Pro Wrestling Only

Looking to start a project starting in 1980

Dr. Dunk

10 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Ideally, having an odd number of writers would be best, especially to break ties with the votes in regards to NWA World title. We could easily start at 5 and then move upwards as time goes.

Currently there is 3 and I guess that can be a start, I'll get things ready shortly.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules as of now:

Each Territory will be required to have a Regional & Tag Team Champion. It will be optional if you want a "TV" title. Please use your promotions regular announcers, referees, TV stations wen possible to try and keep the "realism" as close as possible.

Each Territory will have a max of 30 wrestlers ( not including managers, which you can have a max of 3) and you will have to have enhancement wrestlers on your rosters at all times. I think the best way to break things down for drafting purposes will be the following:
Main: 6
Upper to Mid-Card: 8-10
Lower to Mid-Card: 8-10
Opening match workers: 4

Each promotion can move wrestlers "up and down" the card as they wish, but you must have somewhere on your roster page a place to say what a wrestler is. Example, Tommy Rich (upper card), Ole Anderson (Main), Ray Candy (mid-card)

There will be rookies each year that will be drafted and retirements. Would use RANDOM.org for a draft order.

Running your circuit:
Each Territory will be required to run a weekly TV show and to try and run the Territories "Loop" as close as possible. A tool I have used in the past has been wrestlingdata.com, which if you click on a promotion and a particular year, you can run the same loop and buildings as they did in the past. This helps with the realism I'm trying to keep.

Once I get the rosters situated, traveling attractions will be designated and they will have their own page for bookings separate from the NWA Champ & Tag Team Champions. 

For those interested, you can came your Territory that you want to run now.

For those interested, here a list of NWA Territories that can be used in the game.

Maple Leaf Wrestling (THE THREAD KILLER)
Stampede ( SIR EDGAR)

Mid-Atlantic (DR,DUNK)
World Class (BROBB123)

Amarillo
Georgia Championship Wrestling
Big Time Wrestling (Farhat)
Big Time Wrestling( Shire)
Mid-America (Gulas)
Pacific Northwest
Central States
Southeast Championship Wrestling (Fuller)
Los Angeles (Labell)
St. louis (Muchnick)
WWC (Colon)
Florida
All Star Wrestling (Tomko)
Mid-South (Watts

The NWA Champ :
The champ is Harley Race and will of course, be a traveling champion. To book the champ, you have to ask a month ahead of time. Race will be champ for at least 3 months and if somebody wants to nominate a strong contender, then it will be voted on. The previous champ will then work for the promotion that the new champ use to work for( unless they don't want him). If that's the case, what promotions want the previous title holder will stake their claim and it will be decided on random.org on who gets him and to replace the wrestler that they lost, said promotion would get to pick someone out of free agency.

NWA Tag Team Champs: It's basically the same idea as above.

If someone wants to use either AJPW/NJPW then I will get you those rosters.

I'm in...and I would like to claim Maple Leaf Wrestling, please.  I think a draft would be great.  I actually remember a fair number of the names who worked the Toronto territory around that time, but if there is a list handy that would be even better. 

The thing about Maple Leaf Wrestling in the early 80's is that it was pretty awesome because it was after The Sheik was booking, but before Vince McMahon bought out the Tunney family, so Maple Leaf Wrestling was actually being run by Jim Crockett Promotions and had a bunch of talent from the Mid-Atlantic area...namely Ric Flair, Greg Valentine, etc.

Great as so far we have 4 promotions. I have a very busy rest of the week, but I'll try and have all the rosters up by the end of Sunday, with each wrestler designated as a main eventer, all the way down to enhancement talent. If anybody has any other suggestions, please feel free to add them. So far the Territories are....

Dr. Dunk: Mid-Atlantic
Sir Edgar: Stampede
The Thread Killer: Maple Leaf Wrestling
BRobb123: World Class

Also, the rosters sent to me are from Sir Edgar and instead of 1980, it will be a 1981 project. The Champs were the following.

NWA Champion: Harley Race
NWA Tag Team Champions: Masked Superstar & Paul Jones.

In regards of drafting, I want to have a snake draft and I want to keep the Tag Champs together. How do those on here want to handle this? Also, I was thinking about letting those who want to draft a team and keep them together by having it cost them 2 picks. Is that alright with everyone? How about the drafting of managers? Want to have a separate draft for them? Maybe whoever is last in the first round of the snake draft, gets the 1st pick in a manager draft.

Usually, the snake draft works best because it gets everyone the best chance of picking up good wrestlers. As for tag teams, I think it's perfect like that since it's always been the way we used to do in every draft so far. As for the managers, I suggest to pick them in the same draft. For all we know, most might probably wanna wait until the end or in the middle of the draft to get them so I don't think this will be an issue at all.

11 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Usually, the snake draft works best because it gets everyone the best chance of picking up good wrestlers. As for tag teams, I think it's perfect like that since it's always been the way we used to do in every draft so far. As for the managers, I suggest to pick them in the same draft. For all we know, most might probably wanna wait until the end or in the middle of the draft to get them so I don't think this will be an issue at all.

We can have managers in the same draft, makes sense. How about the World Tag Champs, should they be like Race and travel when needed?

I like snake drafts, and I really like the allowing of picking teams together. 

Two questions I thought of related to 1981:

1. Should we have the Junior Heavyweight Champion? As of right now, that would be Les Thornton. It ends up going to Japan in '82 to never return. 

2. Since we're doing 1981 now, for the sake of realism, should I do Fritz's Texas proper instead of Amarillo, which is almost dead at this point. I can if it is preferred for realism. I know the loop for both.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Dr. Dunk said:

We can have managers in the same draft, makes sense. How about the World Tag Champs, should they be like Race and travel when needed?

The World Tag Champs should be like Harley. We can have them drafted like Harley to use once they lose their tag titles anyway.

To answer BRobb:

1. A junior heavyweight champion would be a nice addition although I'm not necessarily in the know about all the workers that would qualify for that title. However, I'm definitely not against it and it can make for a good special attraction too for territories in case they can't book the NWA World & Tag Team titles on a specific night

2. Honestly, I'm not gonna infringe on another worker's mindset for running a territory (I wouldn't even if this was my project). I don't see any problem if you want to switch to running World Class rather than Amarillo.

I've pulled out my ancient copy of the Wrestling Observer Who's Who in Pro Wrestling for this, and at this point in time, the World Junior Title was basically something Les Thornton carried around and occasionally lost while working wherever. He was big enough they actually made him work non-title matches in NJPW. Eventually, I assume he sold it, because Tiger Mask won the belt and it never came back to the U.S. in the 80s. In fact, the NWA stopped recognizing it after Tiger Mask defended it in MSG. I have no idea what the weight limit was supposed to be though.

I guess I might as well switch to Dallas (I don't think it's WCCW yet?) if we're doing 1981, since that's a territory that actually existed for more than two months. I leave it up to Dr. Dunk, as this is his thing.

4 hours ago, BRobb123 said:

I like snake drafts, and I really like the allowing of picking teams together. 

Two questions I thought of related to 1981:

1. Should we have the Junior Heavyweight Champion? As of right now, that would be Les Thornton. It ends up going to Japan in '82 to never return. 

2. Since we're doing 1981 now, for the sake of realism, should I do Fritz's Texas proper instead of Amarillo, which is almost dead at this point. I can if it is preferred for realism. I know the loop for both.

Thanks!

Whatever you would like to do. 

3 hours ago, SirEdger said:

The World Tag Champs should be like Harley. We can have them drafted like Harley to use once they lose their tag titles anyway.

To answer BRobb:

1. A junior heavyweight champion would be a nice addition although I'm not necessarily in the know about all the workers that would qualify for that title. However, I'm definitely not against it and it can make for a good special attraction too for territories in case they can't book the NWA World & Tag Team titles on a specific night

2. Honestly, I'm not gonna infringe on another worker's mindset for running a territory (I wouldn't even if this was my project). I don't see any problem if you want to switch to running World Class rather than Amarillo.

We can vote on doing a Junior heavyweight Champion.