care that they're pointing to that sign, though.  I was glad Drew won the Rumble last year.  Mostly because it was someone fresh.  But was I invested in him winning and pointing to that sign?  No.  He'd won a few matches maybe leading up to it, but he didn't have a story.  

For my money, it doesn't get much worse than a dominant heel who beats all her opponents clean after burying them verbally, especially when that heel is the smallest and most fragile woman on the roster. It was everything people complain about with Charlotte except ten times worse. Charlotte at least has physical credibility and is capable of having good-to-great matches with good workers. And as terrible as that Asuka/Alexa segment was, Bayley: This Is Your Life was at least as bad.

OK, OK, hear me out...

Who is better in wrestling, The Fiend or... The Boogeyman.

I mean, Boogey isn't any good, of course, but he wasn't around for very long, wasn't stink up the main event & was never WWE champion. Nor did his nonsense spread to other characters in the way like The Fiend has possessed Alexa or whatever the fuck. Boogey had shit stuff too though, like when he bite the shit off Jillian's face. Oof.

The Fiend would be fine if he were simply a supernatural Boogie Woogie Man or Godfather who existed in a separate universe from the real wrestling on the card. Not that mid-2000s WWE creative was any great shakes, but I have to imagine that Vince was still lucid enough at that point that anyone who suggested putting Boogeyman in a main event title match would have been fired on the spot.

1 hour ago, WingedEagle said:

Is there anything worth watching on Raw this week?

AJ vs Ricochet was very good, especially the finish. Hurt Business vs Riddle/Lucha House Party was solid. They seem to be moving toward Mustafa Ali vs Kofi Kingston in the future. I thought Orton did well with his promo. Him being the serious one in that messed-up story helps a lot.

Honestly, if Fiend/Alexa were removed from the show, RAW would be average. Nothing to write home about, and there would still be some dead weight on the airwaves. But nothing to level of the Fiend taking the entire program down with him.

Fiend shouldn't be anywhere near a title, let alone the top prize. Even if you don't like Seth Rollins--I'm no fan--having him cry over Bray in a mask killed his face run. Absolutely brutal.

It feels like they're moving toward Fiend and Alexa being a championship couple from Hades. UGH. If you're on Smackdown, consider yourself blessed not to be around that potential black hole.-