Pro Wrestling Only

Looking to start a project starting in 1980

Dr. Dunk

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine. You can start with pick # 39 after BRobb selects. Welcome aboard. You automatically get the promotions Referee's/Announcers. Here are some rules.

Rules:
The NWA Champ :
The champ is Harley Race and will of course, be a traveling champion. To book the champ, you have to ask a month ahead of time. Race will be champ for at least 3 months and if somebody wants to nominate a strong contender, then it will be voted on. The previous champ will then work for the promotion that the new champ use to work for( unless they don't want him). If that's the case, what promotions want the previous title holder will stake their claim and it will be decided on random.org on who gets him and to replace the wrestler that they lost, said promotion would get to pick someone out of free agency.

NWA Tag Team Champs: They are Masked Superstar & Paul Jones It's basically the same idea as above.

NWA Junior champ is Les Thornton

Rosters:
You would start with the real life existing roster as it was on Jan 1st, 1981. However, Andre The Giant would be a traveling attraction. 
All the wrestlers from the AWA & WWWF would go into a draft ( which it's order would be picked via Random.org).

Each Territory will be required to have a Regional & Tag Team Champion. It will be optional if you want a "TV" title. Please use your promotions regular announcers, referees, TV stations wen possible to try and keep the "realism" as close as possible.

Each Territory will have a max of 40 wrestlers ( not including managers, which you can have a max of 3) and you will have to have enhancement wrestlers on your rosters at all times. I think the best way to break things down for drafting purposes will be the following:
Main: 6
Mid-Card to Upper : 12-14
Lower to Mid-Card: 12-14
Opening match workers: 5
Managers : 3 (if you only want 1 or 2, then you can have that as a empty space and use it to pick up someone in free agency)

At the beginning of the year, we will have a draft for the rookies of 1982. Also, at this time to keep rosters fresh, you have to keep 5 wrestlers unprotected and we will have a mini draft for those who might want to select any of these wrestlers. 

So, The NWA Champion ( Harley Race) , NWA Tag Champs (Masked Superstar & Paul Jones) and NWA Junior Champ (Les Thornton) will be available for bookings after the starting in March. I chose March, so everyone can get their territories going and get a rhythm. If someone wants to book a champ, post it in the thread that I will create and They will be yours. So everyone can have a shot, please keep booking to no more then 2 weeks per month

Each promotion can move wrestlers "up and down" the card as they wish, but you must have somewhere on your roster page a place to say what a wrestler is. Example, Tommy Rich (upper card), Ole Anderson (Main), Ray Candy (mid-card)

Running your circuit:
Each Territory will be required to run a weekly TV show and to try and run the Territories "Loop" as close as possible. A tool I have used in the past has been wrestlingdata.com, which if you click on a promotion and a particular year, you can run the same loop and buildings as they did in the past. This helps with the realism I'm trying to keep. This means you use the all the Referees, TV Announcers that your territory would have used and these are listed in the roster page.

Titles:
Please use the real life belts. If you want to have a TV champion, that's fine. 

If anyone who has interest wants to add any suggestions, then go ahead.

Title Changes:

The NWA Champ :
The champ is Harley Race and will of course, be a traveling champion. To book the champ, you have to ask a month ahead of time. Race will be champ for at least 3 months and if somebody wants to nominate a strong contender, then it will be voted on. The previous champ will then work for the promotion that the new champ use to work for( unless they don't want him). If that's the case, what promotions want the previous title holder will stake their claim and it will be decided on random.org on who gets him and to replace the wrestler that they lost, said promotion would get to pick someone out of free agency.

NWA Tag Team Champs & Junior Champ: It's basically the same idea as above.

57 minutes ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

I'll take a look at what's left when all is said and done if that's okay to open up another spot.

- Actually there's quite a few people I'd like to have a go at with Mid South if I could pop in... I could draft twice and then just do free agent picks from there...

You can draft 3X twice to give you 6 wrestlers off the bat.

58 minutes ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

I'll take a look at what's left when all is said and done if that's okay to open up another spot.

- Actually there's quite a few people I'd like to have a go at with Mid South if I could pop in... I could draft twice and then just do free agent picks from there...

That's fine. You can start with pick # 39 after BRobb selects. Welcome aboard. You automatically get the promotions Referee's/Announcers. Here are some rules.

Rules:
The NWA Champ :

NWA Tag Team Champs: They are Masked Superstar & Paul Jones It's basically the same idea as above.

NWA Junior champ is Les Thornton

Rosters:
You would start with the real life existing roster as it was on Jan 1st, 1981. However, Andre The Giant would be a traveling attraction. 
All the wrestlers from the AWA & WWWF would go into a draft ( which it's order would be picked via Random.org).

Each Territory will be required to have a Regional & Tag Team Champion. It will be optional if you want a "TV" title. Please use your promotions regular announcers, referees, TV stations wen possible to try and keep the "realism" as close as possible.

Each Territory will have a max of 40 wrestlers ( not including managers, which you can have a max of 3) and you will have to have enhancement wrestlers on your rosters at all times. I think the best way to break things down for drafting purposes will be the following:
Main: 6
Mid-Card to Upper : 12-14
Lower to Mid-Card: 12-14
Opening match workers: 5
Managers : 3 (if you only want 1 or 2, then you can have that as a empty space and use it to pick up someone in free agency)

At the beginning of the year, we will have a draft for the rookies of 1982. Also, at this time to keep rosters fresh, you have to keep 5 wrestlers unprotected and we will have a mini draft for those who might want to select any of these wrestlers. 

So, The NWA Champion ( Harley Race) , NWA Tag Champs (Masked Superstar & Paul Jones) and NWA Junior Champ (Les Thornton) will be available for bookings after the starting in March. I chose March, so everyone can get their territories going and get a rhythm. If someone wants to book a champ, post it in the thread that I will create and They will be yours. So everyone can have a shot, please keep booking to no more then 2 weeks per month

Each promotion can move wrestlers "up and down" the card as they wish, but you must have somewhere on your roster page a place to say what a wrestler is. Example, Tommy Rich (upper card), Ole Anderson (Main), Ray Candy (mid-card)

Running your circuit:
Each Territory will be required to run a weekly TV show and to try and run the Territories "Loop" as close as possible. A tool I have used in the past has been wrestlingdata.com, which if you click on a promotion and a particular year, you can run the same loop and buildings as they did in the past. This helps with the realism I'm trying to keep. This means you use the all the Referees, TV Announcers that your territory would have used and these are listed in the roster page.

Titles:
Please use the real life belts. If you want to have a TV champion, that's fine. 

If anyone who has interest wants to add any suggestions, then go ahead.

Title Changes:

The NWA Champ :

NWA Tag Team Champs & Junior Champ: It's basically the same idea as above.

1 hour ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

I'm all for other people joining this project, but I think it's only fair to warn you that no matter what anybody says or does, I am not willing to let Iron Mike Sharpe go.

1 minute ago, The Thread Killer said:

I'm all for other people joining this project, but I think it's only fair to warn you that no matter what anybody says or does, I am not willing to let Iron Mike Sharpe go.

I don't know if it is worth signing up if the former NWA Pacific Coast Heavyweight Championship (Vancouver version) isn't available...

I was just wondering about WWWF if it isn't available, I am torn on Georgia or Mid South but I am going to do some quick research right now to have an idea within the next 10 or whenever @Dr. Dunk gets back to me.

2 hours ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

Okay, I had 2 quick questions... Is the WWWF available and if so would they be the ones to book out Andre?

Secondly, how many picks would I be able to select 3 per spot right?

He's special attraction in the game, since no one wanted the WWWF. I'm going to book him out, just like how the NWA Champs are booked out.

2 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

If we can't get the admins here to give us a subforum for this, should we maybe look at starting a board of our own?  There must be a ton of free ones out there, I know the guys who ran that GME poll did something like that.

I had let Dunk know, we can move this into the millennium sub board and delete our old posts...