Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - January 20, NOT 29, 2021

MoS

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

Yeah, it's the 20th.

Anyway, I wonder if they'll refer to Impact last night with Jerry Lynn helping Private Party becoming the #1 contenders for the Impact World Tag titles.

I mean, Tony was there so I assume so. This appears to be kicking off the next phase of the angle. 

The Luther promo was corny as fuck, but I popped for everything else in that segment. Marked out hard for Brodie Jr channelling his This is your life Rock and admonishing them for not getting his birthday right, and I felt sad when Hangman said no. But what was interesting was that his reason made perfect sense and it got me interested in what happens next, cuz no way is this over yet

5 minutes ago, Log said:

That whole segment was kinda pointless. I’m all for a slow burn, but Sting has pretty much done the same thing every week. They need to advance that story. 

At least Taz finally challenged them to an actual match. I love Taz's promos they are solid gold, but as you said, it was basically the same thing every week forever. 

The street fight thing is intriguing. Sting is probably too old to do anything other than a cinematic match, but I don't think TNT Champion Darby Allin should be partaking in a cinematic match.

This Cody-Jade-Shaq thing is bad and boring. Shaq hasn't been a celebrity people cared about since about 2004. No one is going to get converted into being an AEW fan cuz fucking Shaq might at some unspecified point in time in the future get involved in some match. End this putrid shit please

Eh, Shaq still has some pull. His DJ sets draw huge crowds and he’s still active on NBA tv. They can cross promote on TNT’s NBA coverage and maybe get some folks to take a look. 
Is it enough to really make a huge impact? Probably not. But he’s not totally irrelevant. 

*Full disclosure, my wife works for one of the companies (yes, there are many) that Shaq endorses. She’s actually worked directly with him on a few things. 

5 minutes ago, MoS said:

This Cody-Jade-Shaq thing is bad and boring. Shaq hasn't been a celebrity people cared about since about 2004. No one is going to get converted into being an AEW fan cuz fucking Shaq might at some unspecified point in time in the future get involved in some match. End this putrid shit please

Shaq does the NBA shows for TNT, so it's corporate synergy with the TV network.