Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/18 - 01/24 Brazil's president is annoyed that people started getting vaccinated

KawadaSmile

I don't even remember Alexa's alleged "reign of terror"  or what show she was on.  I assume it didn't bother me that much or I would, because I wasn't totally checked out on the product in 2017 like I am now.  I always thought Alexa was a pretty good heel and decent in the ring, definitely wasn't bad, but I also followed her since NXT and saw her steady improvement

She hasn't been as good since all the injuries (and concussions) started piling up, which I think is why they had her in a tag team with Cross for so long and now she almost never wrestles

I haven't watched much of the stuff with her, Orton and Fiend because based on everything I hear and read it's awful, and from the looks of it it wouldn't appeal to me, so I can't really comment on it other than the little I have seen kinda sucks.  Which is weird because in an alternate universe you could have Wyatt as a Sullivan type, Bliss as Fallen Angel and he could reassemble a new Wyatt Family.  Even a longterm story there with Orton.  Cut out some of the more hokey stuff and I think it could all work, but WWE creative is just so bad right now.  Unless it's Reigns or Bryan essentially booking themselves on SD they fuck up everything

Gillberg in 2021?  Seriously?  It's incredible how creatively bankrupt they are

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, cm funk said:

Which is weird because in an alternate universe you could have Wyatt as a Sullivan type, Bliss as Fallen Angel and he could reassemble a new Wyatt Family.  Even a longterm story there with Orton.  Cut out some of the more hokey stuff and I think it could all work, but WWE creative is just so bad right now.

This is the part that really gets me.

When the Wyatt Family first started and they were doing like a Southern backwoods Jim Jones thing with him, I thought there was so much potential with that gimmick. All kinds of potential angles with him trying to recruit and indoctrinate people. Followers could easily be swapped in and out to freshen things up. Etc.

Now we have somehow gone from that, to dreadlocked supernatural murder clown, and I apparently missed the explanation (I know there probably wasn't one) on how that happened.

26 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

When the Wyatt Family first started and they were doing like a Southern backwoods Jim Jones thing with him, I thought there was so much potential with that gimmick. All kinds of potential angles with him trying to recruit and indoctrinate people. Followers could easily be swapped in and out to freshen things up. Etc.

I don't remember what year that was when they debuted, I know I wasn't watching the product back then and only following from afar, but there was so much hype about the vignettes and the debut of Bray Wyatt that I had to watch what that was, and yeah, the intro, the music, the fireflies, it was indeed super engaging. The issue very quickly is that there was nothing behind it and that Bray's promos were basically gibberish for the sake of it. He was basically the worst Raven ever, because Raven always had a point behind everything he said and did, his character had depth and was also stepped into the slacker pop-culture of the 90's, his Nest/Flock always was a whole bigger than the sum of its parts. Bray Wyatt was talking about Sister Abigail and acted spooky and.... that's about it. There was never any point to any of his feuds apart from speaking gibberish and acting spooky. The character was all presentation and no depth whatsoever, it's not a wonder all of his feuds ended up huge letdowns if not complete disasters. Not to mention his big matches always under-delivered.

Evil Doink was actually more spooky because although he did much less, the mere character work of Matt Borne made it more creepy while having really not much to work with (I mean, he did the Crush angle and the SummerSlam match with Bret and that's about it). Ditto Waylon Mercy, which was basically the Cape Fear version of Razor Ramon, but the fact Dan Spivey was creepy as fuck as himself (really, that face) and the simple character work he did (the shaking of the hand, the demented face when he was beating on someone) was enough. Windham Rotundo looks like a lovable big bear of a guy and despite the awesome production values, just speaking about Sister Abigail and never having *any point* whatsoever just runs short very quickly. The fact he turned into a fourth rate horror movie character and that it's considered "super creative" in the realm of WWE really underlined the vacuity of the whole thing.

Not as good as the Riddle match but still pretty good. Love main event Thatcher. NXT on a whole wasn't too bad. Can't wait to see Curt stallion's debut on NXT next week vs Santos Escobar.They also signed three new women to NXT. Elayna Black, Lacey Ryan and Priscilla Kelly. All three are in the Women's dusty classic.

47 minutes ago, Strummer said:

According to Dave on WOR, the top Mania matches still have not been decided. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't think of a time this late where they had no direction for Mania 

It felt like they didn't have a lot of direction going into Mania 9 until mid February past the headline title match. 

Personally, I don't think they'll get the Rock. Brock and Cena are big ifs, but considering that Mania will have a crowd this year, they'd be tempted to bring Brock back. I'm sure that Rollins will be back in time for Mania but I don't know against who you book him now. As for Edge, do we have an update on his injury progress? Apparently, it was going slower than expected.

5 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

It felt like they didn't have a lot of direction going into Mania 9 until mid February past the headline title match. 

That's not very reassuring, considering how that Mania turned out.

Since Mania was pushed to April 10, it opened up enough space for them to add another PPV. So a lot of what will end up on the WM card will be decided on the February and March PPVs now.

But WWE stans will still be out there acting like there's any long term planning. 

5 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

SD is so much better than Raw. The sense of progression alone makes it feel like something totally different.

No doubt. SD feels like an entirely different promotion right now.

Also Bianca carrying Otis might be one of the most physically impressive feats I've ever seen. Looked like an ant carrying a potato chip.

Just now, sek69 said:

No doubt. SD feels like an entirely different promotion right now.

Also Bianca carrying Otis might be one of the most physically impressive feats I've ever seen. Looked like an ant carrying a potato chip.

For real. I mean, her doing that wasn't surprising in of itseld, but she made it look absurdly easy. The segment ruled.

Heel Bayley has been a joy to watch.

Remember when we all thought Dom was going to be great when he had those matches with Seth? Then he ran into the black hole of suck and is now Just A Guy.

Speaking of, Baron Corbin is like Bray Wyatt without the horror nonsense. Everyone he feuds with ends up coming out of it lesser than they went in.