Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/25 - 01/31 What's the pro wrestling equivalent of Mahomes vs Brady?

KawadaSmile

Also interesting to point out this deal for the WWE Network makes no sense for NBC/Universal unless the long term plan is to go after Smackdown when the Fox deal ends, and the possibility at that point since Vince will be almost 80 it could be the right time for them to buy WWE outright. If they are going to shell out money for Raw and Network rights, you might well just own the company and save yourself some bucks. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember when I called Charlotte an unprofessional shithead after she put a concussed Kairi Sane through a table and you all laughed at me? Well, who's laughing now? Not Shayna, obviously.

8 hours ago, MoS said:

It would be really stupid of her to stiff Shayna, given Shayna can send her straight to another 6 months off

Not if she wants to keep her job. You're pretty much untouchable if you're related to someone who was a star when wrestling was popular.

Speaking of which...

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

The contrast between that and the Jessicka Havok double choke slam at Hard To Kill is amazing. Havok was super careful to get it right and not hurt Hogan and Steelz and here Nia fucks up and then makes sure she lands on her head. 

Havok is everything Jaxx is not : a good pro-wrestler.

(amazing elevation on that legdrop too, wow, the athleticism, that girl sure has everything going for her... And by that I mean she's part of a famous family)

EDIT : I had totally missed the clip of Charlotte dragging a KOed Shayna to the outside and letting her fall off the ring as a total dead body. What the hell ? This is concussion city.

I'm sure if Shayna wanted to issue a receipt they won't punish someone who's friends with a big star they are still thirsty to get back. 

Besides, she seems smart enough that if there was a receipt it won't be something obvious, I'd wager the next time she gets Charlotte in a submission it might end up being pretty snug. 

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

I'm sure if Shayna wanted to issue a receipt they won't punish someone who's friends with a big star they are still thirsty to get back. 

Besides, she seems smart enough that if there was a receipt it won't be something obvious, I'd wager the next time she gets Charlotte in a submission it might end up being pretty snug. 

Plus, one undisputedly great thing about the rise of AEW has been that wrestlers have more options and that has increased their leverage. We have heard countless stories of wrestlers whom WWE was not paying attention to, suddenly receiving big money offers from Titan cuz AEW expressed interest. And of course AEW would express interest in Shayna. 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

So I guess today was that India-centered Supershow where they brought in Jinder and all the Indian folks collecting dust at the PC, any of our India brothers watch the show? 

Genuinely think I am the only Indian brother here, and since I am in NYC now, you all will have to wait until I get reports from my friends back home, sorry

6 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I'm prepared for my Twitter to implode on Sunday night again.

At this point, what's even the worst case scenario? Because I'm already stone cold & completely dead on WWE. The Undertaker comes back & wins? Bray Wyatt? The Miz? Honestly, nothing would surprise me at this point. Triple H? Like, who cares? 

Wrestlemania last year was pathetic, so I can't imagine WWE is going to do anything this year, during the pandemic, from Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania. They already brought back Goldberg. 

Maybe Edge wins & we get Edge Vs. Randy Orton at Wrestlemania again! Yeah, buddy. 

Fuck it, let Nia Jax win the men's Rumble. 

10 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I'm prepared for my Twitter to implode on Sunday night again.

4 hours ago, Coffey said:

At this point, what's even the worst case scenario? Because I'm already stone cold & completely dead on WWE. The Undertaker comes back & wins? Bray Wyatt? The Miz? Honestly, nothing would surprise me at this point. Triple H? Like, who cares? 

Wrestlemania last year was pathetic, so I can't imagine WWE is going to do anything this year, during the pandemic, from Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania. They already brought back Goldberg. 

Maybe Edge wins & we get Edge Vs. Randy Orton at Wrestlemania again! Yeah, buddy. 

Fuck it, let Nia Jax win the men's Rumble. 

Right before #30 is set to enter, someone goes on a big elimination spree. When there are only two people left in the ring, one of them is made to look like a total jackass, by hitting a cactus clothesline and eliminating himself as well as the opponent who just eliminated everyone. The ring sits empty.....

Countdown clock to #30...… Lights Go Out.....Lights Come On.... The Fiend is in the ring.....The Fiend wins without ever touching anyone and now main events WrestleMania.

Spooky lights, spooky laughter, Michael Cole is frightened voice, end of show.

They've done such a terrific job of making nobody - save for Reigns and maybe a handful of other guys - "hot" right now that I'm definitely in the camp that says there is no 1 bad option, there's just degradations between from "okay" to "why not?" to "complete indifference."

Like, who would honestly be the worst person they could pick? Ziggler? 

Someone joked about The Miz and, yes, that'd be a bad idea. But is it any worse than some other random midcarder? 

1 hour ago, DMJ said:

They've done such a terrific job of making nobody - save for Reigns and maybe a handful of other guys - "hot" right now that I'm definitely in the camp that says there is no 1 bad option, there's just degradations between from "okay" to "why not?" to "complete indifference."

Someone joked about The Miz and, yes, that'd be a bad idea. But is it any worse than some other random midcarder? 

I'd argue the SmackDown side is so well booked in contrast that it's basically a given that the winner is going to be from RAW. Like, they set up at least 5 people from the blue brand to have motivations, aspirations, throwback to past success and failure, I'm expecting them to throw it out the window entirely.

1 hour ago, DMJ said:

The Fiend

3 hours ago, Strummer said:

So Bianca or Alexa seem like only real options for the women's rumble, right?

unless a part timer or Becky comes back

I'm never willing to count Charlotte out of anything. She can be the first two-time Women's Royal Rumble winner.