Pro Wrestling Only

Looking to start a project starting in 1980

Dr. Dunk

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would like to do is use the NWA Territorial system with each promotion having a set roster starting Jan 1st, 1980. The WWWF/WWF & AWA wrestlers would be released into a free agency draft. Wrestlers like Andre, Abdullah and a few others would be traveling attractions. Each writer can then trade or pick-up free agents when needed.

For those interested, here a list of NWA Territories that can be used in the game.

Amarillo
Georgia Championship Wrestling
Stampede
Mid-Atlantic
World Class
Big Time Wrestling (Farhat)
Big Time Wrestling( Shire)
Mid-America (Gulas)
Pacific Northwest
Central States
Southeast Championship Wrestling (Fuller)
Los Angeles (Labell)
St. louis (Muchnick)
WWC (Colon)
Florida
Maple Leaf Wrestling
All Star Wrestling (Tomko)
Mid-South (Watts)

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

That's a solid start to choose from. Plenty to choose from. If you're struggling with the roster, DM me. I can send you the list I was telling you about, even if it's from 1981.

Can you PM me the website? I started going through wrestlingdata.com, but it's really a tedious task. 

10 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I have no idea how this game works, but if one of you guys can shoot me a PM and explain it to me, I'd be interested.  I'd be all over that Maple Leaf Wrestling territory, but I want somebody to tell me how it works.

I'm still working on it. I haven't felt too well the past several days.

Rules:
The NWA Champ :
The champ is Harley Race and will of course, be a traveling champion. To book the champ, you have to ask a month ahead of time. Race will be champ for at least 3 months and if somebody wants to nominate a strong contender, then it will be voted on. The previous champ will then work for the promotion that the new champ use to work for( unless they don't want him). If that's the case, what promotions want the previous title holder will stake their claim and it will be decided on random.org on who gets him and to replace the wrestler that they lost, said promotion would get to pick someone out of free agency.

NWA Tag Team Champs: It's basically the same idea as above.

Rosters:
You would start with the real life existing roster as it was on Jan 1st, 1980. However, Andre The Giant would be a traveling attraction. 
All the wrestlers from the AWA & WWWF would go into a draft ( which it's order would be picked via Random.org).

If someone wants to use either AJPW/NJPW then I will get you those rosters. 

Titles:
Please use the real life belts. If you want to have a TV champion, that's fine. 

If anyone who has interest wants to add any suggestions, then go ahead.

I'm perfectly fine with the concept of the NWA champs remaining the way they were back then but why not giving us leeway with the way we build our rosters via the draft? And what happens to Harley or the NWA champs (I assume that Ole & Gene Anderson are the NWA World Tag Champs as we start) once they lose the belt?

@Dr. Dunk, the list I sent you by email were the rosters of another game's promotion but they were all drafted by the writers to build those rosters. While those were obviously respecting the mentality of those rosters and the history of those territories, I think we should grant ourselves a bit more freedom with the draft. The fun in this type of game is having the chance to rewrite history a bit while not being stuck with too strict guidelines. Like, it obviously makes sense for the Von Erichs to work in World Class but having the possibility of them to work, let's say in Florida or in the Pacific Northwest. However, if you really want to start with pre-set rosters, may I suggest an idea to allow ourselves open slots on our rosters to allow the possibilities of workers from other territories or free agency to work our shows every once in a while.

Anyway, your game, you got the last word and I'll comply with it, whatever you decide. Just PM me if there's anything ;)

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

I'm perfectly fine with the concept of the NWA champs remaining the way they were back then but why not giving us leeway with the way we build our rosters via the draft? And what happens to Harley or the NWA champs (I assume that Ole & Gene Anderson are the NWA World Tag Champs as we start) once they lose the belt?

@Dr. Dunk, the list I sent you by email were the rosters of another game's promotion but they were all drafted by the writers to build those rosters. While those were obviously respecting the mentality of those rosters and the history of those territories, I think we should grant ourselves a bit more freedom with the draft. The fun in this type of game is having the chance to rewrite history a bit while not being stuck with too strict guidelines. Like, it obviously makes sense for the Von Erichs to work in World Class but having the possibility of them to work, let's say in Florida or in the Pacific Northwest. However, if you really want to start with pre-set rosters, may I suggest an idea to allow ourselves open slots on our rosters to allow the possibilities of workers from other territories or free agency to work our shows every once in a while.

Anyway, your game, you got the last word and I'll comply with it, whatever you decide. Just PM me if there's anything ;)

I explained in the post that Harley or the Andersons would either go to the promotion in which the new champ came from or they can be traded.

3 hours ago, BRobb123 said:

A draft might be fun to let people suit their roster to their own needs. I'm in either way.

Can you PM me or email me the list too so I can look it over? My email's [email protected]. Thanks!

Thanks for the interest. I want to wait until we get another 2 or 3 people interested and I'll keep you informed.